The Official War on Women Thread

So Where DID Akin Get That ‘Legitimate Rape’ Idea?
According to RawStory, the papers which he cited for his own article originated from the concentration camps and the sadistic medical experiments done by Nazi doctors such as Josef Mengele, Herta Oberheuser and Karl Brandt. Quoting from Dr Mecklenburg’s article, the doctors tested their hypothesis “by selecting women who were about to ovulate and sending them to the gas chambers, only to bring them back after their realistic mock-killing, to see what the effect this had on their ovulatory patterns. An extremely high percentage of these women did not ovulate.” To confirm his hypothesis, he cites the work by the most inhumane and evil of men.

Mothers Should Lie About Being Moms During Job Interviews

http://thestir.cafemom.com/big_kid/142282/mothers_should_lie_about_being
well, this is nothing new. I don't have kids but I NEVER discuss anything personal at work and certainly NEVER during an interview.
Not only have I needed to keep ALL unwanted "interest" in my personal life blocked, I want to hold on to whatever job I have. Mixing personal with work is just a bad idea. Contrary to what people think happens in 'hollywood' sleeping to the top is rare. I mean successfully getting to the top of one's career is rare. I'm sure there's sleeping around. It's just not the way I wanted to behave. (I know this will shock some people but atheists actually DO have ethics) :D

Anyway, my main point is that because I was confronted with the usual amount of sexism I learned immediately that keeping private was THE only way to keep morons focused on my value as a employee (and NOT thinking about my pants). The idea that someone would revel they are a mother seems shocking to me. It's like showing your underwear!

real-wars.jpg

The next 3 articles offered up are equally nauseating too. What I have found interesting and gladdening is the fact more and more I'm seeing moderate Republicans speaking out against this crap.

Perhaps the tide is turning? Or maybe the Republican party is going to become two parties, because as far as I can tell, they are un-electable at the moment. I imagine that a de-looned gop would make for a very tempting proposition to conservatives who currently are sticking with the democrats.

The next 3 articles offered up are equally nauseating too. What I have found interesting and gladdening is the fact more and more I'm seeing moderate Republicans speaking out against this crap.

Perhaps the tide is turning? Or maybe the Republican party is going to become two parties, because as far as I can tell, they are un-electable at the moment. I imagine that a de-looned gop would make for a very tempting proposition to conservatives who currently are sticking with the democrats.
G+ and fb are ON FIRE with this topic. There are simply too many images, articles and comments to bring here. This may, in fact, be THE issue that kills this version of the vile gop.

I can wish that an Eisenhower/Bill Buckley or some other reasonable person steps up but I don't know where they exist

I'm posting the link to this blog because I want men to read what it's like for a specific women to experience this. Now, I personally have Never been interesting in having children.
But this woman's experience should not be devalued. no matter what anyone wants, thinks or feels about the topic. It's not about the outcome or what anyone Thinks should happen.

My mother had two miscarriages. But the one that she talks about and is emotional about is the one before I was born. Both my mother and this women were EXPECTING a successful pregnancy. I feel that is why they talk of "babies" (dispite the reality that what really existed were fetuses). My mother had me and then my brother. Then had her last miscarriage - which is almost never mentioned and seems to be like an afterthought. My sense (knowing my mother) is that now that she had two actual, real babies to take care of this second miscarriage was just an inconvenience. I would never tell my mother that she has "silly" ideas about babies or miscarriages or even abortions. My mother owns her feelings, her body and her life and it's basically none of my business. Just like it's NONE of a man's business - especially a politician.

My Ectopic Pregnancy

http://thenewcivilrightsmovement.co...-the-law-in-arizona/politics/2012/04/13/37993

In Arizona, women are now legally pregnant two weeks before conception, according to a new law, the Orwellianly-named, “Women’s Health and Safety Act,” signed yesterday by Republican Governor Jan Brewer. The scientifically, medically, ethically, and intellectually dishonest legislation is designed to reduce the amount of time a woman is allowed to have a legal abortion, and is one of the most draconian bills to become law in America.

"I have a question for Todd Akin. If a woman can't get pregnant from "legitimate" rape,
why are there so many light-skinned Blacks walking around Alabama?"
-- comedian W. Kamau Bell on FX's Totally Biased

my brother posted this link

and the reason I add it here (even though Emmett Till was a boy of 14) is because his killers knew they could get away with it. He was not seen as a human being with rights and the "laws" allowed scum like Bryant to commit any crime against him they wanted.

THIS is what the republicans mean when they say they want to return to the America they remember

http://aupushistory.wikispaces.com/Emmett+Till+Murder

Till's mother, Mamie Bradley, requested it be sent back to Chicago. After seeing the mutilated remains, she decided to have an open-casket funeral so that all the world could see what racist murderers had done to her only son. Jet, an African American weekly magazine, published a photo of Emmett's corpse, and soon the mainstream media picked up on the story.

the only thing that makes me feel uncomfortable is idiot politicians with no education thinking they can tell people what to do

this is more like child abuse.....

Comments Removed: Prominent Priest Defended Child Sex Abusers, Later Apologizes

"People have this picture in their minds of a person planning to -- a psychopath. But that's not the case. Suppose you have a man having a nervous breakdown, and a youngster comes after him. A lot of the cases, the youngster -- 14, 16, 18 -- is the seducer," Groeschel was quoted as saying in the interview, which is no longer available on the paper's website.
not only does this creepy old man think it's ok to blame children for adults attacking them, the Politically Correct crowd feel the need to eradicate the evidence.

Father Benedict Groeschel Reflects on 25 Years of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal
Statement from Fr Benedict:

I apologize for my comments. I did not intend to blame the victim. A priest (or anyone else) who abuses a minor is always wrong and is always responsible. My mind and my way of expressing myself are not as clear as they used to be. I have spent my life trying to help others the best that I could. I deeply regret any harm I have caused to anyone.
translation:
oops! I'm getting senile and forgot the party line where I'm not supposed to reveal the real purpose that priests hang out with those cute, sexy boys

:rolleyes:

Back