Murdoch's news-tainment machine is soulless & evil

Another murdered child's parents have been informed their voicemail was intercepted, whilst Murdoch's hench-bint again feigns shock:
The mother of murder victim Sarah Payne has been told she may have been the victim of phone hacking, her charity has said.

Police told Sara Payne her details were in notes compiled by private detective Glenn Mulcaire, who was used by the News of the World, which championed her Sarah's Law child protection campaign.

The Phoenix Chief Advocates charity says Ms Payne is "devastated".
-
According to a report in the Guardian, the evidence uncovered by police in Mulcaire's notes is believed to relate to a phone given to Ms Payne by the NoW's then-editor Rebekah Brooks "as a gift to help her stay in touch with her supporters".

The BBC has not been able to confirm whether the evidence does relate to this particular mobile.

But Mrs Brooks, who left her role as News International chief executive in the wake of the hacking scandal but denies having had any knowledge of the practice while at the paper, says the phone "was not a personal gift".

In a statement, she said: "These allegations are abhorrent and particularly upsetting as Sara Payne is a dear friend.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-14332689

"BSkyB's board must now reconsider their unanimous support for James Murdoch, and those complicit in these terrible actions must be brought to justice."
there's this saying about lying with dogs and getting fleas.

The guy who hit him with a custard pie has just been given six weeks in gaol.

Osborne is on telly just now, claiming, "We've already answered all these questions."

Yes but try answering with a little honesty this time.

In possibly the least surprising news ever:
Met officers cleared over hacking misconduct

The Independent Police Complaints Commission said Sir Paul Stephenson had not committed any criminal acts.

An independent inquiry will examine claims former assistant commissioner John Yates secured a job for a News of the World executive's daughter.

Three senior officers resigned from their posts in the wake of the scandal.

The IPCC report also cleared former Assistant Commissioners John Yates, and Andy Hayman, and the former Deputy Assistant Commissioner Peter Clarke of misconduct over phone hacking.

Sir Paul resigned in July following criticism for hiring former News of the World executive Neil Wallis - who has been questioned by police investigating hacking - as an adviser.

No one saw that coming, eh? :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14559802

Sir Paul was referred to the IPCC because of his responsibility for the alleged failings of John Yates, but the report said the fact one of his officers may have carried out a poor investigation did not constitute a misconduct offence.
so being an incompetent boob is no reason to go to jail?

that's the bush defense :rolleyes:

maybe the person who hired the boob should go to jail?

Phone hacking: Police probe suspected deletion of emails by NI executive

Police are investigating evidence that a News International executive may have deleted millions of emails from an internal archive in an apparent attempt to obstruct Scotland Yard's inquiry into the phone-hacking scandal.

At the heart of the affair is a data company, Essential Computing, based near Bristol. Staff there have been interviewed by Operation Weeting. One source speculated that this company had compelled NI to admit that the archive existed.

The Guardian understands that Essential Computing has co-operated with police and provided evidence about an alleged attempt by the NI executive to destroy part of the archive while they were working with it. This is said to have happened after the executive discovered that the company retained material of which NI was unaware.

The alleged deletion has caused tension between NI and Scotland Yard, who are also angry over leaks. When it handed over evidence of journalists' involvement in bribing officers, it wanted to make an announcement, claiming credit for its assistance to police. NI was warned that this would interfere with inquiries and finally agreed to keep the entire matter confidential until early August, to allow police to make arrests. In the event, a series of leaks this week has led Scotland Yard to conclude that NI breached the deal.

how the scum press tortured this woman and her children

frankly, if it was me i would have shot anyone of the "press" who came onto my property. shot them fu*king dead

but that's just me :D

And it was "hard to say how I angry I was" at finding that a journalist had managed to slip a note into her 5-year-old daughter's school bag, she said.
see that? if it was me I'd hunt down that 'journalist' and hack them into little tiny pieces........little itty bitty pieces

J.K. knows a thing or two about the press. I remember reading the Harry Potter series to my daughter and how well she captured the politics that was going on at the time and how she characterized the press. I can understand why the (religious) right wing demonized her books - they didn't want their kids reading about the mechanisms of coups - or about standing up to them.

I'm currently reading the series to my son.

On a lighter note :)
James has quit some newspaper boards.

i am disgusted with myself for reveling in the misfortunes of another man, and yet; here i am doing just that... heh heh... wonder if this will be the next great reality show....

Back