Suddenly vaccine skepticism has gone mainstream.

The science remains far from settled on this.
Indeed. The article I linked agrees -
Why waste coveted vaccine doses on people who already have immune responses against the virus—which may also needlessly put those people at risk of vaccine side effects, however rare?
It's a reasonable question, and there is legitimate scientific debate about it

Here's the ever sober Dr John Campbell
Providing an educated opinion backed up with facts - but still only an opinion.
And he agrees that vaccination improves immunity even after natural infection, which is one of the main takeaways from the article.
I think a lot of what's going on is "the noble lie"
That may be true in some aspects of the response to C19 but I don't see how it applies to this article. There's a lot of research and debate going on about this and other aspects of the response to C19. Jumping to paranoia about the intentions of any such debate because it doesn't exactly marry up with existing preconceptions doesn't get us anywhere. Sometimes things we disagree with are simply differences of opinion rather than lies, false flags or symptoms of some other deep state conspiracy. Equally, as more information emerges, it can be perfectly valid to change our minds.

Southwest Cancels 1,800 Flights Days After Pilots Fight Vaccine Mandates; Airline Claims ‘Bad Weather’

“Southwest Airlines canceled more than 1,800 flights this weekend, disrupting the travel plans of thousands of customers and stranding flight crews, blaming the meltdown on a combination of bad weather, air traffic control and its own shortage of available staff,” reported CNBC.

In a note to staff on Sunday, Alan Kasher, executive vice president of daily flight operations, said that the airline “did not anticipate” the series of disruptions that arose over the weekend.

“I know this is incredibly difficult for all of you, and our customers are not happy,” said Kasher.

“Although we were staffed for the weekend, we could not anticipate the significant disruption that was created from unexpected ATC issues and bad weather across our Florida stations,” he added.

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) said bad weather and staffing issues in Florida contributed to a “few hours” of flight delays on Friday afternoon at the Jacksonville Air Route Traffic Control Center, which “controls airspace in five parts of Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina and South Carolina,” according to CNBC.

“No FAA air traffic staffing shortages have been reported since Friday,” the FAA said. “Some airlines continue to experience scheduling challenges due to aircraft and crews being out of place. Please contact the airlines for details about current flight schedules.”

Chris Bianchi, a meteorologist out of Denver, told CNBC that he did not see the type of severe weather that would have caused massive flight delays. “Based on what I’ve seen, there didn’t appear to be any high impact weather that would’ve significantly affected Southwest operations yesterday or today,” he said.

Antivaxxers only want choice for themselves.
They really are despicable.
That's kind of a generalization. It sure applies to these people who are harassing, but I see some people just having serious doubts, especially as it all has been rushed by commercial companies who have massive interests. Here in Groningen I saw a lady on tv doing one hell of a job of non-judgemental plea for these people with doubts to talk with a physician about this, without any judgement whatsoever - everyone can have their own motives and we do still live in a free society, so we need to be as open and honest about this as we can.

That's kind of a generalization. It sure applies to these people who are harassing, but I see some people just having serious doubts
I understand that people can have serious and important questions. I also encourage those people to ask their doctor - someone who knows THEIR medical situation. I've been saying this for the entire year and a half.

I only use the term "Antivaxxer" for those people who have zero interest in knowing facts, evidence, or reality.
I've seen these people online for years. They have standard phrases that they all use. AND they are bullies. They complain about THEIR rights to do as they please, but, as you can see in that article, they never extend this respect for choice to anyone else.

As I've said before, I know someone whose past medical history makes her "nervous" about taking vaccines. The FIRST thing I said to her is, ask your doctor. Her entire family got vaccinated as soon as they could. We are a "wall" around her, protecting her as best we can. And it's entirely up to her doctor and how she feels if and when she might get vaccinated.

I don't bully anyone, but I'll be damned if I allow liars to just LIE.

Absolutely. People who have concerns should seek out their professionals and ask. And by professionals, that should mean your medical experts who set up your treatment plans at the hospitals, your general care practitioners, etc.

Professionals do not include blowhards on Twitter and Facebook, faces on the television, or politicians. The made-up "facts" spouted by these traitors are not equal to actual statistics published in peer-reviewed medical papers. Anecdotes are not equal to data from the CDC, WHO, and other world-respected health organizations. I just don't understand how people don't get this.

The director of security of the company we hired for my building (work) just was hospitalized a couple weeks back and diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. He's OK, though more than a little self conscious of the partial paralysis of one side of his face. Just being glad he's OK I didn't think much of it. I found out today it was a direct result of him getting vaccinated, ER doctor admitting it is a known side effect. Even Dr. Google admits there is a risk, though soft sells it.

My problem is and always have been the draconian jab mandates. Not just in the news, but I've seen first hand how evil they are. The mandates are NOT about health, they are about control plain and simple. They have zero nuance, are illegal and unconstitutional. A person who already had and survived the coof has vastly more natural immunity than someone who just had a jab. Still, the mandates do not care about this. You could still loose your job or ability to travel / interact with society if you decline the jab. Same with medical conditions. Fighting cancer or other major issues? Get the jab or else.

The runaway inflation, workforce shortage and supply issues are all directly linked to mandates and not all the other nonsense your nightly news claims it to be. Take the mandates out and simply encourage people to educate themselves to make a decision best for themselves and their family. It became politicized the moment the trials were announced, because orangemanbad was in office. Every top Dem politician was on the 24/7 news cycle at times proclaiming they would never ever get the jab, because orangemanbad. The moment Biden "won" and took office, it was mandates or else. Once an issue gets politicized so extremely, it never becomes un-politicized.

If we allow the mandates to go unchallenged, you will lose all of your medical privacy and autonomy over your body forever. Just like the Piece Of Shlt "Patriot Act" that was supposed to only be very short & temporary, and ONLY to go after 9/11 terrorists.

The director of security of the company we hired for my building (work) just was hospitalized a couple weeks back and diagnosed with Bell's Palsy. He's OK, though more than a little self conscious of the partial paralysis of one side of his face. Just being glad he's OK I didn't think much of it. I found out today it was a direct result of him getting vaccinated, ER doctor admitting it is a known side effect. Even Dr. Google admits there is a risk, though soft sells it.
I have two close friends who suffered from temporary Bell’s palsy before c19 was even a thing so I’m going to put this in the same absurd, lying bullshit dookit you carved out for vaccines causing miscarriage unless you can provide some actual evidence there is a demonstrable causal link.

I have two close friends who suffered from temporary Bell’s palsy before c19 was even a thing so I’m going to put this in the same absurd, lying bullshit dookit you carved out for vaccines causing miscarriage unless you can provide some actual evidence there is a demonstrable causal link.

LMGTFY

I understand that people can have serious and important questions. I also encourage those people to ask their doctor - someone who knows THEIR medical situation. I've been saying this for the entire year and a half.

I only use the term "Antivaxxer" for those people who have zero interest in knowing facts, evidence, or reality.
I've seen these people online for years. They have standard phrases that they all use. AND they are bullies. They complain about THEIR rights to do as they please, but, as you can see in that article, they never extend this respect for choice to anyone else.

As I've said before, I know someone whose past medical history makes her "nervous" about taking vaccines. The FIRST thing I said to her is, ask your doctor. Her entire family got vaccinated as soon as they could. We are a "wall" around her, protecting her as best we can. And it's entirely up to her doctor and how she feels if and when she might get vaccinated.

I don't bully anyone, but I'll be damned if I allow liars to just LIE.
Rereading your post more carefully this is also pretty much clear. I just found myself condemning people too much at times. How I look at things now is pretty well mentioned in this video:

Rereading your post more carefully this is also pretty much clear. I just found myself condemning people too much at times. How I look at things now is pretty well mentioned in this video:
The video is very funny. And is generally accurate.

A few points, however: As to possible immunity from infection - I've seen studies that indicate not Everyone gets immunity from having covid. Apparently, some people end up with no antibodies or their antibodies wane after a few months. All of this is still under investigation. The thing is the Federal government can't make recommendations with no medical facts.

We DO have data about the efficacy of the vaccines. We don't have enough data about how effective "natural immunity" is. We DO have data about how reliable the tests to determine if one is positive or negative for corona virus is.

When New York State developed a vaccine passport it would have been irresponsible to include "natural immunity" because we don't know. I know people bitch and moan about this all the time, but if we don't pay attention to science and data, it becomes a big mess of gossip.
Do I THINK some people who have been infected may have some protection against corona virus. Yeah, probably. But, I've also seen some studies that indicate some people who were previously infected got re-infected by a variant later (like months or even a year later). And I've seen studies that show a previous infection PLUS vaccination gives a person a great percentage of protection.

Here's the other point that the guy in the video missed: The US may be seen as "one" country by the rest of the world, but in reality it's 50 states all doing their own thing. And some laws, directives and policies can ONLY be done by the Federal government. Which is why dopey donnie's lack of doing anything even back in dec 2019 (and going forward all year) cost many American's their lives.

New York was infected by people traveling from Europe early on. It's THE reason we had all those cases starting around Feb-March 2020.
Gov Cuomo quickly got things under control and our case numbers were dropping by late spring 2020. And when you consider how people in Manhattan are living on top of each other, that's a difficult and amazing accomplishment. Some states have done very well and some other states continue to be hot spots. Many of those hot spots are controlled by republicans.

The reason Demark has been successful in reducing cases, deaths and complications is because they didn't waste time politicizing a public health issue.

Dopey donny made this ALL about politics right from the start. This has exacerbated fighting the virus. It's made it 100 times more difficult. It's why lies about science and health facts continue to float around even to this day. All those lies cost people's lives. Its the lies that cause distrust. I've spent everyday of this pandemic posting links to data/studies to try and fight against these lies.
Sadly, once the lies and distrust are in people's heads, it's difficult to pry it out of them.

the Russian government (ie, the KGB) are the masters of disinformation.

color me entirely un-surprised that people don't trust whatever putin says.

that said, I really don't know enough about that vaccine to have any opinion about it.

In Dead Celeb, but also dropping here as related.

FULLY VACCINATED FORMER SECRETARY OF STATE COLIN POWELL DIES FROM COVID COMPLICATIONS

Colin Powell, a former secretary of state under President George W. Bush and the first black chairman of the Joints Chiefs of Staff, has passed away at the age of 84. Powell’s family announced that the four-star general died of complications from COVID-19, though he was fully vaccinated.

Powell’s family released a statement via Facebook, confirming his passing: “General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning due to complications from Covid 19.

“We have lost a remarkable and loving husband, father and grandfather and a great American,” the statement continued.

General Powell’s untimely death has been linked to complications from COVID, though the family statement confirmed “he was fully vaccinated.”

Snopes sadly may be the only link many here would willingly click on such a subject, so here you go from Snopes.

Are COVID-19 Tests Sterilized With a Chemical Linked to Cancer?
Expected 2020 federal limitations on ethylene oxide emissions were paused in response to the pandemic.

Claim​

COVID-19 diagnostic tests are sterilized with a substance called ethylene oxide (EtO), which has been linked to cancer.

Rating​

Mixture

Mixture​

What's True

EtO is used in gaseous form to sterilize roughly half of all medical equipment manufactured in the U.S., including at least some nasal swabs used in diagnostic tests used to detect COVID-19. It is true that the chemical itself has been linked to cancer and other adverse health effects, specifically by exposure resulting from inhaling emissions from industrial facilities. However ...

Go ahead and click to read the word salad that follows to get your own take on it. Then consider Snopes admits federal exposure limits were paused due to the pandemic. Also consider that apparently all of a sudden many companies, mine included, have paused testing in recent weeks looking for an alternative method. My company has been doing once every 2 weeks testing. At first for everyone until jab was available, then just to the unjabbed. That didn't last but a ~month until they started testing everyone again regardless of jab status. Now in an apparent panic they pause entirely "looking for a new lab". Many occupations test MUCH more than once every 2 weeks. A whole lot test daily.

Also keep in mind when reading this word salad, the article is dated April 2021. A whoooole lot has changed since since April of this year. They come out of the gate deflecting with "well shucks, testing rates are way down ya'll, so just move along.

While much of the world pressed on with the distribution of COVID-19 vaccinations in April 2021, testing for the disease had decreased drastically — in the U.S., for example, from a peak of 2.29 million a day on Jan. 6 to just under 750,000 a day less than two months later.

What does that have to do with the question at hand? Absolutely nothing, but that's Snopes for you! More word salad follows, but has this buried in there.

It is important to note that clinician guidelines obtained by Snopes highlight that COVID-19 tests are not approved by the FDA but have been authorized under an emergency use authorization.

Normally that would be an important distinction and not some random throwaway line. Final cherry picking from me below.

“Human and animal studies consistently show that EtO can be hazardous to human health. Short-term exposures to EtO can cause respiratory irritation and lung injury, shortness of breath, headache, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea,” wrote the U.S. Department of Labor Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) in a 2009 report. “Long-term exposure over many years may cause cancer, reproductive effects, genetic changes, and damage to the nervous system.”

Admittedly probably low levels of exposures, but that low level being jabbed up into your NOSE which is tied to your respiratory system? Test being administered daily for a year+ would certainly quality as long term exposure.

This is me posting and analyzing myself, in my own words, information from a site most here take as gospel truth. I've not done any "research" before reading Snopes just now. On my drive home I heard a throwaway line of "new concerns over PCR testing containing carcinogens". That's it, so I went right to Snopes to see what they had to say. If/when replying, please only discuss in your own words what Snopes has to say. Don't post orangemanbad memes or some throwaway link to a some "fact check" by the mainstream media that's maybe 2 sentences long. As bad as Snopes is, they do include more info in their word salad.

Might be worth saving a cache of this Snopes article. I wouldn't put it past them to do a new updated one, deleting this one and not referencing what they previously stated.

Last edited:
Back