Another mass shooting

One? There were 11 mass shootings in the US to celebrate independence day. And if you extend it to include shootings with fewer than 4 victims it's an absurd number. 220 people were killed by gun violence on 4th July. 315 mass shooting so far this year - almost two per day.
But hey, one of the lunatics responsible *might* have been motivated by Antifa so we can all get angry about that and ignore the real issues. :confused:

But hey, one of the lunatics responsible *might* have been motivated by Antifa so we can all get angry about that and ignore the real issues. :confused:

You are correct in one way, people ignore the real issues. Every time I point out one the real causes, people clam up or attack. Even here in this thread people get upset if I bring up the root causes.

BTW Chicago has some of the strictest gun control measures in the country.

crimo seems to follow the usual pattern

The most recent video included concerning language and imagery that appeared to involve classrooms and stick-art depictions of people being shot. Another clip seemed to be a music video for a rap song, which ended in Crimo wearing protective gear and handling bullets in what appeared to be a classroom.

You are correct in one way, people ignore the real issues.
The majority of the country continuously ignore the real issue, year after year, decade after decade.

This old Onion headline is even more relevant now than when it was first published, eight years ago.

41b2e860-3979-41f4-acc9-38b10e896d3a-screen-shot-2017-10-02-at-64052-pm.png

The majority of the country continuously ignore the real issue, year after year, decade after decade.

Mass shootings, like suicides, are contageous.
The US is one of the most "third world" first world countries in terms of wealth distribution.
Social media is breaking kids minds.

The guns have always been there but things are getting worse. Find and fix those things. If a teenager is cutting, taking away the knife doesn't cure them. The underlying condition will present itself again in another way.

If a teenager is cutting, taking away the knife doesn't cure them. The underlying condition will present itself again in another way.
Of course it will. And having easy access to guns makes it more likely to present itself in a more tragic way.

The US is one of the most "third world" first world countries in terms of wealth distribution.

The guns have always been there but things are getting worse. Find and fix those things. If a teenager is cutting, taking away the knife doesn't cure them. The underlying condition will present itself again in another way.
it's been reported that this kid tried to kill his family AND kill himself around 2019.
He had a large knife collection (or a dozen, I believe) which were removed after the suicide attempt.

MY QUESTION: why did this NOT raise a red flag when he later went to buy several guns??????

Why did he not get therapy at LEAST??? There's such a f*cking obsession with guns by these idiot amosexulas that there's NO energy left to have reasonable and common sense policies which address the real problems.

MY QUESTION: why did this NOT raise a red flag when he later went to buy several guns??????
Exactly. Why did it not raise a red flag PERIOD?
Because "easy solution" is take away the knives. Problem solved, right?

Way back in the day I tried to write a book but only got a few chapters in. It was a bit odd and I never could quite understand what it was trying to say. One of the scenes that occurred, and I don't recall the context, was a trial of a violent offender which concluded with the judge finding that society was at fault and society was therefore punish to the sentence of having the violent offender released back into society. I'm sure I thought it was some sort of biting satire but sometimes I'm not sure it isn't justice. Would we be so wasteful if we didn't have a civil service that takes away our refuse and broken things so we don't have to live with them? Would we be a bit more social if we didn't have a civil service that takes away our broken human beings?

What do most of these young mass shooters have in common? The huge glaring warning signs were ignored, seemingly purposely, and they "legally" obtained their weapons meaning at best background checks are a joke, at worst disqualification was also purposely ignored.
The push is for repealing the 2nd amendment, not fixing laws in place or addressing mental health. New laws make no sense when you aren't enforcing laws on the book.

t's been reported that this kid tried to kill his family AND kill himself around 2019.
He had a large knife collection (or a dozen, I believe) which were removed after the suicide attempt.

Ding ding ding ding. You are asking the right questions.

Hacks like TYT and the Liberal Media are still trying to claim they are MAGA Trumpers.

291912498_717014236270237_3801199711893775258_n.jpg

What do most of these young mass shooters have in common?
According to your previous post, 99% have being black, muslim or democrat in common.
I can go one better and this is factual rather than exaggerated opinion rooted in hopeless prejudice; 100% of them have easy access to guns in common.
The huge glaring warning signs were ignored, seemingly purposely, and they "legally" obtained their weapons meaning at best background checks are a joke, at worst disqualification was also purposely ignored.
Well, yes, this has always been and continues to be an issue but very little of any substance is ever proposed to deal with it.
Meanwhile, there are people proposing more guns and arming teachers as a solution.
Also meanwhile, there was another mass shooting in your country yesterday, and there will probably be at least one today.

According to your previous post, 99% have being black, muslim or democrat in common.
That was your statement conflated with mine. Take out black or Muslims, that rarely matters. It's only pointed out when the Liberal Media lies, which granted is their MO. My statements over the years is specifically about Democrats. Is 99% high? If you consider affiliation unknown, sure maybe. It would still be around 9/10. For it to be a card carrying Republican is exceedingly rare, like finding a Dodo bird out in the wild. The media lies and the NPCs repeat the talking points, I just point out the lies.

Well, yes, this has always been and continues to be an issue but very little of any substance is ever proposed to deal with it.

That's because there is very little desire to deal with it. As a matter of fact I am happy to see so many non-politicians starting admit this. I think the Parkland incident opened many people's eyes. Even the vast majority of normies looked at that incident with a raised eyebrow and a furled nose.

Meanwhile, there are people proposing more guns and arming teachers as a solution.

When all levels of Federal, state, local government and law enforcement stand down and allow such tragic events to happen, teachers are the last line of defense. I'm not a huge fan of arming teachers because they are a part of the problem, but I get the thought process behind it.

Also meanwhile, there was another mass shooting in your country yesterday, and there will probably be at least one today.

It seems quite a lot of people are coming around to the fact that existing laws on the book are not being enforced and that law enforcement are being told to stand down for long periods when these incidents occur, especially in schools. Hopefully these people take the next logical step and question WHY that is happening. I'm all for enforcing laws on the books and actually using existing background check process to deny access to people with obvious glaring red flags.

Doesn't quite meet the criteria for Mass Shooting but one 9 year old girl killed and 2 other injuries is pretty unusual in the UK:

Liverpool shooting: Girl, 9, shot dead and two injured

A man was reported to have fired a gun in a house on Kingsheath Avenue in Dovecot at 22:00 BST on Monday.
The girl was shot in the chest and died in hospital, while a man also suffered gunshot wounds to his body and a woman was shot in the hand.

Doesn't quite meet the criteria for Mass Shooting but one 9 year old girl killed and 2 other injuries is pretty unusual in the UK:

Liverpool shooting: Girl, 9, shot dead and two injured

A man was reported to have fired a gun in a house on Kingsheath Avenue in Dovecot at 22:00 BST on Monday.
The girl was shot in the chest and died in hospital, while a man also suffered gunshot wounds to his body and a woman was shot in the hand.
The police are clearly not investigating enough transphobic tweets. Then again, the problem may be too big. If even having the Merseyside Police police cars painted with rainbows can't stop it I don't know what more can be done!

Reactions: adz

Deadly gun attack at Russian school

A gunman has opened fire at a school in central Russia, killing at least 13 people and injuring others, Russian officials say.
Victims include seven children at the school of about 1,000 pupils in the city of Izhevsk.
The gunman has reportedly killed himself and the motive is unclear. Emergency officials are at the scene.

Doesn't quite qualify as a mass shooting but it's certainly a bizarre one. Luckily, no one was killed:

Florida dads shoot each other's daughters in terrifying road rage incident

William Hale (35), who drove a black Dodge Ram pickup, and Frank Allison (43), who drove a gray Nissan Murano, allegedly got into what one caller described as a "cat and mouse game."

Leeper said both drivers were "speeding" and "driving erratically" while constantly break-checking each other.

Hale, at one point, pulled up next to Allison, whose wife gave him the finger. A water bottle from Hale's vehicle was thrown back in response.

Allison then began firing shots from a handgun, hitting Hale's five-year-old daughter in the leg. Hale shot back with his own handgun, hitting Allison's 14-year-old daughter in the back, leaving her with a collapsed lung.

"Thankfully no one was killed in this incident, but it could have been easily turned out that way, because two people were acting stupid and let their tempers get the best of them," Leeper explained.

"It could have been two dead kids because of two stupid grown men," he added.

Back