The Dead Celeb thread, 2021 & 2022 edition

A rather colourful man who led a life made for a biopic movie.
I wonder if his dead neighbour in Belize had a similar tattoo.

He also said this:
The fact that he quickly changed his mind 180° on the food and spent much of the rest of his time Tweeting about how bad it was probably won't feature in too many "suicided by the Cabal" stories. Nor that his pinned Tweet from only a week ago points out all his friends "evaporated".

Last edited:
The fact that he quickly changed his mind 180° on the food and spent much of the rest of his time Tweeting about how bad it was probably won't feature in too many "suicided by the Cabal" stories.

I didn't say I agreed that he was whacked, he almost certainly wasn't. John McAfee was a total mess in the last decade++ of his life.

His wife doesn't think he committed suicide, and Eric Weinstein, who is a pretty interesting guy himself, also unconvinced.
(This should probably be moved to its own thread.)

Maybe my distain for the man he became is clouding my perception. His widow has a pretty sketchy past too. I pissed off a certain Am*ga figurehead saying that a few years back, but it's true.

All that said, we know pretty much as fact Epstein didn't kill himself. I guess I shouldn't be so quick to dismiss it out of hand.

I don't pretend to have been a fan of the band in this era, but this is still pretty shocking and sad.

Ex-SKID ROW Singer JOHNNY SOLINGER Dead At 55

Former SKID ROW singer Johnny Solinger has died at the age of 55. His passing comes a little over a month after he announced he was suffering from liver failure.

Earlier today, SKID ROW issued the following statement via social media: "We are saddened to hear the news of our brother Johnny Solinger. Our thoughts are with his family, friends and fans. Godspeed Singo. Say hello to Scrappy for us."

Solinger, who was a member of SKID ROW from 1999 to 2015, appearing on the "Thickskin" and "Revolutions Per Minute" albums, as well as the "United World Rebellion" and "Rise Of The Damnation Army" EPs, revealed his diagnosis in a social media update on May 8. He wrote: "It is with a heavy heart I must let everyone know what's going on with me and my health. I have been hospitalized for over the last month. I have been diagnosed with liver failure. And prognosis is not so good. As with most musicians I do not have health insurance and it’s very difficult to get proper care without it.

• Sad
Reactions: adz
His wife doesn't think he committed suicide,
Relatives and spouses refusing to believe their loved ones killed themselves is hardly unheard of.

and Eric Weinstein, who is a pretty interesting guy himself, also unconvinced.
Yes, Eric certainly is interesting but other than an argument from authority fallacy I don't see how that's relevant. Nonetheless, his logic doesn't stack up for me:
I'm struggling to reconcile that "POSSIBLE MESSAGE" as being enough motive for the DEEP STATE CABAL to "suicide" an old guy with a history of mental issues, in a foreign prison, who had just suffered a crushing legal defeat meaning he was likely to be delivered into their hands shortly anyway.

Maybe they did, maybe they didn't, but is there any actual evidence other than hearsay and confirmation bias?

McAfee was a man who Tweeted he had no reason to kill himself as the food was good and he had friends.
He subsequently Tweeted about the food being disgusting and having no friends.
To my mind there's as much reason to use this as evidence he now had good reason to kill himself as there is to claim that he didn't because he said he wouldn't.
And that's before we even get to the "dead-man switch" gibberish Greenwald (another interesting guy) seems to be clinging to.

Paul Orndorff Dies: Wrestling Legend Known As “Mr. Wonderful” Who Fought In 1st WrestleMania Was 71

Paul Orndorff, aka “Mr. Wonderful,” one of the greats from the World Wrestling Federation’s 1980s heyday, has died. He was 71.

His son Travis made the announcement Monday on Instagram, where he has documented his father’s recent health struggles.

“It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of my father, Paul Parlette Orndorff Jr,” wrote the younger Orndorff. “He is better known as “Mr. #1derful” Paul Orndorff.”

Orndorff was instantly recognizable in the ring for his impressive build and blond hair, but his son said friends and family loved him for something else.

“Most of you will remember him for his physique,” he wrote. “Many will remember his intensity. But if I could only get you to understand and see his heart.”

Orndorff came up in the Southern wrestling circuit, and signed with the WWE predecessor World Wrestling Federation in late 1983, where “Rowdy” Roddy Piper became his manager. Piper nicknamed Orndorff “Mr. Wonderful,” a moniker that stuck.

Screen-Shot-2021-07-12-at-3.10.45-PM.a16a614c.jpg

I've always loved Cinderella, despite hating most "Hair Metal".

'CINDERELLA' GUITARIST JEFF LABARDEAD AT 58

Update:
12:32 PM PT -- 7/15 -- A rep for the band tells TMZ ... "Heavy hearts cannot begin to describe the feeling of losing our brother Jeff. The bond between us over decades of creating music and touring the world is something that we as a band uniquely shared."

The rep added, "Those memories with Jeff will be forever alive in our hearts. It’s unimaginable that one of our band brothers has left us. We’re sending his wife Debinique, his son Sebastian, family, and friends our deepest condolences. Jeff’s memory and music will be with us forever."
---
Legendary guitarist Jeff LaBar, famous for playing in the rock band "Cinderella," has died.

Jeff's first wife, Gaile LaBar-Bernhardt, tells TMZ ... Jeff was found dead Wednesday inside his apartment in Nashville.

We're told Jeff had gone off the grid the past few days, with friends and family unable to reach him, so his ex-wife went to go check on him ... and that's when she found him dead.

The cause of death remains unclear.

I've always loved Cinderella, despite hating most "Hair Metal".

'CINDERELLA' GUITARIST JEFF LABARDEAD AT 58

Update:
12:32 PM PT -- 7/15 -- A rep for the band tells TMZ ... "Heavy hearts cannot begin to describe the feeling of losing our brother Jeff. The bond between us over decades of creating music and touring the world is something that we as a band uniquely shared."

The rep added, "Those memories with Jeff will be forever alive in our hearts. It’s unimaginable that one of our band brothers has left us. We’re sending his wife Debinique, his son Sebastian, family, and friends our deepest condolences. Jeff’s memory and music will be with us forever."
---
Legendary guitarist Jeff LaBar, famous for playing in the rock band "Cinderella," has died.

Jeff's first wife, Gaile LaBar-Bernhardt, tells TMZ ... Jeff was found dead Wednesday inside his apartment in Nashville.

We're told Jeff had gone off the grid the past few days, with friends and family unable to reach him, so his ex-wife went to go check on him ... and that's when she found him dead.

The cause of death remains unclear.

And now their keyboardist just died :-(

Gary Corbett Dies: Touring Keyboardist With KISS & Cinderella Also Wrote Cyndi Lauper’s ‘She Bop’

Gary Corbett, a keyboardist best known for his touring work with KISS and Cinderella who also wrote the Cyndi Lauper hit “She Bop,” has died after a battle with lung cancer. No age was given, but he died just short of his birthday today.

Corbett’s death was confirmed by his sister in a Facebook post. “Those who knew Gary know that we and the world of music have all lost a very talented, funny, kind and gentle soul,” she wrote. “The pain cuts so deeply that our hearts are bleeding.”

Kansas Co-Founder Robby Steinhardt Dead At 71

Kansas founder, violinist and vocalist Robby Steinhardt has died following a brief illness, according to his family. He was 71 years old.

"Robert Eugene Steinhardt was well recognized as a founding member and original violinist and vocalist for the rock band Kansas," a statement reads. "His violin and vocals on 'Dust in the Wind,' 'Point of No Return' and 'Carry on Wayward Son' have etched Robby a solid place in rock history."

Steinhardt was a member of Kansas from its inception in 1973 until his first departure in 1982. He returned to the band in 1997 and stayed on until his retirement from touring in 2006.

Wrestling Legend Bobby Eaton Dead at 62

WCW legend Bobby Eaton passed away at the age of 62 on Wednesday, as confirmed by his sister Deborah via her Facebook page. She wrote, "I never wanted to have to post this, but my Little Brother Beautiful Bobby Eaton passed away last night. When I find out all the details I will post them. Bobby was the kindest, loving person you would ever meet. I loved him so much and going to miss him, Please say a prayer for my Niece Taryn she found him. And she just lost her Mom a little over a month ago." Eaton was hospitalized late last month after suffering a bad fall.

Debuting in 1976 at just 17 years old, Eaton established himself as one of the greatest tag team wrestlers of all time as one half of The Midnight Express. His career took him to such promotions as NWA Mid-America, Continental Wrestling Association, Mid-South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling, Jim Crockett promotions, Smoky Mountain Wrestling, New Japan Pro-Wrestling and World Championship Wrestling. He won tag team championship gold in WCW on three separate occasions with Dennis Condrey, Stan Lane and Arn Anderson. His partnership with Condrey also brought him success in Mid-South, NWA Bluegrass, NWA Rocky Top and World Class.

Eaton and Condrey's most famous feud came against The Rock N Roll Express, and the two teams would feud again in 2011. Eaton's final match came in March 2016.

mex.jpg

Former TROUBLE Singer ERIC WAGNER Dies After Battle With COVID Pneumonia

Eric Wagner, the original singer of doom metal legends TROUBLE, has died after a battle with COVID pneumonia. He was 62 years old.

The news of Wagner's passing was confirmed late last night by his son Luke Wagner. Luke wrote on social media: "Hey all this is Luke Wagner his oldest son. Eric Wagner has passed away."

Also mourning Wagner's death is his former THE SKULL bandmate Chuck Robinson. He wrote on Facebook: "This morning I awoke to the worst news... We are all truely devastated.. My dear friend, band mate and brother Eric Wagner has passed. Goodnight Tempter.. We love you.."

Back