An NFL boycott is looming

Likewise, although the version I watch is called soccer in your lingo.
I pay quite a lot of money each year to service my habit (mainly taken up with the cost of a season ticket for the local fitbaw team).
I still enjoy a kick about as well, which also costs me, although less than watching.

There is definite enjoyment to be had from watching those far better than I am, performing well at a sport that I love to play.

NFL Ratings Continue to Plunge in Third Week of National Anthem Protests

Not content with his on-field protests, Kaepernick has continued his anti-American rants off the field. Recently, as a rejoinder to GOP nominee Donald Trump, he said the United States was never great.

“He always says, ‘Make America great again,'” Kaepernick said of Trump. “Well, America has never been great for people of color and that’s something that needs to be addressed. Let’s make America great for the first time.”

NFL's 'Monday Night Football' Keeps Dropping In Ratings

There’s no denying that the numerous #BoycottNFL online campaigns and fan outrage aimed at the National Anthem protests in the NFL have taken a toll in terms of viewership. Additionally, cord-cutting continues to eat into traditional TV’s ratings at an alarming rate. But could there be something else at play?

We’re barely a year removed from the NFL setting all-time records in viewership, yet now the league is on pace for its lowest ratings in years. That’s a sharp and unexpectedly sudden turn.

Whitlock: ‘Hyper-Progressive Movement That Has Lurched Into Sports’ to Blame for Low NFL Ratings

“I think there’s larger narrative going on that the media is just not looking at,” Whitlock said. “If the media took a step back and looked at all of 2016 and understood what was going on globally and here domestically in America, the upheaval and the unrest that’s going on in America, and this hyper-progressive movement that has lurched into sports and changed the conversation about sports. If you just take your eyes off NFL and look what’s going on in sports TV, so much of the conversation is inconsistent with the values of sports culture. I’m going to say it until I’m blue in the face, sports culture is conservative and religious and we’ve turned conservative into a curse word in this country and it’s just not.”

“The conversation about sports, all of [2016] — been long before then, but it’s starting to have ramifications now — inconsistent with the values of sports culture and we’re turning off our base. Our base of support, the people that coach Peewee football, the people that participate in Peewee football all the way through, we’re making them uncomfortable by inviting in all these people that really don’t care about sports, don’t love sports, they have a political agenda and they’re leading the conversation about sports and it’s turning people off.”

Falling ratings force NFL TV networks to give back free ads

When advertisers and ad agencies buy commercial time on NFL partner TV networks, they're promised certain numbers in terms of ratings and audiences. If the game fails to reach those numbers, the networks have to "make good" for the audience shortfall by providing the equivalent of free commercial time.

The last thing TV networks want to do is give back valuable commercial time, especially when ad rates for a 30-second TV commercials during NFL games cost anywhere from $500,000 to $600,000 for prime time games on Madison Avenue.

But if NFL TV ratings continue to fall, it could cost the league's partner networks — CBS, NBC, Fox, ESPN and NFL Network — millions worth of make-good ads.

NFL game programming is the most expensive programming on TV, with CBS, NBC, Fox and ESPN paying a combined $5 billion per year for the right to air games through 2021.

kaepernick-tom-brady-memes-2017.jpg

NFL Ratings Drop as Kaepernick Protests Continue

With a 9.0/15 rating in metered-market results, the Houston Texans’ 26-23 overtime over the Indianapolis Colts on Sunday was not only a season low for SNF but the worst the NFL powerhouse series has done in nearly five years. Only the October 23, 2011 game — in which the New Orleans Saints smashed the Colts 62-7 — has come in with a lower MM rating (8.2). Unlike last week, last night’s game did not face a Presidential debate on all the other networks.

I have to question how much the decline is due to the protests during the anthems, and how much is due to the declining interests in big sports, in general.

F1 viewership has been dropping like a rock for a while now. NASCAR has had its worst ratings ever on FOX for several races this year. (For FOX covered races since 2001.) Baseball has been in decline for a decade or more.

Sure, the protests may accelerate the downfall a bit, but I'd bet it was coming one way or another.

I have to question how much the decline is due to the protests during the anthems, and how much is due to the declining interests in big sports, in general.

F1 viewership has been dropping like a rock for a while now. NASCAR has had its worst ratings ever on FOX for several races this year. (For FOX covered races since 2001.) Baseball has been in decline for a decade or more.

Sure, the protests may accelerate the downfall a bit, but I'd bet it was coming one way or another.

The only problem with that theory is the NFL was ascending to the point where last year was their highest viewership ever (IIRC). The immediate and breathtaking reversal has to be at least largely related to viewer disgust.

As Whitlock pointed out, your average NFL viewer has conservative views. That doesn't mean they aren't democrats or not a diverse group, but even the "farm system" that produces players and fans is largely conservative in nature. This includes black players, who are a majority in the league. They come from smaller close knit towns where church, football and military service is a way of life. From the Peewee leagues to high school, mostly conservative. Sure most of the colleges they attend are bat-shit crazy liberal, but that is only a couple years of their life.

With 1155 players, the black population of the NFL runs away with a 68% majority. In a distant second are the 470 white players who make up 28% of the league. The following three racial categories, Other, Asian/Pacific Islander and Hispanic, make up a combined 4.36% of the league.

By my math and those statistics, there are approximately 785 black players in the NFL. By last report, there are currently 19 players protesting the National Anthem. That means only 2.4% of the league's black players are protesting and only 1.6% of all NFL players in general are protesting. From the way the NFL, ESPN, Liberal media and Democrat Party are promoting the situation you would think that this is a national movement. It clearly isn't and people are rejecting the false narrative being forced upon them in a sport which is supposed to be escapism.

Gee, would the NFL be celebrating a white player's freedom of expression if that player wore a KKK shirt, or even something as simple as a Confederate Flag shirt? Of course not, but Kaepernick wearing a shirt supporting a black terrorist organization is a-OK.

Kaepernick Wears Black Panther Shirt After Blowout Loss

colin_kaepernick_black_panther_party.jpg

In actuality, Kaepernick is paying lip service to an organization with a violent history. One of the Black Panther leaders, Eldrige Cleaver, admitted as such in a 1986 interview, but also said that he'd finally accepted that cops are "necessary"

So it has come to this, and my (former) team is the worst example. If you don't agree with a privileged 1%er, you are a racist.

‘It’s more important to create a healthy dialogue,’ Arian Foster said. ‘It’s easy for you to just sit here and say, “Shut up, you stupid (N-word)”

Boycott just exploded.

Arian Foster retired mid-season last month, so my personal boycott ended (and proving what a shallow, self-centered, attention desperate diva he was all along. He lost the starting job, so he walked out on his team mid-season).

Former Liberal Media darling Colin Kaepernick seems to have lost most support from that Liberal Media after he didn't fall in line behind Hildabeast.

Colin Kaepernick Fact-Checked by Liberal Sports Media

Pointing out the manifold fallacies in Kaepernick’s words, and occasionally in what he wears, is old hat for conservative media. Though, it marks quite the change for sites like Pro Football Talk who once slammed Donald Trump for his criticism of Kaepernick, lauding the quarterback for “trying to make things better” in America. They also called it “silly” for people to focus on Kaepernick’s socks, which depicted cops as pigs, even though he wore those socks less than two months after five Dallas police officers died by sniper fire.

So, to recap: Kaepernick lost his hero Fidel Castro, lost to the Dolphins, and lost Pro Football Talk. Kind of a rough week.

I'm sure this is not 100% due to the boycott, but the nosedive in viewership absolutely has to play into it. The league office doesn't care about player safety worsening, if they can increase revenue. Looks like TNF is not increasing revenue and might be hurting the bottom line.

NFL considering ending 'Thursday Night Football,' report says

Options include (but aren’t limited to) getting rid of Thursday games completely and possibly starting the package at Thanksgiving and continuing it through the end of the season, with games likely to generate broad interest selected in April for November/December programming.

Disney Could Sell ESPN, Due To Massive Subscriber Loss

Lachapelle then makes her case, citing how much of a disaster ESPN has become: “…ESPN has continued to weigh on Disney’s results as the NFL struggles to keep viewers. A Nielsen report showed that ESPN, ESPN 2 and ESPNU lost more than 600,000 subscribers from October to November. ESPN’s NFL ratings have suffered a 17 percent decline this season, according to Nielsen data as of last week. Separately, Disney’s ABC network is faring the worst among the top broadcasters, with ratings down 11 percent for the season as of Nov. 9 versus a year ago.”

Lachapelle is not alone in talking about Disney getting rid of ESPN: “Last month, billionaire John Malone — the dealmaker of all media dealmakers — speculated that Disney may spin off or sell ESPN, along with maybe ABC. He then went so far as to say Apple Inc. may be interested in merging with Disney after the split. The Edge, which analyzes spinoffs, has written about a Disney breakup, too, noting that the media networks and the rest of Disney “lack sufficient synergies and have vastly different outlooks and business model challenges.”

Some market analysts believe ESPN has kneecapped the entire media networks division at Disney: “Now, RBC Capital Markets analyst Steven Cahall is jumping on the bandwagon. In a report Monday, Cahall wrote that ESPN “has almost single-handedly de-rated Disney by about 3.5 to 4 turns” of its Ebitda multiple.

With today being Superbowl Sunday and with all indications that politics will be injected into the Super Bowl even worse this year, lets look at a few things.

NFL viewership fell in nearly all demographics and all regions in 2016

i knew this would come. Anyone other than a SJW libertard or a blind mouse knew this would come.

Super Bowl LI: Will Lady Gaga go off on Trump at halftime?

Does a shark shit in the ocean?

161109180222-lady-gaga-new-york-protest-exlarge-169.jpg

Budweiser is accidentally political in Super Bowl ad

Accidental my ass! But hey, that link is to CNN, the king of fake news.

The NFL/ Roger Godell is hell bent on pushing politics nowadays, despite hurting their own business badly. Not all football owners are on board with this, I'm sure. We'll see if this really goes the way I am expecting. If it does, expect ratings to continue their sharp decline.

Me personally? The injecting of politics pisses me off to no end. I'm a Dolphins fan, I can't stand the Patriots by default and their cheating scandal tarnishes them further. That said, the vitriol the team and individual personalities on the team are getting for being long time friends with trump is beyond ridiculous. I can't justify rooting for the Patriots because of this (my blood is aqua and orange), but part of me almost wants to just to piss off these sub-human Regressives.

Bill Maher Blasts the Trump-Loving New England Patriots: ‘F*ck You and Your Deflated Balls’

“Go Falcons! For the first time in a long time I really care who wins the Super Bowl, and I have a fierce love of the Atlanta Falcons, because I’m from Atlanta—oh wait, I’m not. I’m from New Jersey and could give a shit about Atlanta, but the Falcons are playing a team where the owner, the coach, and the star quarterback all love and support Donald Trump, so I’d really like for them to lose by a score of a million-{bleep}-thousand to none,” Maher ranted.

“And that, in microcosm, is what Donald Trump has done to me—to us all: he’s made us into that campus nut that can’t buy a chicken sandwich without making it political,” he continued. “He’s made me love the Atlanta Falcons.”

The political satirist and stand-up comedian then took the time to personally call out Pats’ QB Tom Brady for his support of Trump, including an incident in September 2015 wherein one of Trump’s signature red ‘Make America Great Again’ hats was spotted by reporters in Brady’s locker. He continued to display it prominently there for months.

“Mostly I love [the Falcons] because Tom Brady was one of the first to display a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat, you know, ‘cause America has been so tough on Tom so far,” joked Maher, throwing to a photo of Brady posing next to his mega-mansion and supermodel-wife, Gisele Bundchen. “And back when Tom was asked if he thought Trump would be president, he said, ‘I hope so. That would be great!’ Hey Tom: {bleep} you! You’re a great quarterback and your political instincts suck.”

Back