The Dead Celeb thread, 2021 & 2022 edition

Jake of Stiff Little Fingers made this comment:

Horrible, horrible news to wake up to.
Few bands have brought me as much joy as Dr. Feelgood. I based my entire guitar style, such as it is, on a hybrid of Rory Gallagher and the unique Wilko Johnson. Having been given a second bite of the cherry some years back, Wilko has sadly passed away today.
There was never anyone like him and there will never be another.
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything.
Jake.

Comedian Wim de Bie died,

He and his colleague Kees van Kooten formed the duo Kooten & de Bie, whom's humour I've been raised up with, and that humour is deeply rooted in Dutch culture. :(:(:(

Here he can be seen as a slightly posh lady selling exquisit bonbons to a rather non-posh customer:

Last edited:
Here he can be seen as a slightly posh lady selling exquisit bonbons to a rather non-posh customer:
It's a pity the subtitles were a bit screwed up when I watched it, not to mention my lack of Dutch, but I got a laugh out of it anyway. :pint:

• Sad
Reactions: adz
Two of my musical heroes, Robbie Robertson (The Band) and Sixto Rodriguez (Sugarman), died yesterday.
I saw Rodriguez live a few years ago after thinking he'd already been dead for decades. I never did get to see Robertson in the flesh.

Last edited:
The sometimes insightfully brilliant but other-times laughably terrible journalist, John Pilger passed away the other week and I only just found out.
Sad news. I used have a lot of admiration for him and still do for much of his work.

John Pilger obituary

Back