Scotland one step closer to independence?

Kevin. Bridges referendum special on BBC1 now :D

It's Scottish .. and it's got NO YES in the background ... but it's not strictly speaking ... fook it, I'm postin' it.

10421550_839257872772866_9030853665115103348_n.jpg

It's Scottish .. and it's got NO YES in the background ... but it's not strictly speaking ... fook it, I'm postin' it.

I really laughed out loud at the serial killer line.

Frankie Boyle is a bit more rotund than I remember...

I'm currently UK time -8 hours. When I wake up tomorrow I expect some excellent news.

I'm currently UK time -8 hours.

It's fifteen minutes into polling day. The polls open at 7 a.m. but I'll cast my vote after work as usual - probably about 8 p.m. I'll then be meeting up with some pals for a few light ales before retiring to a friendly house to watch the results come in (booked Friday off work months ago for this very reason).

When I wake up tomorrow I expect some excellent news.

I still think it'll be a No but I'm delighted by the level of engagement and enthusiasm from both sides. It feels like most of the population actually give a toss about the same thing for the first time in my life.
Between my friends it's probably something like 10-1 in favour of Yes. This time last year it was the other way around. From my own limited experience, people who were previously uninterested in politics have been getting involved and doing their own research and mostly switching to Yes. Unfortunately I don't think the swing will be big enough and I expect it to be something like 55% No.

Hope I'm wrong though. =)

-edit-
The result is apparently expected around seven on Friday morning.

Last big opinion poll released this morning has No on 53% - Yes on 47%.

Sure, that's opinion (though it might also be "prediction" to let the counters know what the answer should be and cover for that answer). Opinion is opinion, but votes are votes. Just make sure there are more 'Yes' voters (and evidence thereof).

---

Oh, and if it comes out 'No' just refuse to recognize it and loudly declare that there were irregularities.

I took a wee hip flask of 12 year old Macallan into the polling station with me. I've been casting my vote for nearly 25 years with this as my main objective so thought it was worth celebrating the journey so far, regardless of the result.

We should have an idea within a couple of hours.

Oh, and if it comes out 'No' just refuse to recognize it and loudly declare that there were irregularities.

Haha. To be fair, I've absolutely no complaints or concerns in that department.
I'll respect the result whatever it is.

Never been so disappointed to be proved right.
Will we ever know if it's true? There seems to be a lack of exit polling data (and exit polling has gone out of fashion in the last decade and a half because it seemed to differ quite a bit from the later announced results).
I'm always surprised at how close to 50/50 these things often end up. Crimea was a blowout and Donbas was pretty much the same. Scotland was 45/55 coming down to retirees vs unemployed youth. Retirees were scared to lose their pensions, I presume.

Either Scotland is 55% Englishmen or Scotland is 55% cowards and in the end, isn't that pretty much the same thing?

(There's your opening taunt for the revolution my friend)

was the turnout as big as expected??

10250328_10153210407311564_3052336939947400853_n.jpg

I'm sorry about the result but eventually it will be YES

Back