Murdoch's news-tainment machine is soulless & evil

redrumloa

Reaction score
However, if Fox ever did dump its token "liberals" (you know, the dumb funny looking guys they hire to be foils to their heroic "conservative" guys) then they would have even more difficulty looking "fair and balanced" so those liberals are there for the same sort of reasons that gay men go to parties with hot women. On Fox, the "liberals" are the "beard".

Even if true it is still better than MSNBC who does not even try to appear balanced.

Robert

Reaction score
Both Murdochs, junior and senior, are on TV now, being interviewed by the select committee.

Dammy

Reaction score
Of course they are Conservative. They make tens of millions of dollars a year in salary - just like the average Joe. That's why they can relate to your pain so well.

Sweet, class envy served up as red meat. I will point out to you that the vast majority of Forbes 400 Americans list are Democrats. I haven't been able to verify it, but it's been said to be hanging around 80%. It's that super elite that want to destroy the US middle class, so they can seize their assets like houses, cars, etc.

However, if Fox ever did dump its token "liberals" (you know, the dumb funny looking guys they hire to be foils to their heroic "conservative" guys) then they would have even more difficulty looking "fair and balanced" so those liberals are there for the same sort of reasons that gay men go to parties with hot women. On Fox, the "liberals" are the "beard".

I'm talking Sheppard Smith and Chris Wallace to name a couple and that hasn't touched the contributors like Juan Williams. I know, it's awful that the conservatives have a station that is right of center to listen to when they should be listen to the left's propaganda on all the other stations. TV media is slowly fading as more and more of us are going to the net for news. The left's strangle hold on information is slipping day by day as we tune out and turn off the boob tube.

Robert

Reaction score
The left's strangle hold on information is slipping......

8780257.jpg

Robert

Reaction score
Someone just slapped a plate of shaving foam in Murdoch senior's face - committee adjourned.

Too funny.

Dammy

Reaction score
Never mind, just continue to watch your far left news channels and be in your happy place. They like it that way.

Glaucus

Reaction score
Sweet, class envy served up as red meat. I will point out to you that the vast majority of Forbes 400 Americans list are Democrats. I haven't been able to verify it, but it's been said to be hanging around 80%. It's that super elite that want to destroy the US middle class, so they can seize their assets like houses, cars, etc.
Says who? And oh yes, if you're basing that strictly by Forbes 400 Americans who have contributed to a Democrat candidate, well that doesn't count as they typically contribute to both Democrat & Republicans - that way they cover all bases.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Even if true it is still better than MSNBC who does not even try to appear balanced.
The sure sign that you are being lied to is when someone tells you they are fair and balanced. I laughed the first time I heard that on Fox but it seems that there are an enormous number of gullible people so Rupert Murdoch knows what P.T.Barnum knows and that makes them both smarter than me because I continue to refuse to believe that people are that stupid and yet, it turns out, they are. I still believe that people are smarter than that even though all the evidence is against me - I guess I'm just hopelessly optimistic.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Never mind, just continue to watch your far left news channels and be in your happy place. They like it that way.
You mean the ones that are owned by huge corporations with right wing ideologies?

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Sweet, class envy served up as red meat.
Didn't know that you made 20 million a year like Bill O. Sorry to sound like I was down on your class.

I'm talking Sheppard Smith and Chris Wallace to name a couple and that hasn't touched the contributors like Juan Williams

Good, I was gonna ask you to name names, but I was also going to ask you to tell me what makes these people
lefties - not what caused them to be but the qualities they have that lead you to know they are left.

the_leander

Reaction score
Good, I was gonna ask you to name names, but I was also going to ask you to tell me what makes these people
lefties - not what caused them to be but the qualities they have that lead you to know they are left.

Anyone who isn't to the right of Reagan and Thatcher, basically. At least if his moobunny postings are anything to go by.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Seems that Israel is starting to worry about losing one of their most influential apologists.

Imagine if Murdoch can't chose people's governments for them anymore. Can Israel trust people to chose their own governments?

Actually, the power of Murdoch isn't really so absolute, he completely failed to get Rudy Giuliani anywhere near the White House - but he is VERY influential - he likes to make sure his outlets follow his own political leanings (right wing) NYT - may require login

“He influences the political coverage, as directly as you can possibly get at The Post, but also with other newspapers,” said Michael Wolff, a writer who was given access to Mr. Murdoch, for a book to be published on Dec. 1. “He’s on the phone with them all the time, telling them what they should do. It is the job of those newspapers to imagine or divine or intuit what he wants.”
[...]
“Rupert’s too busy to direct coverage,” he said. “He puts someone like Col Allan in charge and trusts that Col Allan’s views will be largely in sync with his own.”

Murdoch used to have the power to get politicians to come to him no matter how reluctantly though it didn't always go the way he would like - sometimes he had to make compromises.

Question. After all this negative media attention, will any self preserving politician want to risk meeting with Murdoch now?

Robert

Reaction score

I hope they're right to worry but I remain sceptical as to how much lasting difference any of this will actually make.

Imagine if Murdoch can't chose people's governments for them anymore. Can Israel trust people to chose their own governments?

Actually, the power of Murdoch isn't really so absolute,

Which speaks a little to the way I see it. Extremely powerful and influential but not "The World Is Not Enough," style, globe-controlling, villainous genius he's sometimes painted as.

Question. After all this negative media attention, will any self preserving politician want to risk meeting with Murdoch now?

Probably not but that will leave a vacuum of sorts.

Robert

Reaction score
It now transpires that, at the very same time that our Rupert was apologising in person to the family of the murdered school girl, his company was continuing to pay the legal fees of the man who intercepted her voicemail.

Charming.

cecilia

Reaction score
James Murdoch contradicted by his ex-legal manager
tee hee
James Murdoch's former legal adviser and a former editor contested the testimony he gave to British lawmakers, saying Thursday he was told years ago about an email that suggested the rot at his Sunday tabloid was far more widespread than previously claimed.

Their statement could deal a blow to the credibility of Rupert Murdoch's son as the family struggles to limit the damage from a phone-hacking scandal that has already cost the media empire one of its British tabloids, two top executives and a billion-dollar bid for control of a satellite broadcaster.

Robert

Reaction score
Oh look here, Obama is NewsCorp's number one recipient after all: http://thehill.com/blogs/hillicon-v...rt-obama-top-recipient-of-news-corp-donations

I'm not sure what your point is.

Looks a bit like: both parties in your two-party system are bought and paid for by the Murdoch family's right-wing propaganda machine but Obama's party cost a little more so it's all his fault?

All it shows me is that the idea that Obama is some kind of liberal-leftie is even more absurd than previously thought.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
Keith Olbermann on Murdoch including the revealation that senior Scotland Yard officers tried to get the Guardian newspaper to shut up about the hacking. Murdoch's propaganda organ had thoroughly corrupted the police.