The Official War on Women Thread

i kinda thought they already had once the "bagger sect" split from the main herd...

They might well have tried, but there are too many of their candidates within the ranks now. At all levels the far right social conservatives are in place.

they arent actually tea party candidates tho, and thats the funny thing.... nobody at the real tea party was A) mad at the government but rather the corporation and B) not one of those fake indians, or their mascara was paid for by the koch brothers... but by the blood of heroes....

Missouri lawmakers override Gov. Nixon's birth control bill veto

"Birth control is not just basic, preventive health care for women, it is a pocketbook issue," Brownlie said. "Without this new birth control coverage benefit, many women will now have to continue paying $15 to $50 a month on top of their premium. When you live paycheck to paycheck, that's a lot of money."

According to the reproductive health research organization the Guttmacher Institute, nearly 700,000 women in Missouri use some form of birth control.

In urging her colleagues to support the governor's veto, state Rep. Jamilah Nasheed, a St. Louis Democrat, said anyone who opposes abortion should support making contraception more readily available to women.

"If you are pro-life, be pro-life. That's OK," Nasheed said. "But tell the truth. Contraception is not the same as abortion. In fact, contraception prevents abortion and unwanted children."

North Carolina Republicans block compensation for sterilization victims

Elaine Riddick, 58, was one of the victims. Pregnant after she was raped at age 14, Riddick was sterilized without her knowledge when she went to a North Carolina hospital to give birth to her son in 1968. Years later, she learned what had happened to her…

Deemed “promiscuous” and “feebleminded” by a social worker at the hospital, Riddick, who came from a black family on welfare, was recommended to the state for sterilization. Riddick’s illiterate grandmother was told that they were doing a “procedure” that was necessary to help the young girl; she signed the consent papers with an X. The state authorized and paid for the procedure, and without her consent or even her knowledge, Riddick was sterilized shortly after she gave birth…

that's harder to do than some people realize.

when the students at Kent State were shot most people were horrified

a sign of hope...

“The End of Men”? This is not a title; it is a sound bite. But Hanna Rosin means it. The revolution feminists have been waiting for, she says, is happening now, before our very eyes. Men are losing their grip, patriarchy is crumbling and we are reaching “the end of 200,000 years of human history and the beginning of a new era” in which women — and womanly skills and traits — are on the rise. Women around the world, she reports, are increasingly dominant in work, education, households; even in love and marriage. The stubborn fact that in most countries women remain underrepresented in the higher precincts of power and still don’t get equal pay for equal work seems to her a quaint holdover, “the last artifacts of a vanishing age rather than a permanent configuration.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/books/review/the-end-of-men-by-hanna-rosin.html

well, as one person that likes men (in general) the only thing I really care about is getting paid what a guy gets paid for the same work. Which almost never happened I'm sorry to say.

and, of course, having 100% total control over my life and body.

now, I personally have had that and at this point only want the same for all the girls and women who come after me

---

as to the article, well, there's seems to be a lot of wishful thinking going on. The fact is that all girls and women are not the same and are not superior to men or any of that crap. I went to an all girls HS. trust me, I know. Some girls are smart and some girls are dumber than a bag of bricks. And they do NOT all have the same qualities.

I am not a 'social' person. My grandmother had great mechanical skills and held all the tools in the family. I mean it was HER tool box at the bottom of the closet. She taught my brother and I how to use them. If she had lived long enough she would have LOVED my Amiga and everything I achieved with my computer assisted career. Same with my brother.

people are way more complicated than this females are good at _______ crap

look at what this dipshit governor is doing...

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/09/20/881971/new-mexico-gov-forcible-rape/

If adopted, this policy will have numerous implications. It establishes in state law a narrow definition of rape that can and will be applied in other areas of law and policy. It puts a heavy burden on women who have been raped and are now struggling economically to support a child or children to prove the mannerin which they were raped and to meet a test set up by the state to exclude many women in need of childcare assistance who would otherwise qualify.
It would force women who have left violent domestic partnerships, who were date-raped, who were impregnated as a result of incest, or through other “non-forcible” but nonetheless equally violent and denigrating means of sexual violation to first re-engage with their abusers to seek child support, putting control of their lives back into the hands of someone by whom they were violated in the most profound sense of the term.

so you want to outlaw abortion even in the case of rape, but then demand these abused women should make it on their own, or allow the government to torture them for benefits/ assistance... jerks!!

http://alongsideaborder.blogspot.com/

02+dump.jpg

really? unbelievable....

some people are fighting FOR women:

http://www.davidlynchfoundation.org/women.html#video=u9WvcO5apS0

I realize TM may sound like mumbo jumbo to many people but when people are stressed it may help to get them balanced and see things clearly.

I think that my being an artist has actually been very helpful to me because the Act of creating forces me to Concentrate and Focus. And doing this for years makes it easier for me to Get calm and relax. It may be the way I naturally meditate.

At the very least TM teaches people that they have inner resources that they can use to make their lives better

One Billion Rising: Ending the Pandemic of Violence Against Women

http://www.alternet.org/speakeasy/r...rising-ending-pandemic-violence-against-women

Every day, girls and women the world over face a broad range of assaults which, in the aggregate, inhibit equality everywhere. In the United States we are dealing with a legislative assault on women's rights, well documented here, that few people understand as a real and violent assault on women's physical integrity and right to bodily autonomy. More often than not, people think of the "war on women" in the United States as a politically expeditious metaphor when it is not. There is nothing abstract or metaphorical about it. That's too squeam-inducing for many people to consider. However, in direct and more obvious, "forcible" and "legitimately" recognized ways, women in the United States experience directly recognizable physical violence, too. Among developed nations, the United States has a higher than average rate of violence against women. This violence sits squarely in the full spectrum of violence, much more crippling and extreme, that takes place in other parts of the world. It's all of a cloth.

Back