The Dead Celeb thread, 2021 & 2022 edition

IRON BUTTERFLY Drummer RON BUSHY Dead At 79

According to TMZ, longtime IRON BUTTERFLY drummer Ron Bushy has died at the age of 79. The only member of IRON BUTTERFLY to appear on all six of the band's albums, he passed away this morning at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles after a battle with esophageal cancer.

IRON BUTTERFLY is the American psychedelic rock band best known for the 1968 hit "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida", which features a punishing heavy drum solo from Bushy at its core.

Holy crap that is sad. She was Daffney in WCW 99-2001. That "suicide note" video is sad. She was teamed up with David Flair, Ric Flair's son.

Daffney Unger, former professional wrestler, dead at 46

Gwinnett County Police in Georgia began searching for Unger on Wednesday, shortly after she broadcast herself on Instagram Live crying, talking about being “alone” and the desire to have her brain studied for chronic traumatic encephalopathy.

CTE, a degenerative neurological disease, can only be diagnosed after death.

“Remember, my brain goes to Boston,” Unger said.

Born in Germany as part of an American military family, the former World Championship Wrestling star was known for her goth-style in the ring and nickname, “Scream Queen.”

Unger made her debut with WCW in 1999 before winning the Cruiserweight title in 2000.

Willard Scott Dies, Today Show Weatherman and Original Ronald McDonald Was 87

Willard is also known for creating Ronald McDonald, the hamburger-hocking clown who serves as the McDonald's mascot. He started appearing in television ads as the character in 1963, serving as the first person to ever portray Ronald, and continued in this role over the next few years. In his book Joy of Living, Scott explains how his work on Bozo the Clown served as inspiration when McDonald's asked him to create a new Bozo-like character for the company.

"At the time, Bozo was the hottest children's show on the air," Scott wrote. "You could probably have sent Pluto the Dog or Dumbo the Elephant over and it would have been equally as successful. But I was there, and I was Bozo ... There was something about the combination of hamburgers and Bozo that was irresistible to kids ... That's why when Bozo went off the air a few years later, the local McDonald's people asked me to come up with a new character to take Bozo's place. So, I sat down and created Ronald McDonald."

Last edited:

Michael K. Williams, Star of ‘The Wire’ and ‘Boardwalk Empire,’ Found Dead at 54

Michael K. Williams arrives at the

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: adz
A legendary colossus of Scottish football and my last sporting hero. Also one of the few who managed to transcend the bitter divide in Glasgow and be respected by both sides. This is one of very few celebrity deaths that saddened me, despite never formally meeting the man.

Walter Smith: The games that defined his career as manager of Rangers, Everton & Scotland

Rangers celebrate in 1991

Walter Smith (centre) won his first trophy within weeks of becoming Rangers manager

Walter Smith, who has died aged 73, started and ended his managerial career at Rangers with his two spells sandwiching spells in charge of Everton and Scotland.

This didn't make the mainstream news, but the former manager of the metal band Death just died yesterday.

From Death FB page:

The world has lost an absolute warrior and proponent for metal and music in general. Eric was first introduced into my life as a child when he was chucks manager and friend then later on in my late twenties when we met in Philadelphia to strike up a deal with relapse records to finally give chucks legacy a proper home. All of you are enjoying chucks music on all of these wonderful platforms and releases now because of this man. Eric was average in physical stature but once he opened his mouth there was no doubt he was a giant. He was a loving father and one of the most articulate and interesting men I’ve ever had the pleasure of knowing. Please keep his mother and children in your thoughts. The art of existence is fragile indeed…..

May be an image of 1 person and playing a musical instrument

Legendary DEATH Manager ERIC GREIF Dies

Legendary DEATH manager Eric Greif — who was in charge of Perseverance Holdings Ltd. (all things related to the Intellectual Property of Chuck Schuldiner – DEATH, MANTAS and CONTROL DENIED) has passed away.

Greif also worked as an entertainment lawyer representing bands like OBITUARY, MASSACRE and ANCIIENTS, as well as with MÖTLEY CRÜE.

News of Greif‘s passing comes from Pull the Plug Patches, who closely worked with him on latest DEATH patches, backpatches and pins.

“Although he often spoke about his failing health, I always felt that he would pull through since his spirit and resolve seemed so firm,” statement from Pull the Plug Patches reads. “He was always very gracious and supportive of what we were trying to achieve with our company. In particular, he genuinely appreciated that we approached him for approval as too many times over the past 20 years people have simply helped themselves to DEATH‘s intellectual property, despite the financial difficulties that Chuck’s family faced following his passing.

In recent years he personally ran the official FB page for Death. I don't know who is doing it now he is gone. He also managed the Death tribute concert tour "Death To All" early last decade which I was happy to be able to see. RIP.

A legendary colossus of Scottish football and my last sporting hero. Also one of the few who managed to transcend the bitter divide in Glasgow and be respected by both sides. This is one of very few celebrity deaths that saddened me, despite never formally meeting the man.

Walter Smith: The games that defined his career as manager of Rangers, Everton & Scotland

Rangers celebrate in 1991

Walter Smith (centre) won his first trophy within weeks of becoming Rangers manager

Walter Smith, who has died aged 73, started and ended his managerial career at Rangers with his two spells sandwiching spells in charge of Everton and Scotland.
Funeral today.

Back