President Elect Trump watch

Hahaha.... he's on top form today - don't let anyone take his 'phone away:
4-face-with-tears-of-joy.png

I know he can't stop thinking about Clinton but this continued attempt to outdo her in starting WW3 is becoming increasingly dangerous:
Russia to target planes from US-led coalition flying over parts of Syria
Russian defence ministry says planes flying west of Euphrates river will be targeted after US military downs Syrian air force jet
Russia has said it will target any plane from the US-led coalition flying west of the Euphrates river over Syria after the US military shot down a Syrian air force jet on Sunday.

Russia’s defence ministry said it had been given no warning by the US, and that as a consequence it was also suspending coordination over the “de-confliction zones” that were created to prevent in-the-air incidents involving US and Russian jets engaged in operations in Syria.

The armed forces act somewhat independently from the government since at lesst th 60s
Weren't you one of those claiming a good reason to vote for Trump was that this would happen if Clinton got in?
I'm sure it still would have but using it as an excuse to vote for Trump is now completely bankrupt.
-EDIT-
It was already bankrupt awhile ago but this only emphasises the point.

Last edited:
Weren't you one of those claiming a good reason to vote for Trump was that this would happen if Clinton got in?
I'm sure it still would have but using it as an excuse to vote for Trump is now completely bankrupt.
Hillary is a neocon or wholly owned subsidiary. This means that her inclination is in the same direction as the armed forces and intelligence agencies. Trump is inclined contrary-wise. This means that the army has had to create it's own escalation despite Trump as opposed to receiving a rubber stamp from Clinton. To that end I think it has delayed the war with Russia. However, the armed forces are now taking very strong action that I think is being run outside of presidential control. He has been hemmed in pretty effectively as a Russian "Manchurian Candidate" in many people's minds making it harder to take any action against his rogue forces. I don't think Trump ordered his air force to start shooting down Syrian air planes but I do think it has become politically difficult for him to now tell his forces to stop doing that.

... the army has had to create it's own escalation despite Trump as opposed to receiving a rubber stamp from Clinton. To that end I think it has delayed the war with Russia.

Can you point to any evidence of this? I see nothing of the sort other than confirmation bias.

However, the armed forces are now taking very strong action that I think is being run outside of presidential control.

Again, were this happening under Clinton and regardless of her previous pronouncements, you would not extend her such benefit of doubt (nor would I) and I don't see any reason to extend it to Trump. Especially given the fact that we are talking about a man who lies, to use his own, ironically and unintentionally accurate terminology, with an "unpresidented" frequency and has done for decades.

This seems to be boiling down to:
Clinton threatens to do it - evil war monger.
Trump actually does it - poor guy has no choice.

That type of reachy, mental gymnastics effectively gives him a free pass on anything he may do.

Let's assume for a moment that your outlandish scenario were true.
It immediately throws up a number of contradictions but perhaps one of the simplest and most obvious is this:
Here we have a president who can't keep his flappy-lie-hole shut about any perceived slight, even when it is obviously in his best interests to do so (see this whole Russia farce). Yet you appear to think he has been forced, against his presidential will, to effectively commit acts of aggressive war and murder, and chosen not to even drop hints, let alone whine about it.
That is simply absurd.

And all the while he is also threatening war on other fronts, each of which we would both vehemently criticise Clinton for but Trump escapes your criticism because you've convinced yourself he is somehow not to blame where every other president would be.

During the run-up to the UK EU referendum you told me, "Don't be a coward. Vote to leave".
I return those same words to you now. Don't be a coward. Admit you made an error of judgement with this narcissistic charlatan.

Last edited:
Can you point to any evidence of this? I see nothing of the sort other than confirmation bias.
Yup. That's mostly what I have. I think Trump is getting worked over to do what he is told by what is being called the "deep state" these days. I believed that Obama was going to do something about changing the direction of US foreign policy but he was not allowed to either. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he genuinely wanted to close gitmo and change the US relationship with the other powers to be more magnanimous and I believed he wanted a better health care system. He wasn't able to manage these things, and what would have been, I presumed, his natural ally "Occupy", he helped dismantle. I didn't expect him to run an assassination operation against Osama - I think he may not have really been that into it but when they lost a chopper and half of Abbottabad saw it - he kind of had to move to put the best spin on it. He was, in general, amazingly unprogressive.

Even back in the Bush days while I was very critical of Bush I tended to say that I thought it was Cheney who was running the government, not Bush.

This seems to be boiling down to:
Clinton threatens to do it - evil war monger.
Trump actually does it - poor guy has no choice.
Clinton said she would. Trump said he wouldn't. So that makes Trump a liar - or he is just ending up doing what everyone before him has ended up doing - going along. Clinton was pre-going along. I thought Trump would have a bit more personal power to be a bit more disruptive - he did have a lot of energy on the campaign trail but everyone has their limits I guess. He says a lot of dumb stuff, but for a lot of people, saying he'd like to get along with Russia was one of those dumb things rather than an election winning position. I think he meant it when he said that the US and Russia should cooperate more, and maybe even for business reasons. Perhaps he has received a better offer, or maybe an offer he can't refuse. It's generally true that people leave the Whitehouse much wealthier than they went in. Maybe the "I can't be bribed" boast was, "I can't be bribed by the small amounts all those other guys got bribed by".

Yet you appear to think he has been forced, against his presidential will, to effectively commit acts of aggressive war and murder, and chosen not to even drop hints, let alone whine about it.
That is simply absurd.

I don't think he was forced to commit acts of aggression. I don't think it works that way. I think the military will often go and do what they think they can get away with and get the sitting president to carry water after the fact (and it is generally better for the president to take credit post facto than to publicly admit he isn't in control of the military.
And all the while he is also threatening war on other fronts, each of which we would both vehemently criticise Clinton for but Trump escapes your criticism because you've convinced yourself he is somehow not to blame where every other president would be.
As I said before, Clinton had already bought into the neo-con agenda, she publicly espoused it. That is why she was favoured. Trump spoke against it and was continually under huge attack. Even after he surprisingly prevailed he has been under massive fire from the intelligence agencies which means, in my opinion, but not only mine) that the deep state still doesn't see him as being on side. That is to say, I think Trump is still a disruptive force holding his own opinions because the state apparatus is still trying very hard to get rid of or tame him.

I think Trump is getting worked over to do what he is told by what is being called the "deep state" these days.
If that is the case, they've done such a good job of persuading Trump of the need to change his mind on attacking Syria that he now appears to want an attack on Syria more than they do.

Trump said he wouldn't. So that makes Trump a liar...

That makes Trump a liar?
Trump is such a well documented, long time, compulsive bullshitter that I more or less predicted this very lie in a direct response to your concerns about Clinton, last October.
I questioned why anyone would take anything he says at face value, given his record.
You didn't respond at the time.

I think Trump is still a disruptive force ...

Me too.
And I still think that's the only real reason you favour him. He's certainly entertaining, in a car-crash kind of way.

I have zero problem with Trump blasting the fake Liberal Media, I actually appreciate it. They pandered to Obummer to the point of literally talking about getting tingles up their leg, and ripped into a beaten down Bush who cowered away. They aren't legitimate news sources, they are propaganda pieces for Globalists/Liberals. He is entitled to speak his mind against these criminals as he has the same First Amendment rights as any other American. His attacks on the Liberal Media are sticking too. CNN (Clinton News Network) in particular may not survive. Anyone who watches CNN anymore for "news" are slackjaw yokels.

Excuse me for bringing facts into this but...

CNN Has Its Most-Watched 2nd Quarter Ever

Go find my post in the Fake News thread which will explain all too you. Under cover cameras caught multiple CNN sources admitting to being Fake News about Trump, because it brings in ratings. You really think once these facts are out the viewership will remain up?

Clickbait sites have some of the highest traffic on the internet, but do you personally trust "Satire" sites as legitimate news sources? That's all CNN is today, a "Satire" clickbait TV network.

I have zero problem with Trump blasting the fake Liberal Media, I actually appreciate it. They pandered to Obummer to the point of literally talking about getting tingles up their leg, and ripped into a beaten down Bush who cowered away. They aren't legitimate news sources, they are propaganda pieces for Globalists/Liberals. He is entitled to speak his mind against these criminals as he has the same First Amendment rights as any other American. His attacks on the Liberal Media are sticking too. CNN (Clinton News Network) in particular may not survive. Anyone who watches CNN anymore for "news" are slackjaw yokels.

Here's a little context for Robert.

'Morning Joe' co-host: Trump may be 'mentally ill'

06/08/17 09:40 AM EDT

MSNBC "Morning Joe" co-host Mika Brzezinski said Thursday President Trump is "not well," and even possibly "mentally ill."

"I think he's such a narcissist, it's possible that he is mentally ill in a way," Brzezinski said. "[H]e's not well. At the very least he's not well."

So Trump doesn't roll over and play dead like Bush did, despite the Liberal Media unloading every weapon they have trying to destroy him. Good for him for putting Fake News sources in their place for being the garbage propaganda they are.

.. displaying his petty insecurities for the whole world to see in the most pathetically childish way imaginable?

No, nor do I. It's often hilarious.

And right on cue:

It's about the best thing ever. While I agree with you it is hilarious and at times cringe worthy, I don't think it is petty. I think it is needed, badly, for a long time now. You'd probably have to be over here watching the tripe they put on TV daily to really understand why I say this. From the local stations all the way up to the biggest cable news networks, there has been absolutely no attempt to accurately "report news". Ever since Trump became a real threat to win the whitehouse, they dropped any pretense of balance and are openly trying to destroy the man. They've been on a scorched earth policy against Trump and anyone connected with him whatsoever for about a year now, a scorched earth policy built on complete lies and fabrications in most instances, yet they feign butthurt when he tweets something about them? A f***ing TWEET? They can go f*** themselves as far as I'm concerned. I have no pity for the machine Joseph Goebbels built.

BTW, is Trump a narcissist? By dictionary definition no, but modern interpretation probably. He certainly has an elevated self image. I just find it funny that everyone whining about Trump being a narcissist never said a word about Obama. If Trump is a narcissist, Obama is one on steroids.

Back