Murdoch's news-tainment machine is soulless & evil

article-2142979-0D05C3F900000578-44_634x455.jpg

Perjury carries a maximum life sentence in Scotland although a spokesman for the justice department yesterday said three years was a more typical tariff.
WOW!

He also claimed: ‘I don’t accept there was a culture of phone hacking at the News of the World.’
:lol: YEAH, SURE

this was a great time to listen to beautiful people by marilyn manson again... anxiously awaiting the next big perp walk...

Just as we all knew really, but good of John to come clean on that.
It's not a surprise at all since all "news" outlets have their political agendas but it used to be that "the people" demanded that no news organization became so big that it could dictate policy. Murdoch's Fox News is also clearly politically partisan (and anyone who believes a con man just because he tells you he's telling the truth - fair and balanced - ios an idiot).

It's good to see Rupert being dismantled, but he isn't the only one. The news business (and the entertainment business in general) needs to be chopped up into little bits so that no one persons opinion overwhelms the discourse.

Just as we all knew really, but good of John to come clean on that.
It's not a surprise at all since all "news" outlets have their political agendas but it used to be that "the people" demanded that no news organization became so big that it could dictate policy. Murdoch's Fox News is also clearly politically partisan (and anyone who believes a con man just because he tells you he's telling the truth - fair and balanced - ios an idiot).

It's good to see Rupert being dismantled, but he isn't the only one. The news business (and the entertainment business in general) needs to be chopped up into little bits so that no one persons opinion overwhelms the discourse.

yeah... but do you notice how much any of the media is actually devoting even two minutes to this problem?... i hear no one... not even the journalists on comedy central talk about it any more....:(

yeah... but do you notice how much any of the media is actually devoting even two minutes to this problem?... i hear no one... not even the journalists on comedy central talk about it any more....:(
Well, you can't really expect them to rat themselves out.

I dunno, I fear it's all symbolic and such, :(
I know what you mean and I'd love to know what's going on behind the scenes. Rupert isn't the kind of person to roll over - but then again he is getting on and I'm sure this has been very stressful for him - maybe he really is taking a step back.
but the other side of the coin is that we don't really know who is the other side of the war. It's not likely to be just "the people". There will be other nasty people who are working this for their own advantage and they may be worse than Rupert was. The company is getting split but those parts will still be massive "news" machines and we don't know how much of a hand Rupert will keep even if it's "informal".

its the devil you know versus the other one you know

The revolution won’t be televised and, if the Koch brothers have their way, it won’t even make it into print.
According to a new report by Media Matters For America, the Koch brothers have entered the local news market via the purchase and control of state news Web sites. They are doing this through a front called the Franklin Center for Government and Public Integrity, a multimillion-dollar organization whose Websites and affiliates provide free statehouse reporting to local newspapers and other media across the country.
The organization is funded by major conservative donors with deep ties to groups affiliated with the Koch brothers and brags about its ability to fill the void created by state newsroom layoffs. Of course, their presence alone raises a number of warnings for any citizen concerned with accurate and reliable reporting free from political slant.
MMFA examines the role the group played in the defeat in Idaho of a normally non-controversial measure that would have barred children under 18 from commercial tanning beds. According to the report, the Franklin Center’s IdahoReporter.com posted no less than six stories critical of the legislation, already in place in 38 other states.
The IdahoReporter.com failed to qualify for membership into the Capitol Correspondents Association, a professional organization for non-biased news reporting. “I think it’s viewed as something other than a regular news organization,” said Betsy Russell, president of the Capitol Correspondents Association of Idaho and a statehouse reporter for the Spokesman-Review of neighboring Spokane, Wash.”They report on their own organization’s activities and they reveal it, they give more play to stuff their organization is pushing.”

Church of England shuns News Corp. over phone hacking

Tuesday, the Church of England announced that it had sold its holdings in Rupert Murdoch's media conglomerate, News Corp., "on the advice of the Church's Ethical Investment Advisory Group."
not sure why it took them this long to figure out that the scum murdoch is UNethical.
and that if you wallow with pigs you end up covered in sh*t

Back