TV Series "The Office"... Funny?

American version of "The Office". Funny?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Wayne

Administrator
Reaction score
I know the show that appears on American TV a rip-off of the BBC show, but does anyone actually find the American version of "The Office" funny?

I've tried to watch three episodes now and I just can't seem to find it funny at all. I'd *much* rather watch "Are You Being Served" or "Red Dwarf".

Wayne

I know the show that appears on American TV a rip-off of the BBC show, but does anyone actually find the American version of "The Office" funny?

I've tried to watch three episodes now and I just can't seem to find it funny at all. I'd *much* rather watch "Are You Being Served" or "Red Dwarf".

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

Wayne

it's not as funny as the english version. but it does have it's moments. I was surprised as the american version of Couplings was HORRIBLE!

anyway, when i do catch it (it's on tonite, yes?), one thing bothers me. that is, the guy who's the boss is just a little TOO aware that he's an a$$hole. In the english version, it was just more subtle. I mean, he Kinda knew his "jokes" weren't going over but he acted like they did. sort of.
It's hard to explain. Basically, the english actors are just better at Dry Humor.

The american guy doing the Boss is ok, it's just that he misses sometimes. Now, the guy who's supposed to be the Nut in the office is good. rightly so, they americanized the character because not doing so would just not have worked at all. "Gareth" won't work unless he's in Slough.

But the new guy is weird enough to be funny. sort of. He even looks funny. :lol:
I thought the bit where he hides in the empty box in the factory was sort of funny.

tim and dawn: they were just perfect in the english version and I'm not quite getting the same warm cuteness from the american effort, although I think I should give it time. ya never know. I think it's because I'm not getting that tired, repressed feeling from the Dawn character (she is desperate to be creative but feels like she's got nowhere to go and no support from her thug bf). Plus, the two of them (tim and dawn, or whatever they are called in the US version) need to be much more playfull together.

again, it could just be early.

I do love droll humor, so I may be more forgiving of this effort.

it's not as funny as the english version. but it does have it's moments. I was surprised as the american version of Couplings was HORRIBLE!

anyway, when i do catch it (it's on tonite, yes?), one thing bothers me. that is, the guy who's the boss is just a little TOO aware that he's an a$$hole. In the english version, it was just more subtle. I mean, he Kinda knew his "jokes" weren't going over but he acted like they did. sort of.
It's hard to explain. Basically, the english actors are just better at Dry Humor.

The american guy doing the Boss is ok, it's just that he misses sometimes. Now, the guy who's supposed to be the Nut in the office is good. rightly so, they americanized the character because not doing so would just not have worked at all. "Gareth" won't work unless he's in Slough.

But the new guy is weird enough to be funny. sort of. He even looks funny. :lol:
I thought the bit where he hides in the empty box in the factory was sort of funny.

tim and dawn: they were just perfect in the english version and I'm not quite getting the same warm cuteness from the american effort, although I think I should give it time. ya never know. I think it's because I'm not getting that tired, repressed feeling from the Dawn character (she is desperate to be creative but feels like she's got nowhere to go and no support from her thug bf). Plus, the two of them (tim and dawn, or whatever they are called in the US version) need to be much more playfull together.

*sigh* didn't read it well, thought it was about the English version, wich I think it's toebending funny :)

why is there actually an American version? I mean, Americans can understand English, right? :?

*sigh* didn't read it well, thought it was about the English version, wich I think it's toebending funny :)

why is there actually an American version? I mean, Americans can understand English, right? :?

Back