The Dead Celeb thread, 2018 edition

Probably not very well known outside of the UK but I have seen this band live a couple of times:
Body found in search for missing Frightened Rabbit singer
_101234253_scotthutchison.jpg

Scott Hutchison was reported missing on Wednesday morning
Police searching for missing Frightened Rabbit singer Scott Hutchison have found the body of a man near South Queensferry.

The discovery was made at Port Edgar at about 20:30 on Thursday.
Formal identification is yet to take place but Mr Hutchison's family have been informed.

The 36-year-old was reported missing in the early hours of Wednesday. He was last seen on CCTV footage after visiting the nearby Dakota Hotel.
The police search had focused on South Queensferry, as well as the Forth Road Bridge and into Fife.

Mr Hutchison's family had voiced their concerns after tweets were sent by Scott shortly before he was last seen.

At about 23:00 on Tuesday, he wrote: "Be so good to everyone you love. It's not a given. I'm so annoyed that it's not. I didn't live by that standard and it kills me. Please, hug your loved ones."

Minutes later he added: "I'm away now. Thanks."

Josh Martin, Anal Cunt guitarist has died at 45

Longtime guitarist passed away following a freak escalator accident in Rhode Island

anal-cunt-josh-martin-dead-escalator-accident-obituary.png

Longtime Anal Cunt guitarist Josh Martin has died following a fatal escalator accident. He was 45 years old.

According to police reports via WPRI and The Boston Globe, Martin fell backwards off an escalator at the Providence Place shopping mall in Providence, Rhode Island late Monday evening (May 28th). Martin, who witnesses said was “clowning around” and “riding the rail” of the escalator, plummeted one whole floor and suffered “massive injuries” after hitting his head on a table in the food court. He was taken to Rhode Island Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Well, no one's posted this one, yet, so I suppose it's my sad responsibility.

Samuel “Ted” Dabney, one of the earliest pioneers of the gaming industry and a co-founder of Atari, passed away May 26 after a battle with cancer. He was 81.

The news has many of his contemporaries and veterans of the video game industry mourning the loss of such an important player in the early development of the first arcade games.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/gaming/ted-dabney-atari-died/

A musician friend on FB confirmed he has since passed... :-(

Former Death/Sebastian Bach guitarist Ralph Santolla to be taken off life support

JWsG6GVjoy8ZG9nzvSpfGb-970-80.jpg

Ralph Santolla, the former guitarist with Death, Iced Earth and Sebastian Bach’s band, is to be taken off life support after falling into a coma following a severe heart attack.

Santolla, 48, was hospitalised on May 30. According to a Facebook post by his mother, Sue Santolla-Roche, his heart attack was the result of a blood clot.

The guitarist was initially put on a ventilator to keep him breathing, but his son, Dorian Angelo Santolla, broke the news that he would be taken off life support on Wednesday June 6.

Santolla played with several iconic death metal bands in the 90s and 00s, including Deicide and Obituary. He was also a member of Iced Earth and former Skid Row frontman Sebastian Bach’s solo band.

Anthony Bourdain, Celebrity Chef, Dead at 61

Celebrity chef and writer Anthony Bourdain is dead at the age of 61. CNN confirmed the death of the host, saying Bourdain had died by suicide.

In a statement on Friday (June 8), CNN said, "It is with extraordinary sadness we can confirm the death of our friend and colleague, Anthony Bourdain. His love of great adventure, new friends, fine food and drink and the remarkable stories of the world made him a unique storyteller. His talents never ceased to amaze us and we will miss him very much. Our thoughts and prayers are with his daughter and family at this incredibly difficult time."

Bourdain was in Strasbourg, France working on an upcoming episode of his award-winning CNN series, Parts Unknown and was found dead in his hotel room by his close friend and chef Eric Ripert.

Bourdain was once described as the original rock star chef. He expanded his 1999 New Yorker article "Don't Eat Before Reading This" into the 2000 best-selling book Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly. He joined CNN in 2013 and season 11 of Parts Unknown premiered last month. He leaves behind a daughter, born in 2007.

Bourdain's death comes a week after fashion designer Kate Spade died of an apparent suicide at her Manhattan apartment on Tuesday.

We can all help prevent suicide. The Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals. Call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK.

Charles Krauthammer, conservative commentator and Pulitzer Prize winner, dead at 68

Krauthammer was arguably a Renaissance man, achieving mastery in such disparate fields as psychiatry, speech-writing, print journalism and television. He won the Edwin Dunlop Prize for excellence in psychiatric research and clinical medicine. Journalism honors included the Pulitzer Prize for Commentary for his Washington Post columns in 1987 and the National Magazine Award for his work at The New Republic in 1984. His book, “Things That Matter: Three Decades of Passions, Pastimes and Politics,” instantly became a New York Times bestseller, remaining in the number one slot for 10 weeks, and on the coveted list for nearly 40.

Krauthammer delivered his views in a mild-mannered yet steady and almost philosophical style, befitting his background in psychiatry and detailed analysis of human behavior. Borrowing from that background, Krauthammer said in 1990, after the fall of the Berlin Wall, that the post-Cold War world had gone from bipolar to “unipolar,” with the United States as the sole superpower. He also coined the term “The Reagan Doctrine,” among others.

He also showed an unabashed love of baseball. Nationals Park held a moment of silence before the Washington Nationals played a home game there Thursday night.

694940094001_5800457417001_5800459579001-vs.jpg

Vinnie Paul, drummer and co-founder of Pantera, has died at the age of 54

Paul formed Pantera in 1982 alongside his brother, “Dimebag” Darrell Abbott, and Rex Brown. The definitive lineup was completed when Phil Anselmo joined them in 1987. They split acrimoniously in 2003, and the Abbott brothers went on to form Damageplan. That band ended when Dimebag was shot dead on stage in 2004. In 2006 Paul created Hellyeah, who went on to release five albums together, the most recent being 2016’s Unden!able.

Looking back on Pantera’s 1994 album Far Beyond Driven on its 20th anniversary, Paul told Radio.com: “For it to come out and make it to No.1 in the United States was an incredible accomplishment, not just for Pantera, but for heavy metal. People had to take a look at it whether they liked it or not. … All the magazines, Billboard and everything, said: ‘Overnight sensation – Pantera!’ We were like, ‘There was nothing overnight about this at all.’ We played night clubs for seven years solid before we got a record deal … really we developed the most brutal, loyal fanbase on the face of the Earth.”

Former MALEVOLENT CREATION Singer BRET HOFFMANN Dead At 51

Former MALEVOLENT CREATION frontman Bret Hoffmann has died after a battle with stage 4 colon cancer. He was only 51 years old.

The news of Bret's passing was revealed by his wife, Kimberly Karan Hoffmann. She wrote on Facebook: "Today is the saddest day of my life. I just lost my soulmate, the love of my [life]. My best friend has passed away. I will always love [you], RIP, my love."

MALEVOLENT CREATION guitarist Philip Fasciana paid tribute to his former bandmate, writing on Facebook: "Can't believe my best friend/brother has passed away! 40 years of friendship and 30 years of playing music together. There will never be ever anyone I loved more than Bret Hoffmann and writing music and traveling the world with. He was truly the best friend I ever had and will miss him deeply. R.I.P. my brother!!!!!"

Back