Trump

Yay!
You've inadvertently stumbled on my point.
Well done.

Oh, and feel free to create that thread if you really want to talk about her.
I might even join in. ;)

Your point is:
you want to listen to a boxing match where only the punches and movements of the red fighter are described, never what counter punches and movements the blue fighter makes in response to the red fighter

Your point is:
you want to listen to a boxing match where only the punches and movements of the red fighter are described, never what counter punches and movements the blue fighter makes in response to the red fighter

No, no, no, good grief, NO!

My point is threefold:
1. This thread is about Trumps attributes.
2. Every single active member of this website agrees (as far as I can tell) that Hillary Clinton is a scumbag.
3. Therefore, using Hillary Clinton as a counter to anyone on this thread who criticises Trump is a pointless and intellectually bankrupt straw man.

Keep telling me bucket of sick A tastes much nicer than bucket of sick B if you really feel the need but it's still a bucket of sick.

EDIT:
Or, to put it another way, if you want to convince me that Trump actually has some merit, pointing out things he does better than Clinton is absolutely not the way to go about it. If the only means of explaining his merit is by comparing it to hers, then it means nothing to me and is not worthy of merit.

Last edited:
No, no, no, good grief, NO!

My point is threefold:
1. This thread is about Trumps attributes.
2. Every single active member of this website agrees (as far as I can tell) that Hillary Clinton is a scumbag.
3. Therefore, using Hillary Clinton as a counter to anyone on this thread who criticises Trump is a pointless and intellectually bankrupt straw man.

Keep telling me bucket of sick A tastes much nicer than bucket of sick B if you really feel the need but it's still a bucket of sick.

EDIT:
Or, to put it another way, if you want to convince me that Trump actually has some merit, pointing out things he does better than Clinton is absolutely not the way to go about it. If the only means of explaining his merit is by comparing it to hers, then it means nothing to me and is not worthy of merit.

My posts have been what Trump's verbal punches and counter punches have been, and what verbal punches and Counter Punches Clinton has been making

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, merely describing the fight

To the public who will decide the election, policy "facts" are irrelevant any way, "facts" are just confirmation bias to reinforce your opinion

Donald Trump is the Republican nominee. He got here by ignoring "facts", according to fact-checkers. Nor has he offered the "policy details" that pundits and voters alike say they want. Truth is useless for persuasion whenever emotions are involved. Politics is all emotional. In politics, "facts" are generally irrelevant. Facts do come in handy while performing the boring work of governing. But during an election, facts are just background noise.

Trump has saved his time and money by ignoring the stuff that doesn’t matter ("facts") while putting all of his energy into the emotional words that persuade. And it is working.

Clinton started the campaign talking about her mastery of policy details, her experience, and her gender. Trump took her so-called “woman card” and turned it into a liability. So Clinton pivoted. She is now trying to brand Trump as scary, dark, dangerous, e.g. Hitler, but EVERY Republican candidate since 1945 has been branded Hitler, Trump is immune to the Hitler tag

My posts have been what Trump's verbal punches and counter punches have been, and what verbal punches and Counter Punches Clinton has been making

I think we're coming at this from cross purposes.
As I've already said on here before, if I *had* to choose between Clinton and Trump, I'd probably go for Trump.

I think we're coming at this from cross purposes.
As I've already said on here before, if I *had* to choose between Clinton and Trump, I'd probably go for Trump.

That's where I started off with. I soured on Gary Johnson so figured I'd pinch my nose and vote for Trump. That was just a few weeks back. Since then I have been paying closer attention to him and I am warming up to him.

I also do really love that he is a trump is a major kick to the groin to all of the establishment, left, right and media. In this aspect him being a blowhard has turned into a huge positive IMO. For too long Republican candidates had to pander and stay politically correct. They didn't even have to display "wrong thought", only some specific fictional "code word" like suggesting Obama was angry about something (racist to suggest a black person could be angry). Trump didn't back down, he doubled down, triple down, and kept going. He won doing the nomination doing this and the establishment are all besides themselves. Even today his relationship with the RNC is tenuous at best. Not business as usual.

Do you have any specific policy issues with what he has stated? It seems you just hate him because he is a blowhard?

Do you have any specific policy issues with what he has stated? It seems you just hate him because he is a blowhard?

I'm not sure hate is the correct word but I certainly have a very strong dislike for him and I cringe almost every time I hear him speak.
This has been the case for many, many years, long before he started his political campaign.
He's been in Scotland quite a lot over the last decade or so and never fails to make a complete cock of himself (at least he would if he was capable of embarrassment but he seems to be immune to that).
Look at my first post in this thread for an example of the ignorant shite he still talks.
And there are examples on pretty much every issue from religion to foreign policy but I'm sure you'll have seen and heard plenty of them already.

Bottom line, if people feel they have to vote for Trump as it's the only way to prevent Clinton, fair enough. I can understand, respect and even sympathise with that.
On the other hand, when people start trying to tell me that this long-standing, lying, hypocritical arsehole of a man is suddenly one of the good guys, I'm afraid that's just beyond ludicrous.

@Robert
Fair enough. If you told me a few months back I'd be voting for Trump, I'd tell you that you were out of your mind. When I say I am warming up, there is a long way to warm up from absolute zero. Hillary is absolute zero, Trump was slightly above, and warming somewhat. Gary Johnson has been rapidly cooling, below Trump. There are no more options.

I'm over here dying of thirst and Trump has thrown me some Koolaid. I'll drink the Koolaid hoping he isn't the next Jim Jones.

What exactly is the risk of a Trump presidency??

Trump does talk tough. He talks of deporting illegals from the country. He talks of waterboarding. He talks of bombing the hell out of ISIS. He talks about going after the families of terrorists. But Trump also openly talks about the value of hyperbole ( more commonly known as bullshit ). He wrote about it in The Art of the Deal – that he always sets the table for negotiating by making a big opening offer.

Some worry about Trump offending world leaders and triggering wars. Like Reagan, a President Trump would talk tough – for effect – but he is likable in person, and he has a strong bias to avoid any problems that are bad for business.

Trump’s racism exists solely in the minds of his opponents. He has proposed no racist policies and he has no racist acts in his past.Trump opposes illegal immigration. But he loves legal Americans of every color and flavor. He says so often. That’s not racism.

If you think the country is heading in the right direction, you probably don’t want someone like Trump as president. Trump is much more likely to shake up the status quo than Clinton. So if you think the government is broken, you might want some Trump anti-establishment chaos

Not well produced, but otherwise worth watching by everyone.

It really makes the case for Trump, by simply showing his own words over the decades. This is the real words of the real Trump, not the reality show blowhard most people associate with him. We all, myself included, have to remember reality shows are not real. This is real.

I don't see Trump dropping out. He's rich enough not to suddenly decide to "commit suicide" out of the blue, ala Vince Foster and so many other Clinton foes.

The premise of the first article is false anyhow. While I agree Trump finally got played by the DNC for once, instead of the other way around, Khizr and Ghazala Khan are not who the Democrats paraded them out to be. Once you come out on a national stage to support a specific political candidate while attacking the challenger, you are open to scrutiny. Their son died a hero, that does not make them heroes by default.

What The Media Is Not Telling You About The Muslim Who Attacked Donald Trump: He Is A Muslim Brotherhood Agent Who Wants To Advance Sharia Law And Bring Muslims Into The United States

The DNC won some points initially with this game, but anyone peeling back the skin of the onion...

after drumpf joyfully accepted a (copy) of a Purple Heart, a real soldier decided he had to react

CNN has now dispatched 50 reporters to find the guys mother, and find out if she is in fact "voting for Trump"

:lol:

CpsvQWwVYAA0jYt.jpg:large

Back