Trayvon Martin killing: The media -vs- reality

Unfortunately this case is so tained by the press that it's unlikely the Courts will be able to have a modicum of accuracy in trying to suss out the events.

Ooops.......

Did anyone form their opinion about this case based on their hearing the 911 tapes?

If you did, you might want to rethink your opinion one way or the other. You might not have heard what you thought you heard.

Now it seems that a National News Organization has just been caught editing those tapes before you might have heard them. This morning, NBC was claiming they didn't know how it happened, but vowed they would find the culprit.

It doesn't matter to them Fade, facts don't matter. To them the fantasy of Zimmerman chasing down and murdering a 12 year old black boy for buying Skittles is all their brain will ever register. The fantasy that Zimmerman was a Caucasian white supremest is all their brain will ever register, despite he was a Hispanic who the worked alongside the NAACP in the past.

Unfortunately this case is so tainted by the press that it's unlikely the Courts will be able to have a modicum of accuracy in trying to suss out the events.
of course, people have interjected all sorts of elements in there and as I have said before I pass by that stuff. I look at the behavior that we know happened and all I see is a guy that had no reason to follow someone who was walking down the street. We know from phone records that Martin was talking to his girlfriend as he walked back from the store to her home. Is that the sort of thing people do when they are planning to commit a crime??

I doubt it. In any case walking down the street is not illegal. Unless the morons in FL now decide it is. In which case it's time for all the normal, civilized people to move the hell out of that shithole.

Martin had no criminal records. He appears to be your typical 17 year old.

zimmerman, on the other hand DOES have a record and it's shows a guy with problems. there's only ONE reason this guy got to carry a gun: daddy.

It doesn't take a genius to see this is a Privileged guy getting a pass every single time he fucked up. And daddy is paying for his lawyers and trying to get him a pass this time. Only this time he killed a person. Who's only "fault" was being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Every time I see Martin in the news I think of his mother. How do you think she feels having carried and given birth and nurtured her son for 17 years? All the potential he had was snuffed out by a guy that has been given a pass his whole life. I know life isn't fair but this is a travesty of justice. All I want is for zimmerman to have a trial where there - at LEAST - is some attempt to deliver the facts. No matter what such a trial may find nothing can ease Martin's mother's pain. And I know what it looks like when a parent has lost their child. My aunt lost her only daughter to cancer. She doesn't speak about it every day but I KNOW she thinks about it. There's just nothing worse.

You have to be a complete barbarian to talk about Martin as if he deserved being killed by that scumbag. You have to be a complete barbarian to feel that having a gun gives you the right to kill Anyone you want at anytime. When I see that attitude this is one of the things that make me ashamed to be an American.

One of the things I try to teach my children is responsibility. Martin killed a man, period. Unless it can be proven Martin's life was in imminent danger he should be in prision taking responsibility.

Seems the police and system are a miss by allowing an admitted murderer to continue the walk the streets unimpeded. Zimmerman admitted the shooting and murder. He should be arrested and it be determined how to handle him while the investigation is pending.

One of the things I try to teach my children is responsibility. Martin killed a man, period. Unless it can be proven Martin's life was in imminent danger he should be in prision taking responsibility.

Seems the police and system are a miss by allowing an admitted murderer to continue the walk the streets unimpeded. Zimmerman admitted the shooting and murder. He should be arrested and it be determined how to handle him while the investigation is pending.

What part of having your nose broken, laying on your back and having the back of your head smashed into the sidewalk is confusing to you?

Finally found a link.

(Reuters) - An internal NBC News probe has determined a "seasoned" producer was to blame for a misleading clip of a 911 call that the network broadcast during its coverage of the Trayvon Martin shooting, according to two sources at the network.

NBC News brass interviewed more than half a dozen staffers during its investigation of the misleadingly edited 911 call placed by George Zimmerman just before he shot the unarmed Florida teenager, said the sources, one of whom is an executive at the network.

The clip aired on the network's flagship "Today" morning show last week.

The edit made it appear that Zimmerman immediately told police that Martin
was black, when, in fact, the full tape reveals that the neighborhood watch captain only did so when responding to a question posed by a dispatcher.
--------------------------

Well I guess it's OK then.
He only did it to stir the racial pot.

I do wonder though; If all this happened last week, why is it only now being reported, and by Reuters no less.
All I heard this morning on TV was very thin, along with the apology.

It doesn't matter to them Fade, facts don't matter. To them the fantasy of Zimmerman chasing down and murdering a 12 year old black boy for buying Skittles is all their brain will ever register. The fantasy that Zimmerman was a Caucasian white supremest is all their brain will ever register, despite he was a Hispanic who the worked alongside the NAACP in the past.

look what u just did red... now hes a 12 yr old.... dude stop eating the gmo man hormone... please!!!

What part of having your nose broken, laying on your back and having the back of your head smashed into the sidewalk is confusing to you?
and let's assume for shits and giggles that all that really happened?

what part of 'it would NEVER have come to that if the fucktard zimmerman had Not followed an innocent person down the street and CAUSED trouble' ????

but then according to you and the rest of the barbarians as long as a shithead has a gun the law and human decency doesn't matter at all.

and let's assume for shits and giggles that all that really happened?

what part of 'it would NEVER have come to that if the fucktard zimmerman had Not followed an innocent person down the street and CAUSED trouble' ????

but then according to you and the rest of the barbarians as long as a shithead has a gun the law and human decency doesn't matter at all.

u do know, dear cecilia; that guns are like badges of honor and merit, and all who carry them walk well within the confines of the law and possess an impeccable sense of personal ethics...

u do know, dear cecilia; that guns are like badges of honor and merit, and all who carry them walk well within the confines of the law and possess an impeccable sense of personal ethics...
yeah, right. :rolleyes:

I wish it was true. I'm fine with the second Amendment. And if a person is qualified, trains properly and take the responsibility of owning a gun with the gravitas it deserves it's ok by me.

but this zimmerman shithead is NOT a responsible citizen. he should never have had the privilege of a gun in the first place.

No, you don't get it. You see, in both incidents two people were shot but in the first incident one of them died - happy ending, see? It's obvious.
But the ex-Marine pulled out his handgun and shot one of the thieves in the head and chest and the other in the head.

Two head shots, happy ending

I'm watching TV (there's a formal announcement) - zimmerman turned himself in. so, he's in "custody" as they say.

A couple of you have proof that he's innocent.
I'm sure he has nothing to worry about.

How long has it been since the incident? He's just being arrested now? A press conference is called to announce the charges? I smell politics. I hope that I'm wrong.

Back