Ready for the next Ice Age? Winter is coming.

We'll be seeing some more green in Greenland at this rate.

Rain falls on peak of Greenland ice cap for first time on record

Icebergs near Ilulissat, Greenland
Icebergs near Ilulissat, Greenland.

Rain has fallen on the summit of Greenland’s huge ice cap for the first time on record. Temperatures are normally well below freezing on the 3,216-metre (10,551ft) peak, and the precipitation is a stark sign of the climate crisis.
Scientists at the US National Science Foundation’s summit station saw rain falling throughout 14 August but had no gauges to measure the fall because the precipitation was so unexpected. Across Greenland, an estimated 7bn tonnes of water was released from the clouds.

The rain fell during an exceptionally hot three days in Greenland when temperatures were 18C higher than average in places. As a result, melting was seen in most of Greenland, across an area about four times the size of the UK.

We'll be seeing some more green in Greenland at this rate.

Pretty good! It's been over1,000 years since Greenland was last green & given it's name. Vikings had grape fields there is was so warm.

Taliban Vows to Help Fight Climate Change

“We hope not only to be recognized by regional countries but the entire world at large as the legitimate representative government of the people of Afghanistan,” Balkhi said, “who have gained their right of self-determination from a foreign occupation with the backing and support of an entire nation after a prolonged struggle and immense sacrifices despite all odds being stacked against our people.”

Balkhi added that the Taliban generally see a “unique opportunity” to join the world in combating climate change and other international issues.

Afghan workers unload bricks from a kiln in the outskirts of Kabul, as the brick-making season begins, 19 April 2007. More than 600 business executives and experts began meeting in Singapore on 19 April to discuss how the corporate world can help tackle the threat of climate change. The two-day Global Business Summit for the Environment is the first major international conference focusing on business and the environment in Asia, according to the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). AFP PHOTO/SHAH Marai (Photo by SHAH MARAI / AFP) (Photo credit should read SHAH MARAI/AFP via Getty Images)
Afghan workers unload bricks from a kiln in the outskirts of Kabul, as the brick-making season begins, 19 April 2007. More than 600 business executives and experts began meeting in Singapore on 19 April to discuss how the corporate world can help tackle the threat of climate change. The two-day Global Business Summit for the Environment is the first major international conference focusing on business and the environment in Asia, according to the UN Environment Programme (UNEP). AFP PHOTO/SHAH Marai (Photo by SHAH MARAI / AFP) (Photo credit should read SHAH MARAI/AFP via Getty Images)
“We believe the world has a unique opportunity of rapprochement and coming together to tackle the challenges not only facing us but the entire humanity,” Balkhi said, “and these challenges ranging from world security and climate change need the collective efforts of all.”

Balkhi warned that victory against climate change, among other issues, “cannot be achieved if we exclude or ignore an entire people who have been devastated by imposed wars for the past four decades.”

Just weather, right?

World now sees twice as many days over 50C

The number of extremely hot days every year when the temperature reaches 50C has doubled since the 1980s, a global BBC analysis has found.
They also now happen in more areas of the world than before, presenting unprecedented challenges to human health and to how we live.

The return of an old classic:

‘Larger than usual’: this year’s ozone layer hole bigger than Antarctica

Scientists say ozone hole is unusually large for this stage in season and growing quickly
I came here to post the same thing but from this article. It has a cool animation

Bring it!!! Never once in my life have I seen a September cold front in Fort Lauderdale! Late October is the earliest I can remember, and even that is very rare.

Potent storm system is dragging cold front as far south as Florida

A hearty storm that dusted the northwest with summer snow will ooze a cool front into Florida this week, teasing a small chance that it will reach the state’s most southern regions.

National Weather Service meteorologists in Miami championed “our first autumn cold front” that will hit the Panhandle today before it gets hung up near Orlando or potentially drifts to the Keys by early Monday.

Rebel weather models and the Weather Prediction Center show the front making the final push to clear South Florida, but climatology is betting against plunging temperatures in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties.

To add some anecdotal, I've just walked to the local supermarket and didn't need a jacket. I can't remember that ever happening on January 1st before. (Caveat that I completely missed a lot of new year's days on account of still being at a party.) It's usually sub-zero at this time of year.

New Year's Day is warmest on record in the UK, Met Office says

To add some anecdotal, I've just walked to the local supermarket and didn't need a jacket. I can't remember that ever happening on January 1st before. (Caveat that I completely missed a lot of new year's days on account of still being at a party.) It's usually sub-zero at this time of year.

New Year's Day is warmest on record in the UK, Met Office says

We've had a bit of a cold snap. Overnight temps went down to -15C. My lodge has been running as a warming center for the homeless and sprinkler froze in the building where my shop is resulting in a couple of inches of water coming through the ceiling (hit some stock but most is fine). Polar bear swim was pretty nippy this year and the water temperature was around 4C (more typically 6C to 8C I believe but it's pretty hard to tell the difference quite frankly).

Back