TV Series "The Office"... Funny?

American version of "The Office". Funny?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
*sigh* didn't read it well, thought it was about the English version, wich I think it's toebending funny :)

why is there actually an American version? I mean, Americans can understand English, right? :?

*sigh* didn't read it well, thought it was about the English version, wich I think it's toebending funny :)

why is there actually an American version? I mean, Americans can understand English, right? :?

Speelgoedmannetje said:

yes, many (but not all) americans understand "English" - we actually speak "american" here. A much sorrier version of Chaucer's language.

(Joke alert)

anyway, while some of us can comprehend the language and even various accents of the English, the morons in Hollywood can not. Their IQ's barely match that of Dubya's.

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

They think that everyone is as dumb as they are and needs a translation. plus, they are shit out of ideas. it happens when you are dumb and dumber.

So, they troll the English island - along with Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc dispite the fact that they can't tell the difference between those folks and lump them all together.

They find gems of brilliance and try to buy them for exposure in this US of A.

As I mentioned "Couplings" was an abysmal failure because american (hollywood) actors couldn't negotiate subtlty if it hit them over the head like a brick wall. The had the orginal writers, who had to cut out all the best jokes because in America, people are afraid of jokes about sex. or any mention of sex, for that matter.
according to the religious right, we all came from cabbage patches.

Le Office American is a better effort, but even as I watched last nites episode, it just fell short of funny. It tried. very hard.
but not quite.

the original is SO good.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

yes, many (but not all) americans understand "English" - we actually speak "american" here. A much sorrier version of Chaucer's language.

(Joke alert)

anyway, while some of us can comprehend the language and even various accents of the English, the morons in Hollywood can not. Their IQ's barely match that of Dubya's.

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

They think that everyone is as dumb as they are and needs a translation. plus, they are shit out of ideas. it happens when you are dumb and dumber.

So, they troll the English island - along with Ireland, Scotland, Wales, etc dispite the fact that they can't tell the difference between those folks and lump them all together.

As I mentioned "Couplings" was an abysmal failure because american (hollywood) actors couldn't negotiate subtlty if it hit them over the head like a brick wall. The had the orginal writers, who had to cut out all the best jokes because in America, people are afraid of jokes about sex. or any mention of sex, for that matter.

Le Office American is a better effort, but even as I watched last nites episode, it just fell short of funny. It tried. very hard.
but not quite.

the original is SO good.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

(Joke alert)

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

but not quite.

the original is SO good.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

(Joke alert)

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

but not quite.

the original is SO good.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

(Joke alert)

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

but not quite.

the original is SO good.

Speelgoedmannetje said:

(Joke alert)

(ie, VERY, VERY low)

but not quite.

the original is SO good.

I didnt find The Office in the slightest bit funny in the yoookay either. Boring.

So what the manager is a cringe making tedious flatfoot who makes an arse of himself, so are all managers for christ sakes ( especially ones from Swindon ).

If you are going to make a sit com, make sure you get the 'com' bit not surgically removed by the boring bit of dog turd that writes it.

Counter-attack, thats your starter for ten ;-)

I didnt find The Office in the slightest bit funny in the yoookay either. Boring.

So what the manager is a cringe making tedious flatfoot who makes an arse of himself, so are all managers for christ sakes ( especially ones from Swindon ).

If you are going to make a sit com, make sure you get the 'com' bit not surgically removed by the boring bit of dog turd that writes it.

Never seen it... Don't watch sitcoms..

Back