Tracking the United States' national embarrassment.

I just received a long rambling email from the Donald (via Parler) asking for donations. Here's a snippet.

No matter what, the grift goes on, and on, and...
And the Dems are his advertising department.

The big reveal is coming! Straight out of the Qanon playbook. :lol:
F3l165XacAQvqZy

No big reveal after all? What a surprise!
Even his new legal team must be part of the biggest witch hunt in the history of all possible universes.
F3vFpz-XcAA3hvF

I just received a long rambling email from the Donald (via Parler) asking for donations. Here's a snippet.

Just received another. Looks like the begging bowl will be passed around every Wednesday now. :lol:
If you are doing poorly right now due to the very sinister people who are ripping our country to shreds, then just hit the back button and go about your day. I seriously mean it!
But if not, I don’t have to tell you that the stakes of this election have never been greater. Our Republic is hanging by a thread, and America needs you right now.​
Thank you,​
Donald J. Trump​

This could've gone in any one of at least 5 existing threads. Trump's first Tweet since January 2021 features his arrest mugshot.
Declaring "Never Surrender" alongside proof of your actual surrender is exquisitely on brand for the crazy old liar.
Elon Musk is probably still wetting his knickers as a result of runaway uncontrollable delight.

I received another Parler email this morning. This time from someone called Chuck Hand, also asking for donations. For some reason it's amused me almost as much as the Trump ones. It's pages long but here's the opening:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 11.06.50.png
    Screen Shot 2023-10-28 at 11.06.50.png
    241.6 KB · Views: 3
Colorado's Supreme Court has ruled that Donald Trump cannot run for president next year in the state, citing a constitutional insurrection clause.
The court ruled 4-3 that Mr Trump was not an eligible candidate because he had engaged in an insurrection over the US Capitol riot nearly three years ago.
It does not stop Mr Trump running in the other states and his campaign says it will appeal to the US Supreme Court.
The decision, they said, was "completely flawed".
The ruling only mentions the state's primary election on 5 March, when Republican voters will choose their preferred candidate for president. But it could affect the general election in Colorado next November.
It is the first ever use of Section 3 of the US Constitution's 14th Amendment to disqualify a presidential candidate.
Tuesday's decision - which has been placed on hold pending appeal until next month - only applies in Colorado. Similar attempts to kick Mr Trump off the ballot in New Hampshire, Minnesota and Michigan have failed.
The justices wrote in their ruling: "We do not reach these conclusions lightly. We are mindful of the magnitude and weight of the questions now before us.
"We are likewise mindful of our solemn duty to apply the law, without fear or favor, and without being swayed by public reaction to the decisions that the law mandates we reach."

I'll go out on a limb and guess that The Donald sees this post in a different light to a lot of us. :D
GCTSlbOWoAA38Ww

Trump has been ordered to compensate the woman he claimed wasn't his type then mistook for his own wife. Even if this does end up costing him $83m, which seems extremely unlikely, it's probably money well spent, as every time he's associated with embarrassing or criminal behaviour, his cult of personality seems to grow stronger.

Donald Trump must pay E Jean Carroll $83.3m for defamation

A New York jury has decided Donald Trump should pay $83.3m (£65m) for defaming columnist E Jean Carroll in 2019 while he was US president.
The penalty in the civil trial is made up of $18.3m for compensatory damages and $65m in punitive damages.

As things stand, this is the only viable alternative to Trump. I hope everyone is looking forward to another 4 years of The Donald.
The fact that things like this are coming out is probably an indication that a new candidate is going to get parachuted in closer to November. It won't be Kamala because nobody likes her. It feels like they are setting him up to retire but he will either need to die or get an immunity deal. Since he's old his death would be unsurprising but also it's not much of a threat - but as patriarch he probably wants to get the best deal for his family before he falls on his sword.
Of course, if he kicks off WWIII (presuming it lasts longer than 20 minutes) he'd be in a better position electorally. Most of the movement I would expect to see in the fall. Anything done too soon kind of goes stale by election time so they'll be keeping their powder dry and waiting "to see the whites of their eyes" as it were.

October could be full of surprises.

As things stand, this is the only viable alternative to Trump. I hope everyone is looking forward to another 4 years of The Donald.
“Mr. Biden’s memory … appeared to have significant limitations,” Hur writes, “both at the time he spoke to Zwonitzer in 2017, as evidenced by their recorded conversations, and today, as evidenced by his recorded interview with our office.”

That's 3 years before he became president. They knew he was passed it before they ran him - and that's why you almost never saw him during the campaign. Just the kind of president the government likes.

Back