Trayvon Martin killing: The media -vs- reality

cecilia

Reaction score
even if you don't know anything about zimmerman's past the FACT that an armed person follows an UNARMED person and ends up killing him just doesn't look good.

cecilia

Reaction score
obviously Martin grew an extra pair of arms that cleverly had only zimmerman's dna when he tried to grab the gun. these, of course, disappeared after zimmerman shot him

Robert

Reaction score
obviously Martin grew an extra pair of arms that cleverly had only zimmerman's dna when he tried to grab the gun. these, of course, disappeared after zimmerman shot him

Indeed, and this map of the crime scene proves it:
images

cecilia

Reaction score
that doesn't change the fact that zimmerman should NOT have followed martin

anyway, we have known for months he got a bloody nose. big deal
wah wah wah
it's THE easiest thing in the universe to break a nose

cecilia

Reaction score

faethor

Reaction score
In other words the lawyers dropped the self defense twist used by the media by taking George Zimmerman at his word?

cecilia

Reaction score
I guess his lawyers think it will be easy to fine a jury who feel it's ok to attack anyone just walking down the street.

I'm sure they are correct. FL is full of loons

faethor

Reaction score
I'm sure they are correct. FL is full of loons
I had a thread of funny Florida items. Redrumloa was a good sport about it.

But here's one recent one
"Vero Beach, FL - Brenda Schumann reportedly found her estranged husband in bed with his naked girlfriend and did what any scorned woman would do in the same circumstances; she took a shit on the kitchen floor
She is quoted as saying to her arresting deputies, “I found him in bed with a naked chick. What was I supposed to do?”

cecilia

Reaction score
"Vero Beach, FL - Brenda Schumann reportedly found her estranged husband in bed with his naked girlfriend and did what any scorned woman would do in the same circumstances; she took a shit on the kitchen floor
She is quoted as saying to her arresting deputies, “I found him in bed with a naked chick. What was I supposed to do?”
actually, that makes sense. (ok, I wouldn't do it :rolleyes: )

Like any other animal she was marking her territory.

redrumloa

Reaction score
I had a thread of funny Florida items. Redrumloa was a good sport about it.

It's all true, people down here are either complete idiots, assholes or usually a combination of both. I tried my great escape in 2006. I'll be out of here one day...

robert l. bentham

Reaction score
its a horrible thing to notice, and god save me for saying this but... couldn't a whole bunch of our problems as a society be solved if more women would only swallow?

and as for zimmie the manslayer... dropping his stand your ground case is a lifesaver for him (dont want conflicting tales from two hearings) and yet, on the flipside... the only noble thing that piece of crap has done... his momma shoulda swallowed him... :rolleyes:

cecilia

Reaction score
its a horrible thing to notice, and god save me for saying this but... couldn't a whole bunch of our problems as a society be solved if more women would only swallow?

and as for zimmie the manslayer... dropping his stand your ground case is a lifesaver for him (dont want conflicting tales from two hearings) and yet, on the flipside... the only noble thing that piece of crap has done... his momma shoulda swallowed him... :rolleyes:
you can't shock me.......I'm from NY :D

as for the 'noble thing' - it's his lawyers who did that. I seriously doubt the zimmerbeast does much 'thinking'

cecilia

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with guns so i found this article about zimmerman's gun and how he claims to have carried it quite interesting.

I watched a good bit of the testimony today, and at some point during the friend's testimony (I don't remember what triggered it) I suddenly realized that Zimmerman had his gun out before the confrontation. My theory (I'm not on the jury so I'm allowed to theorize) is that Zimmerman had a fantasy that he would gallantly confront the 'punk,' and hold him at gunpoint until the officers arrived. Trayvon, being a real-live person instead of an action figure doll, saw the gun and tried to defend himself. He sounded terrified in the 911 calls. They scuffled, and George ended up on the ground - perhaps Travon hit him, or maybe he just slipped on the wet grass. At any rate, when things started to deviate from his heroic fantasies, the cowardly part of his personality took over, and he was just trying to get off a shot.

Anyway, that's my theory of how an innocent young man ended up dead on a rainy Sunday evening.
I've been thinking exactly this for some timeI've been thinking exactly this for some time (4+ / 0-)

His 'mission' was to detain Trayvon until the police came. Trayvon fought back and the rest is history.
His 'mission' was to detain Trayvon until the police came. Trayvon fought back and the rest is history.
"Wasn't going to get away this time... "
George was playing policeman he continued to follow Trayvon because he believed he could find him and detain him with his gun till "his backup" arrived. His judgement was clouded by the medications he was taking and the confidence his "MMA" classes gave him. He didn't count on the kid fighting back. When Trayvon resisted George shot him. George believed he would be seen as a hero, telling his friend to call his wife and tell her only that he shot someone.
My theory is that Zimmerman had his gun out when he approached Zimmerman.
Zimmerman had already convinced himself that he was dealing with thug. No way is he going to approach a thug without having his irons cocked and ready to go.
I think that he tried to detain Trayvon by grabbing him and that's when Trayvon - as reported by Rachel - said, "Get off me. Get off me." At that point, I believe, Zimmerman decided to shoot, Trayvon.
The murderer was probably too cute by half when he said this:
"Trayvon saw the gun and grabbed for it."

It is possible that that is exactly what happened. A good lie should have elements of the truth woven into it.
Trayvon saw that he had the gun out and made a desperate grab for it. The gun had to be out before they hit the ground.

Thanks again for this brilliant piece.
if they don't show this in court we will know the prosecution is taking a dive on this case. they need to demonstrate to the jury how it is impossible for him to draw the gun with someone on top of him like that. they need to have 2 people demonstrate this live ,in the court, in front of the jury.
Here is a link to the video...

where my screen shot came from. (5:30 mark)

Also watch Zimmerman's rather lazy enactment of his gun draw (5:49 mark) (Zimmerman could not draw his gun from his holster with that motion), and the way he enacted Martin's arm going for his gun (5:43 mark). What arm was Zimmerman suggesting Martin used to go after his gun in the video?

Another interesting item in this video...Zimmerman says, "My jacket moved up, He saw it, I feel like he saw it, he looked at it", referring to the gun. (5:27 mark) That is much different than the certainty that Martin had his hand on the pistol between grip and the hammer. Was Zimmerman able to see Martin's hand on the gun, or does he just "feel" like it was there?
wasn't it dark out??

Hoping this makes it into the court

I've been wondering if/when the prosecution is going to reenact the events of that night, showing inconsistencies with GZ's story and/or really implausible (if not impossible) situations like this.

A quick googling and it's clear there was no Martin DNA or prints on the gun, so how can his claim that Trayvon had a hand on the gun fly for even a second? Especially considering the all-but mythical "between the grip and hammer" location he suggested? It seems like this is just all preposterous.

I sure as hell hope the prosecution doesn't fu*k this up.

He'll get off

The prosecution is throwing away this case. How is it that so many of the PROSECUTION'S witnesses are so ill prepared and so helpful to the defense.

I'm usually not one for conspiracy theories, but I've had a totally unsubstantiated suspicion that this case is being prosecuted just so the State can say they did something in this racially charged event but that the prosecutor was told - "hey, take one for the team, even if you lose the case, we've got your back later on. We just need for this to go away."

Trayvon Martin musta been an octopus...

I wanna know how do you simultaneously bang a guy's head into the ground AND grab for his gun that's underneath him AND control his two arms with which he's resisting you...

I was counting and ran out of hands at two....

I mean come on, one hand is bashing Creepy-Ass Cracker's head into the ground, one hand is going for his pistol that's underneath him, which hand is controlling Cracker's arms?

For that matter, where's the pix of the big-ass bruises and black eye Trayvon had from Creepy punching the shit out of him with his unrestrained arms?

This is a bunch of fu*king bullshit.

Not completely sold.

First off, let me state that I absolutely believe Zimmerman is guilty and is lying his ass off right now in hopes of getting away with murder.

But I don't necessarily buy that he couldn't have drawn his gun. I have what I would call "wierd" shoulders. I could draw the gun with someone sitting on me. And I think trying to get him to "prove" he could make the draw would be like trying to get OJ to put on the gloves.

The real issue isn't the draw, I don't think, but the other issues you raise. How could Martin have seen the gun if it was behind Zimmerman and underneath him? If his clothes pulled up enough for someone to see and access the gun, then why wasn't it wet and/or dirty from being smashed into the ground by the weight of the two people who were supposedly on top of it?

Add to that someone supposedly repeatedely beating you in the face and smashing your head into the ground, as zimmerman claims? How did Martin even see the gun if he was sitting on zimmerman and so focused on his face/head. Zimmerman was so panicked by this beating he went for his gun but didn't bother trying to protect his face like any other person worried about self preservation would have done? I watched that CBS piece from years ago that showed people under stress often forget they have a gun and just try to protect themselves.

Seems to me like all that evidence points to the fact that the gun was already out and in the open and all the rest of the story is BS. But if too much if placed on "how could he draw when the human shoulder usually bends a certain way" could easily result in a OJ Glove moment in the court.

Take a look at the photo above...

of the MMA fighters. If Zimmerman was on his back he would have to maneuver his hand and arm underneath Martin's left leg and knee, then underneath his own back to access his gun. Zimmerman would then have to remove his pistol from its holster, pull his arm, hand, and gun back under Martin's leg and knee to point the pistol at Martin's chest and fire, all while being punched, suffocated, and having his head smashed in to the concrete. This is some physical feat from a guy who claims he was physically unable to extricate himself from being pinned down by Martin.

I think it is wiser to focus on the evidence, or lack of, that is raised in this post and my response. Things like the lack of wounds reported by the medical examiner considering the brutal beating he claimed to have gotten. How Martin could have seen a concealed gun that was underneath zimmerman. Things like how clean and tidy the gun was considereing it was supposedly underneath two people scuffling on the ground.

To me, those things are evidence the gun was not where zimmerman claims and therefore his story is not believable. To me, all this is evidence that Zimmermans story is false.

How can you prove someone can't move their arm a certain way in court? The only way would be to "ask OJ to try on the glove". To have zimmerman re-enact the event in court and that is literally impossible to do accurately. But the end result would very likely be zimmerman drawing the gun and giving the jury the impression his whole story is therefore accurate. Just as OJ magically not being able to put on the glove gave weight to the jury that the evidence wasn't believable and therefore possibly planted by racist cops.

There are plenty of holes in Zimmerman's story. This idea it is impossible to draw a gun while on your back and someone is sitting on you is a red herring I think.