The Dead Celeb thread, 2018 edition

This one is a bit shocking and sad. He was probably a better coach than many would give credit to. What's shocking is he was likely in good physical condition. I remember one year the national media was praising then Jets head coach for losing weight due to bypass surgery, they ignored the fact at the same time Tony lost a similar amount of weight by running the bleachers daily. He got to an ideal weight and seemed to stay there. As a coach his players played hard for him, his teams just didn't have the talent. He had no control over personnel, that was on the GM. This article has a typo. It says his first year with the Dolphins he went 10-6. He actually went 11-5 and won the AFC East. He took over a team that went 1-15 the year before and went 11-5, tying a record for the biggest turn around.

Former Dolphins coach Tony Sparano dead at 56

usatsi_5771502.jpg

There were rumors over the past month that he wasn't doing well, but I didn't really expect this...

Sergio Marchionne, the charismatic former head of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles and later Chairman and CEO of Ferrari as well, has died at 66 of complications related to a shoulder surgery.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/new...y-at-fiat-chrysler/ar-BBL0EFG?ocid=spartanntp

He saved the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep brands. Also, spun the Ram model into a new brand.

Noooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

WWE Hall of Famer, legendary heel Nikolai Volkoff dies at age 70

I'm old enough to remember the peak of the Iron Sheik and Nokolai Volkoff as a heel tag team. People took that shit serious. It helped that the Iron Sheik legitimately defected from iran and was a known Olympic competitor for Iran, along with working as a bodyguard for the Shaw. People believed their gimmick and hated them, which was the whole point! Great worker, really sad to hear. In real life he was a proud US patriot. That tag team is probably the best heel (bad guy) tag team of all time.

Last edited:
I don't remember him as well as some other wrestlers, but I do remember him somewhat. Another one passes and way too young

WWE Legend Brickhouse Brown Passes Away At 57

brickhouse-brown.jpg

The Wrestling Observer is reporting that WWE legend Brickhouse Brown has passed away at the age of 57. Brown was battling cancer in a Mississippi hospice when he died.

It was initially reported that Brown, real name Frederick Seawright, had passed away on July 20 and that the coroner was even called in. But he miraculously woke up, much to the surprise of his mother.

Brown began his pro wrestling career in 1982 in Texas and was trained by the legendary Terry Funk. But Brown’s most famous run came later in the Mid-South territory, where he was a top babyface.

Brown was brought in by Cowboy Bob Orton in hopes of replacing the massively popular Junkyard Dog, who had previously left for WWE. Brickhouse was a good worker, very proficient on the mic and did everything he could to entertain the fans.

Brown’s legacy is that of a tough and scrappy fighter that was never the biggest guy in the room but never needed to be. He was a star in a region that thrived on working class wrestlers that fans could relate to. Brown was a perfect fit in that regard. Brown worked in WWE in 1995, where he faced Triple H among others.

Brown was good friends with former WWE Superstar Brian Blair, who is also the President of the famed Cauliflower Alley Club. The organization reportedly helped with Brown’s medical expenses leading up to his death.

The suicide of friend Rick Genest, Zombie Boy is beyond devastating. We have to work harder to change the culture, bring Mental Health to the forefront and erase the stigma that we can’t talk about it. If you are suffering, call a friend or family today. We must save each other.

From the picture, I think it's pretty safe to say that dude was already calling out. Just sayin'....

From the picture, I think it's pretty safe to say that dude was already calling out. Just sayin'....

Yup. It probably also doesn't help that he went from obscurity, to a minute of extreme fame due to Gaga's video, back to obscurity.

This may seem obscure if you weren't huge into metal.

RANDY RAMPAGE, Canadian Hardcore Legend And Former ANNIHILATOR Frontman, Dead At 58

Former ANNIHILATOR frontman Randy Rampage passed away on August 14 at the age of 58. The singer, whose real name was Randall Desmond Archibald, was also a founding member, bass player and occasional vocalist of the Canadian hardcore band D.O.A.

Rampage appeared on ANNIHILATOR's debut album, 1988's "Alice In Hell", before leaving the band. In 1999, he returned to the group and recorded one more album called "Criteria For A Black Widow" after which he left once again to rejoin D.O.A.

If you watched Head Bangers Ball at all in the late 80s-early 90s, you certainly would have seen this video.

Former ANNIHILATOR frontman Randy Rampage passed away on August 14 ...
Heard about this on my Facebook this morning. Seems I have a bunch of mutual friends with Duane Nickull, the guitarist in the Randy Rampage band so he keeps popping up in my feed. This is brutal for the band and just last year they lost their bass player Brent Johnson (formerly of The Real McKenzies). They still plan to release album they were working on but after that ...?

Former LYNYRD SKYNYRD Guitarist ED KING Dead At 68

King — known for co-writing LYNYRD SKYNYRD's classic song "Sweet Home Alabama" — was also a founding member of '60s psychedelic band STRAWBERRY ALARM CLOCK. He was inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame in 2006 as a member of LYNYRD SKYNYRD. King performed on the band's first three albums — "Pronounced Leh-nerd Skin-nerd"(1973), 1974's "Second Helping" (1974) and "Nuthin' Fancy" (1975). He played with LYNYRD SKYNYRD from 1972 to 1975, and again from 1987 to 1996.

an excellent report on McCain

it's long but most of it is worth a watch. His daughter has an especially beautiful eulogy. It starts around 22:17

Back