So .... Gaza

According to multiple sources, ground assault has started. Israel invading the Gaza strip in the North, South and centre.

It's a ridiculous war. If I'd thought that perhaps a ground invasion could permanently end the conflict, say by killing all the radicals, then I could maybe see it. But there's zero percent chance of that happening. That's not how Israel and Palestine will find peace. And yes I do blame both sides but Israel certainly has more power - not just to inflict damage but also to find a proper solution. It's clear that bibi doesn't care for that at the moment, my only hope is that once this operation fails, and it will, Israelis will start to turn back towards the more moderates who are most likely to work out a deal. But I'm not holding my breath for that. In fact, I doubt it'll be resolved in my lifetime and I consider that being more realistic than pessimistic.

Israel Has Lost the Ability to Think Strategically

The Israeli government seems to have forgotten how to think strategically; at the very least, they have a self-destructive tendency to overplay their hands. For instance, in 2006, when Hezbollah made incursions into Israel from southern Lebanon, the entire Arab League condemned the action—an unprecedented act—and Egypt offered to host a summit where the League would consider actions. But then, Israel escalated the conflict, retaliating with massive, disproportionate air strikes, turning Hezbollah into local heroes and, more seriously, alienating the neighboring Arab states. Egypt called off the summit; the chance for a genuine strategic pivot was blown.

By the way, it's Mandela day apparently. Mandela would have something to say about the situation if he were still with us - and we would ignore it again.

By the way, it's Mandela day apparently. Mandela would have something to say about the situation if he were still with us - and we would ignore it again.
I’ll burn a tire in his honor.

10379910_753821814661083_7098767298056221659_o.jpg

Gaza bombing better than TV. Israeli's take to the hills for a better view.

The Palestinians are wantonly and without provocation standing under Israel's bombs. They are cynically and cowardly "self-genociding".

Hamas strategy is to cause as many Palestinian deaths as possible, they load the ambulances with women and children, then rush them to the sites about to be bombed. Then the ambulances are in position to pick up the bodies afterwards

Insha'Allah
And then ISRAEL BOMBS THEM. So even if what you said is true, who actually bombs them, who actually kills them? If that was really what Hamas was doing and Israel knew that then the simple way to wreck that plan is not to bomb the women and children, right?

Hamas strategy, you say, is to "cause" as many Palestinian deaths as possible and Israel obliges - so Hamas is smarter that all the military minds of Israel? The Palestinians are winning by letting the Israelis kill them? If you REALLY believed this then you should be calling on Israel to stop bombing Gaza if it just helps Hamas.

Back