The Dead Celeb thread, 2021 & 2022 edition

There were some early rumblings of the Dolphins drafting him. Obviously they went with Tua instead. Football or no football, 24 is way to young to go.

Dwayne Haskins struck by car and killed

Dwayne Haskins, a former Ohio State star quarterback who was a first-round draft pick in Washington and most recently played in Pittsburgh, has died at the age of 24.

Haskins was killed when he was hit by a car early this morning in South Florida, his agent told Adam Schefter.

At Ohio State, Haskins started just one season but instantly became one of the best players in college football, setting Big Ten records and finishing third in Heisman Trophy voting in 2018.

On the strength of that fantastic season, Washington chose Haskins with the 15th overall pick in the 2019 NFL draft. But he struggled through an up-and-down rookie season and was released during his second season in 2020.

The Steelers picked him up in 2021, and although he never got on the field for them in the regular season, they said this year that he would have an opportunity to compete for a starting job. Haskins was in Florida this week getting in offseason work with several other Steelers skill position players.

I have since found out that this happened just a few miles from my house in South Florida. For some reason he was tried crossing interstate I-595 apparently on foot when he was hit by a dump truck.

Lead singer of the iconic (well here in NL) 80s band "Doe Maar", Henny Vrienten just died

:(

SPINAL TAP Drummer RIC PARNELL Dead At 70

Parnell big break came in 1984 when he played the role of Mick Shrimpton in "This Is Spinal Tap". His character was one of a long line of unfortunate drummers who all perish from freak accidents, his own fate being spontaneous combustion.

In a 2007 interview with Missoulian, he said about how he landed the role: "The first question they asked was, 'What do you think about a movie that's going to tear your career apart?' I said, 'You should have made this movie about 10 years ago.' They then asked me what other bands I'd been in, and I said, 'Well, I was in a band called ATOMIC ROOSTER.' They looked at each other and said, 'Yep, that's it, you're our man.'"

According to Wikipedia, Parnell remained with SPINAL TAP when it became a working band, recording a soundtrack album and promoting the film with live shows and a 1984 appearance on "Saturday Night Live". The character of Mick Shrimpton having died in "This Is Spinal Tap", Parnell assumed the role of his "twin brother" drummer Ric Shrimpton for the group's appearances subsequent to the film. This continued through the band's 1992 reunion album "Break Like The Wind" and the associated concert tour. Parnell was not a part of more recent SPINAL TAP activity.

:(
Country Music Star Naomi Judd’s Cause of Death Revealed as Suicide
Judd had been a longtime advocate for mental health and wrote an open letter for Mental Health Awareness Week in 2018.

“To understand this issue better, we have to bring the study of suicide into mainstream neuroscience and treat the condition like every other brain disorder,” Judd wrote.

“People who commit suicide are experiencing problems with mood, impulse control, and aggression, all of which involve discrete circuits in the brain that regulate these aspects of human experience, but we still don’t understand how these circuits go haywire in the brains of suicide victims,” the singer added.

The country star had also reportedly opened up about her struggles with suicidal depression in her 2016 book, River of Time: My Descent into Depression and How I Emerged With Hope.

Fred Ward, Tremors and The Right Stuff Star, Dies at 79

Fred-WArd.jpg

Veteran actor Fred Ward, who co-starred with Kevin Bacon in Tremors, has passed away at 79 years old.

It's a sad day in Hollywood as veteran actor Fred Ward has died. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the Tremors franchise star passed away on Sunday with his death confirmed by his publicist. It's not clear how he passed, as the family opted not to disclose Ward's cause of death. He was 79 years old.

Bornon Dec. 30, 1942, Ward was a United States Air Force veteran who got his start in acting in the 1970s. He began with dubbing Italian films before making his big screen debut in Sissy Spacek's Ginger in the Morning in 1974. Going on to appear in TV shows of the era like Quincy, M.E. and The Incredible Hulk, Ward stood out with his role in the popular 1979 film Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood.

In 1983, Ward took on one of his more acclaimed roles as Gus Grissom in the historical drama The Right Stuff, a Best Picture nominee at the Academy Awards. Ward is also known for appearing in the 1993 film Short Cuts for which he received a Golden Globe as part of the ensemble cast. The actor also starred as the titular hero in the 1985 action movie Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. His many other film roles include Henry & June with Uma Thurman, Cast a Deadly Spell with Julianne Moore, Joe Dirt with David Spade, and Sweet Home Alabama with Reese Witherspoon. He last appeared in the HBO series True Detective in 2015.

Jim Seals, Seals & Crofts Singer Behind ‘Summer Breeze,’ Dead at 80

In the early-Seventies, nobody embodied the soft-rock boom in pop music more than Seals and musical partner Darrell “Dash” Crofts

Jim Seals, half of the soft-rock troubadours Seals and Crofts, died Monday at the age of 80. No cause of death was announced, but Seals’ cousin Brady Seals, a country singer, confirmed the singer’s death on Facebook.

“I just learned that James ‘Jimmy’ Seals has passed,” Brady Seals wrote. “My heart just breaks for his wife Ruby and their children. Please keep them in your prayers. What an incredible legacy he leaves behind.”

When the soft-rock boom hit pop music in the early Seventies, Seals and Crofts, which also included singer and mandolinist Darrell “Dash” Crofts, quickly came to embody the era. With their often exotic musical instrumentation, vaguely philosophical lyrics and wailing-wall harmonies, Seals and Crofts singles like “Summer Breeze,” “Diamond Girl” and “We Will Never Pass This Way (Again)” fit in equally with AM pop radio and the more adventurous world of FM. Both their 1972 Summer Breeze and 1975 Greatest Hits albums sold two million copies each at the time. “Summer Breeze,” featuring Seals’ lead vocal and lyrics, would also be covered by many others, including the Isley Brothers and Type O Negative.

Legendary Referee Dave Hebner Passes Away

Legendary referee and long-time WWE road agent Dave Hebner, the brother of former WWE referee Earl Hebner, has passed away.

The twitter account for Brian Hebner’s podcast, Refin It Up with Brian Hebner, shared the news in a tweet on June 17.

Dave and Earl had lengthy careers as referees, dating back to the 1970s, when they worked for promotions affiliated with the NWA. Dave went on to officiate for the WWF, and alongside Earl, he was involved in a memorable angle during the Hulk Hogan vs. Andre the Giant match on WWE Main Event in 1988. The brothers pulled some “twin magic”, as Earl counted the pin while Dave, the intended referee, had secretly been replaced in favor of his brother, who has paid by DiBiase.

Dave also refereed the classic clash between Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat and Randy Savage at WrestleMania III. He eventually transitioned into a backstage role as a road agent, and he kept working for the company through 2005. Dave also made appearances for TNA (IMPACT Wrestling).

His most memorable moment was certainly the Hulk vs Andre match on Saturday Night's Main Event in 1988 as mentioned. The full unedited clip has been scrubbed from Youtube. WWF/WWE want your cash to see anything. Best I could find is this ugly jump-cut clip below. Basically Hulk had Andre pinned, but the ref (supposedly Early Hebner) was distracted. Andre countered and pinned Hulk. The ref counted Hulk out despite Hulk's shoulder being up at 2. Andre wins the belt and "gifts" it to Million Dollar Man. As the crowd and commentators are going nuts, a clone comes out. It's insinuated that Million Dollar Man paid some stiff to get plastic surgery to screw over Hogan. In reality Earl Hebner had a twin brother Dave. It was fun to watch. Million Dollar Man only held the belt for about a week before kayfabe WWF president stated a belt could not be gifted, so it went back to Andre who quickly lost it because his health was too bad at that point.

Longtime WWE referee Tim White dead at 68

Tim White, a longtime WWE referee, died Sunday, the company announced. He was 68.

White, who spent more than 20 years with WWE, began as a part-time referee in 1985 while also serving as an assistant to Andre the Giant. He became a full-time referee with the company after Andre’s death in 1993 and worked many of WWE’s main event matches — including the famous 1998 Hell in a Cell encounter between Mankind and The Undertaker at King of the Ring.

CknRa7iUgAAhzEp (1).jpg

Back