Is Obama trying to spark a nuclear WW3?

Also, if/when North Korea nukes a US city, the blood will be on Obama's hands and the left's hands.
So you believe that North Korea will launch a preemptive nuclear strike?

So you believe that North Korea will launch a preemptive nuclear strike?

I doubt it. More likely just fulfilling the long established role of.....
ACF93161.jpg

Bull, Obama has attacked his own people.

Also, if/when North Korea nukes a US city, the blood will be on Obama's hands and the left's hands.
Actually it will be on North Korea's hands - and then they will get squished like a bug.

Actually it will be on North Korea's hands - and then they will get squished like a bug.

Both true, but it will also be on Obama's hands and the left. Obama is escalating the situation by doing mock nuke drops and the left are staying silent because 'teh one' is in charge and not Bush.

-edit-
BTW - Surely you don't believe after the US wipe NK off the map, that would be the end of it? That would only be the start, but indeed the ultimate end would be near.

What are the consequences of not taking them serious?
Part of that answer is: it depends on how good the US missile defense shield is. Also, I'm not sure if North Korea has a missile that can actually deliver a nuke to the US. That requires miniaturizing the bomb a great deal. It also requires an advanced targeting system. You'd assume the US has a better understanding of this than we do.

Part of that answer is: it depends on how good the US missile defense shield is. Also, I'm not sure if North Korea has a missile that can actually deliver a nuke to the US. That requires miniaturizing the bomb a great deal. It also requires an advanced targeting system. You'd assume the US has a better understanding of this than we do.

They can drive one across the border into SK pretty easy and the chain of events that followed would probably be the same...

Both true, but it will also be on Obama's hands and the left. Obama is escalating the situation by doing mock nuke drops and the left are staying silent because 'teh one' is in charge and not Bush.
Obama - neutralizes the "left". That has been a lament of the left for a while. Seems most of the "left" isn't really left, they just wear the badge because they think it's trendy.:mad:
BTW - Surely you don't believe after the US wipe NK off the map, that would be the end of it? That would only be the start, but indeed the ultimate end would be near.
There is equipment moving into place. The US has demonstrated, like China did, that they can knock stuff out of orbit. I believe that the US has some anti-missile systems nearby where they can get the best chance of taking things down, at boost or orbit injection. I NK has one or two devices with a chance of delivery, that's not nearly enough for a first strike. If the US drops a NK rocket and it turns out it was carrying a nuke then NK is in a sticky spot. They know they can't go first.
The point is that if anyone else DOES go first then NK can take all the fun out of things in a major way. If it ends up with a US/China/Russia exchange then that will be only when NK has nothing left to lose.

The NK missile launch is interesting. NK has a history of firing missiles over other nations which tends to piss them off. However now the area surrounding NK is equipped with missile defense systems. It'll be interesting to see if NK attempts another shot over one of it's neighbors and if so, will it be shot down? And if it is shot down, how will NK react? Of course, that may not lead to war but who knows. NK torpedoed and sank a South Korean ship a few years ago and killed a bunch of sailors and that didn't start a war, although SK has a new leader now who has sworn to retaliate. What NK was allowed to get away with in the past may no longer end the same this time around.

The thing is a war can start under such murky, cloudy circumstances where it's not immediately apparent as to who started it or even how and thus both sides and their obligated allies may end up fighting a war no one really wants.

So taken together we have - plans to secure North Korea in case of collapse and plans to push North Korea towards collapse. Can't blame Kim for being a little paranoid.

What are the consequences of not taking them serious?
That's a fair question. The Pentagon seems to take it very seriously. And the truth is, North Korea might not need to do a whole lot more for the US to preemptively attack them, although I don't suspect that will happen unless China and maybe Russia are secretly on board.

So taken together we have - plans to secure North Korea in case of collapse and plans to push North Korea towards collapse. Can't blame Kim for being a little paranoid.
Yes and yes, but none of this is news. Since those plans have been around for so many years, I'm not sure how you can link them to the current crisis.

The Pentagon seems to take it very seriously.
Duh! Kim shows them a bomb, he shows them some missiles - the Pentagon is pretty sure that Kim has a bomb he can deliver with a missile. Poor Kim. How much louder does he need to say it. (I suppose they are taking into account that he might be bluffing, I guess).

Yes and yes, but none of this is news. Since those plans have been around for so many years, I'm not sure how you can link them to the current crisis.
And the plans are being updated - but taken together, there is a plan to move on NK in the case of regime collapse - and there is a move to intensify sanctions and other pressure which is designed to bring about ... regime collapse. Ain't that just peachy how well they go together?

First they get you on the ground, then they cuff you and then they sit on your neck and finally they shoot you in the back when you "provoke" them by trying to breath.

Back