Trump

Don't vote for Clinton.
Don't vote for Trump.
They are both contemptible scumbags.
Don't vote for either of them.

I've tried that in every election since 1992 except one. In 2012 I voted for Gary Johnson and he turned out to be as big a fraud as any other politician. Trump is a blowhard who may or may not be a fraud. We have indisputable proof that Hillary is not just a fraud, but the biggest crook to ever run for public office. Don't believe that statement? Go research what the Clintons did to the Haitian people after the 2010 Earthquake. Bill and Hillary are two of the most despicable human beings in US history.

Last edited:
I've tried that in every election since 1992 except one.

Good on you. :thumbs up:

I'd heartily encourage you to keep it up. It may be futile but at least you won't have "I can't believe I voted for this arsehole" nagging your conscience for the next eight years (guaranteed if you pick one these two reprobates). ;)

Why do you give Trump the benefit of the doubt? Are your hardened feelings about Clinton guiding how you perceive Trump?

I'm sure that is part of it... I simply can't vote for Hillary. I flat out can't vote for someone who I honestly believe should (and would) be arrested for her mishandling of official documents.

But more of my intrigue with Trump is that he is also the enemy of my enemy. There is absolutely no doubt that the establishment doesn't want him. Now, that doesn't necessarily make him my friend, either. But I think it at least warrants a much closer look at him. In addition, while he does spout his mouth a lot, and is an asshole... He has a proven track record of successfully navigating complex deals and negotiations. That is one of the few things a President does have a lot of influence over. And something we've been sorely lacking in the past few presidents.

There are people who have analyzed his public statements. If you look up Trump on the fairly balanced Politifact.com website and compare his record with previous Republican presidential candidates McCain and Romney, there is a very stark difference Trump and his predecessors. His percentage of true or mostly true statements is abysmal.

Agreed. And that is a big warning sign. But then again, if I'm buying a new car, how many truths do I tell the dealer? If it's not in my best interest to tell the truth, and there is little to no blowback for not telling the truth... Why would I? The question then becomes "Why is it not in Trump's best interest to tell more truths? What is he really trying to accomplish?" I don't know that, yet.

Do you trust a leader that is constantly making untruthful statements? There are really only two explanations for it: He is either lying all the time or he literally just does not know any better. Would you personally be comfortable handing a person like this the nuclear codes?

Honestly? I'd trust him with the codes more than Hillary. At least he shouldn't write them down on a post-it note and then forget where it is. Yeah, he's a blowhard, and he's got lots of bluster. What good is a nuclear weapon if your adversaries aren't at least a little scared you'd use it? You gotta sell a bluff now and then. As far as I can tell, he's nothing but bluffs, though. Also, a warning sign.

This is not a binary affair. You can be great at deceiving a sizable amount of people yet be a complete idiot about almost every thing else. Generally, even the people who despise Trump, acknowledge that he is great at winning over people.

True... But like it, or not, he's also accomplished a lot. He was born into money, but blew it all, came back and made more, blew that, made more, became a reality TV star, and deftly won the GOP nomination. None of those things are easy. Now, some will say he did it by deception and dumb luck... Maybe he did. I have my doubts that it was only those two things.

The two most successful American music artists appear to be Rihanna and Mariah Carey. Millions of Americans are following their every word on social media. Tens of thousands of people regularly fill entire stadiums to see them live. Clearly, they are able to draw huge crowds. Does this make them qualified to run a country such as the United States of America?

As far as I know, they're not running until at least 2020. We'll see by then.

I think it is healthy to remember that, especially in the US, it requires a vastly different set of skills to be elected into office than what is needed to effectively govern. It happens rarely that politicans are equally good at both.

True. The biggest concern I have with Trump is his reportedly incredibly short attention span. He likes to shoot from the hip and then work from there. It has cost him multiple times. And it could potentially cost all of us on a world stage.

I'm not saying Trump is all good. There is a lot of bad. I'm just not ready to dismiss him, yet, either. There is at least some potential for good there.

Do you trust a leader that is constantly making untruthful statements? There are really only two explanations for it: He is either lying all the time or he literally just does not know any better. Would you personally be comfortable handing a person like this the nuclear codes?

You say this about Trump, but has there ever been a bigger offender than Hillary when it comes to lying? The email scandal and her repeated lies (including lying to Congress) would have put anyone else in the country in prison. That's just one example. Hillary will say anything to get elected. If her lips are moving, she is lying.

And the presidential election battle of the news cycle:
Day 3 of the DNC vs Donald Trump

And the Winner is

they took the bait, hook, line, & sinker

LOL

That Reddit AMA was little more than a series of bollox answers that said almost nothing.
(... and moderated by Milo Yiannopoulos? :rolleyes:)

But one example:
Americans in every party are tired of our rigged system and corrupt politicians, and want to reform our government so it no longer benefits the powerful at the expense of everyone else. They know I will fix it so it works for them and their families. Hillary Clinton's message is that things will never change. My message is that things have to change, and they have to change right now.

We have to change a foreign policy that has led us to one economic disaster after another, and an economic policy that has failed our poorest citizens. We will never fix a rigged system by relying on the people who rigged it in the first place.

I am going to return the government to the people.

Together, we will Make America Great Again.

What a lot a lot of vacuous horsefeathers.

If he was computer repair man and you asked him how he was going to fix your computer, he'd say, "I'm going to fix your computer so it's so fast, let me tell you. No one fixes computers better than me, trust me. I'll fix it so it's great again."

Still, it's mildly amusing to see huge numbers of people falling for such obviously empty pish, not to mention his numerous racist, misogynist, homophobic, sectarian and pro-genocide outbursts.

I sort of hope he wins, without really hoping for it simply because I can't bring myself to waste any 'hope' on such a horrible and apparently irredeemable cunt.

On the other hand, if he does win, he'll keep another vile bastard out and at least make the next four years interesting (in an embarrassingly cringey way).

Last edited:
My own little fantasy is that Trump wins and his acceptance speech consists entirely of him saying he only ran for president in order to prove how gullible, stupid and prejudiced the electorate are and to demonstrate that the current political system is buggered beyond hope.

That Reddit AMA was little more than a series of bollox answers that said almost nothing.
(... and moderated by Milo Yiannopoulos? :rolleyes:)

But one example:

If he was computer repair man and you asked him how he was going to fix your computer, he'd say, "I'm going to fix your computer so it's so fast, let me tell you. No one fixes computers better than me, trust me. I'll fix it so it's great again."

a good salesman always phrases it so that he can provide the service and the customer is happy with the results

Most people are not computer experts, they have computer's that are full of spyware, bloatware, adware, search bars, to the point that their computer is barely functional

So by simply removing all the crapware, the computer can be made "great again"

A campaign is a battle of psychology using words as weapons

"Crooked Hillary"
"Hillary Rotten Clinton"
“no stamina.”

words that work as accumulative confirmation bias traps

Trump is a master of persuasion

The public in general does not make a rational decision based on "policy" facts, they vote on emotion, using confirmation bias to confirm their decision

What is Hillary's sales pitch?
Identity politics
She is not campaigning on "policy" facts either

Vote for the historic "first" woman President >> Hillary has a vagina! Trump doesn't! >> you must "Vote for Hillary!"

Trump is a master of persuasion

Hahaha - I'll give you one thing, he certainly persuaded you and a few others on here.

Whether that makes him a master of said skill or not is, of course, debatable.

From where I'm sitting, he's much more a master of spouting ignorant, prejudicial, rabble-rousing bollox.

And (this is aimed at everyone, not just you) please stop using Clinton as some sort of barometer whenever I point out something about Trump.
I despise Hillary Clinton.
Claiming Trump is somehow better than her is as useful as telling me that a bucket of donkey sick tastes better than a bucket of mule sick.

Hahaha - I'll give you one thing, he certainly persuaded you and a few others on here.

From where I'm sitting, he's much more a master of spouting ignorant, prejudicial, rabble-rousing bollox.

Actually I'd point to Fluffy's OP in this thread. Trump has given just as much specifics as Hillary. The difference is? Hillary has a looooong track record of just spouting any lies to get elected.

When did you become a hawk, Robert? Since when did you believe the US should be the world's police force? Why do you think Trump's admittedly blowhard rhetoric to be prejudicial? It is the DNC dump that shows what Democrats really think of blacks, gays and Hispanics, not a Trump or RNC.

I'm actually warming up to the blowhard. For far too long Republicans bowed to political correctness and pretended to accept Democrat narratives, knowing they are lies. Republican candidates came from a position of weakness, because they were indeed week. The Democrats were the corrupt party running the show and the Republicans were either lackeys or girly men with no spine. I love seeing Trump rip a reporter a new ass when they start with some bullshit talking points for Hillary cover.

Trump does have an official platform you know. You don't really think a reddit AMA would be in deep detail would you? It's a way to connect to every day people, but it is largely a political stunt. Hillary wouldn't even bother. She's too busy hiding behind fences, the liberal media and corrupt Obama administration.

I'd also like to point out something here. You know that narrative so many here love about Goldwater and Southern Strategy, how it meant all Democrats were absolved from their history and all Republicans suddenly were no longer the party of Lincoln & civil rights and were the party of the Klan. You know, the same Barry Goldwater who failed to win the election?

Anyhow, at the time Hillary was a Goldwater Girl and Donald Trump was a Democrat. Would you rather a Goldwater Girl in the Whitehouse or someone who was a Democrat during this period? Funny how these things work out.

-Edit-
Not suggesting Robert wants Hillary specifically.

Last edited:

Hillary has now spent $50m on attack ads against Trump, Trump has spent $0 and Trump now leads in the polls

Trump’s biggest problem in this election so far is that Team Clinton has branded the Trump campaign as the racist team. Team Clinton’s strategy of racial politics has been effective.
Trump talks about other countries, illegal immigrants, and religion. He has no proposals about race. But "facts" are not important to politics. What matters is that the Clinton side – including the media – have branded Trump a "racist", and it has been sticking.

If you checked Trump's speeches you will see he uses the word "love" a lot, that's because you can't be a "racist" if you say you "love"

But recently Trump has surged to the lead in the polls? What changed?
The biggest change is that Team Clinton just became the cop-killing side, e.g. BlackLivesMatter, and they spent most of their convention reinforcing this perception

The other change is that every Muslim terrorist attack makes Trump’s proposal to temporarily ban Muslim immigration from selected countries seem more reasonable and more prescient.

This week the Wikileaks email dump on the DNC, is reinforcing the "Crooked Hillary" perception, expect no bump for Hillary after the convention, and Trump's support from independents will grow

A political campaign is a zero sum game, if its bad for one candidate, its good or for the other

Last edited:
My own little fantasy is that Trump wins and his acceptance speech consists entirely of him saying he only ran for president in order to prove how gullible, stupid and prejudiced the electorate are and to demonstrate that the current political system is buggered beyond hope.

I definitely don't think we'd ever hear that speech. But... There is a real possibility that the essence of that really is his platform. It is absolutely possible that everything he says is a bluff, and he just wants to be President just because he decided one day that he wanted to be President. It's all been a great game played by a master... But at the end, what do you get?

It is absolutely possible that everything he says is a bluff, and he just wants to be President just because he decided one day that he wanted to be President. It's all been a great game played by a master... But at the end, what do you get?

Indeed and I'm actually intrigued by that myself.
Interesting times. :D

FFS! :confused:

Can we please post all the Clinton pish in the "Clinton is an interesting candidate" thread? ;)

that doesn't exist

your choices are "Hillary for prision" and "I'm Hillary, let me tell you about my vagina"

that doesn't exist

Yay!
You've inadvertently stumbled on my point.
Well done.

Oh, and feel free to create that thread if you really want to talk about her.
I might even join in. ;)

Back