An NFL boycott is looming

Despite a fleeting childhood interest in NFL, the above paragraph reminds of this. :p

-EDIT-
Actually, reading it back, I did understand it the second time. Think it was the egg part that threw me.

Yeah, I think "laid an egg" is a pretty regional slang, still. It used to be for getting shut out. (goose-egg/zero) But it's grown into any blowout loss that shouldn't have happened.

And the 6-10 or whatever are win-loss records. :)

Yeah I don't think the JEST are that good, they just had the Lions' number for that game. We'll see how good they are this coming Sunday when the Dolphins(*) come to town in their home (well, the Giants' home they rent a room in). The dolphins have beat the JEST in the last 3 out of 4 games.

There's all the hoopla about the Jets intercepting the Lion's playcalls and whatnot. Which it looks like they did a few times. But even at that, they mostly didn't need to, as the Lion's playcalls were pretty much as predictable as they could be, anyhow.

*- I had very low expectations for my Dolphins coming into this season, thinking maybe in the ~4-12 range. I saw some things Sunday against the Titans that gave me some hope. Upcoming Sunday game against the JEST will be a better canary in the coal mine for the Dolphins' season.

-Edit-
At least you aren't a Jills (Bills) fan right now. They have to easily be the worst team in the NFL right now.

I have a bad feeling this Lion's team is going to give them a real run for their money. Rumor was out well before the game that the locker room was already in full revolt against the new coaching staff. Most people kind of blew that off as crazy talk. But that showing sure looked like it might have some legs.

The NFL really was the best thing going when it came to sports. In the US it is still the king, but it's total dominance is diminishing fast. It really is a shame that they are actively killing the golden goose by injecting fringe far left politics.

When the NFL was about American Football and only that, it was untouchable and incredibly fun.

Well, the concussion problems, which has led to the tackling problems, hasn't helped. Plus constantly redefining what a catch is. The politics are probably the easiest thing to fix. The concussion problems, and the rule book problems are huge. But yeah, politics combine in as a factor, too, and they all do combine together.

Growing up in Detroit, hockey was always a huge thing. Even back when the Red Wings were the Dead Things in the early 80's. And the 80's NHL game of hockey was so much better than the current mess in the NHL. It's all self-inflicted. They've got a greedy commissioner and a rule book that can't be enforced.

Is sleeping with another man now considered Halal?

41710792_2094799863888249_7009607439930621952_n.jpg

Disney CEO Bob Iger Admits ESPN Became Too Political

“There’s been a big debate about whether ESPN should be focused more on what happens on the field of sport than what happens in terms of where sports is societally or politically,” Iger began. “And Jimmy felt that the pendulum may have swung a little bit too far away from the field. And I happen to believe he was right.”

Iger himself is injecting himself directly in Disney Subsidies ESPN and Star Wars. Both subsidies moved away from their product and into far left propaganda as it's first product. I guess the bleeding got bad enough where Disney CEO is forced to take actions.

The Boycott(s) have final started some reversals.

ESPN on Not Sticking to Sports: ‘I Think We May Have Miscalculated a Bit’

“I think we miscalculated a little bit,” Williamson told the paper. “The perception became that you could just roll a talent out there and it doesn’t matter what he or she is saying — that the content didn’t matter. I just never believed that.”

Indeed, since Hill and Smith were deposed from their hosting duties, the 6 PM SportsCenter broadcast has enjoyed “eight straight months of growth,” the paper reported.

The first provable hint that Hill and Smith were destroying SportsCenter is that in the month following their removal, the show’s ratings skyrocketed. If nothing proved that SportsCenter had been mishandled under Hill and Smith, that should have been a big hint.

“I think we’ve recommitted to what people expect from us,” new host Sage Steele said a few months ago. “Just as I would have watched the ‘CBS Evening News’ show with Dan Rather, I want my information. This is the same thing – just sports.”

Back