President Elect Trump watch

redrumloa

Reaction score
Who exactly is petty here? Once again the left responds to criticism with threats of violence.

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Donny Deutsch responded to President Trump’s tweets about two of the show’s hosts, Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough by telling President Trump he would meet him in the schoolyard.

Deutsch said, “If somebody said this about my daughter, and I — once again, I’m going to elevate the conversation. Donald, if you’re watching, we’re from Queens. I’ll meet you in the schoolyard, brother. You need to be schooled.”

redrumloa

Reaction score
LMMFAO! Besides being surprised these libertards are heterosexual, this is just about exactly what I would expect. So now we know what started their butthurt about Trump and it is as shallow as you would expect.

Back to the important, not petty at all, government business:

Reports: No Intimidation, Scarborough Sought Help from WH to Stop Tabloid Story About His Affair with Brzezinski

MSNBC Morning Joe host Joe Scarborough reportedly approached the White House seeking help in preventing a story about his affair with co-host Mika Brzezinski from being published in the National Enquirer — a story that differs from his account spelled out in a Washington Post oped published on Friday.

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I'm not sure that he is tweeting his own tweets or whether he has a PR team to do that but I think I am starting to see what it's about. Clearly modern politics is not about policy, it's about personal attacks (as we have seen in the media as well as from candidates and the president) and he plays that game with vigor. The CIA is a hydra and it's hard to fight them directly but you can undermine its "information" outlets (and presumably in the long game replace them with your own but I don't think that Trump has a long game - unless his family takes it over but then we'd need a hereditary emperor - though we have already tested the waters of family dynasties in the US.

Robert

Reaction score
I'm not sure that he is tweeting his own tweets or whether he has a PR team to do that

I'm happy to believe that most of those I've posted here are, if not tweeted directly by Trump, at the very least dictated.
There are other tweets that appear on his timeline which have a different style and seem not to come directly from him but most on this thread follow his long-established tweeting (and speaking) style.

but I think I am starting to see what it's about.

Starting to see? Strikes me what you're actually starting to do is figure out a way you can rationalise this Twitter-based-arseholery that isn't critical of your guy. ;)
It's still about what it has always been about for Trump: Trump.
Specifically how great Trump is and how anyone he disagrees with is SAD, LOW-RATED and a LOSER.
He has been tweeting this way for at least five years and acting that way for decades.

Clearly modern politics is not about policy, it's about personal attacks (as we have seen in the media as well as from candidates and the president) and he plays that game with vigor.

"plays the personal attack game with vigor" has to be one of the most grandiose euphemisms for acting like a spoiled little cunt that I've ever read. I like it and will no doubt use it myself in future. :D

The CIA is a hydra and it's hard to fight them directly but you can undermine its "information" outlets

I think you're perhaps reading a little too much into his tweets.

The idea that his tweeting style is part of some grand strategy to undermine the CIA strikes me as so absurdly and blindingly, dazzlingly obviously ludicrous that you're either at the wind up or you really need to go back and look at just how long Trump has behaved in this manner.
If you do that and still think it's part of a strategy, you would have to believe that his entire persona was set up decades ago with the aim of undermining the CIA in some distant future.

What next? His ridiculous hair style is a long-running tactic to subvert the FBI?

Sometimes what appears to be pathetically childish name calling by someone who is famous for pathetically childish name calling is actually pathetically childish name calling.

Last edited:

FluffyMcDeath

Reaction score
I'm happy to believe that most of those I've posted here are, if not tweeted directly by Trump, at the very least dictated.
Sure, OK, but it doesn't even really matter.

Starting to see? Strikes me what you're actually starting to do is figure out a way you can rationalise this Twitter-based-arseholery that isn't critical of your guy. ;)
Bernie is my guy. The guy that's in right now is the guy I think they deserve for shafting Bernie. And, as far as that goes, I am pretty satisfied with minor reservations.
Specifically how great Trump is and how anyone he disagrees with is SAD, LOW-RATED and a LOSER.
He has been tweeting this way for at least five years and acting that way for decades.
Exactly, and that is why I am thinking it may just be the correct strategy since a) it seems to have gotten him this far despite even his own party trying to stop him and b) it's what the media has been doing to him since at least the start of his campaign and being a creature of the media he seems to have the same instinct. The main arguments against Trump have been that his hair is stupid, he is stupid, his hands are small, he says China funny - oh and "all 17 intelligence organisations say Russia helped him win" - but never is there evidence, nor does anyone ever get round to listing the 17 agencies. So, the press deserve this fight on this level and they both seem to have chosen it because they believe this is the level where the voters think. They are probably right so it is probably the right place to fight.
There has been an intellectual veneer among the population that will look critically at issues and such, but those that think that Trumnpo is an idiot will continue to think it whether it is true or not because that is the side they are on and those that think the news lies ... well, that's everybody really, isn't it? Anyone trust the news still? But those on the other side will believe that the media that says Trump is an idiot is true, shall we say, and the media that thinks Trump is alright is fake news. So trump has very little to lose by these tweets and the media gets to fight among themselves about who is the less fake news, so in a way the media infighting tends to validate the fake news narrative and gradually degrades both sides.
The idea that his tweeting style is part of some grand strategy to undermine the CIA strikes me as so absurdly and blindingly, dazzlingly obviously ludicrous that you're either at the wind up or you really need to go back and look at just how long Trump has behaved in this manner.
Well, let's just call it the deep state as that label seems to be in vogue and is more encompassing than CIA anyway. The media companies and weapons companies and other instruments of state (the privately owned state apparatus which works and greases the public apparatus) has been working very hard to shed this administration. It hasn't managed it yet.
Sometimes what appears to be pathetically childish name calling by someone who is famous for pathetically childish name calling is actually pathetically childish name calling.
And even if it is just that but has been working for years then it is a politically good instinct.

redrumloa

Reaction score

redrumloa

Reaction score
Wrestling is known theater, a male soap opera. Donald Trump is referencing a male soap opera he has actually appeared on, Kathy Griffin was mimicking actual ISIS beheadings.

19601429_1752473678111327_2917993306713726216_n.jpg

Robert

Reaction score
The guy that's in right now is the guy I think they deserve for shafting Bernie.

Well, I think we can agree on that.
-EDIT-
And given what you said previously, it wouldn't matter anyway because Bernie would be shooting Syrian jets down by now and threatening North Korea and Iran.

And even if it is just that but has been working for years then it is a politically good instinct.

Of course Trump's brand of public arseholery will always appeal to a percentage of the population and can be 'successful' but I don't see that as any reason to be particularly impressed by it or, indeed, those who lap it up.

metalman

Reaction score
DDxaQ-XXkAAhyJv.jpg

How Trump dominates the news cycle

Step 1: Trump Tweets
Step 2: Media over reacts "undignified!!!" "Not a statesman compared to %LastRepublicantToLoseCampaign%!"
Step 3: Media clutches pearls "Look how unfairly we're being treated!" "anonymous sources say! "

Rinse, repeat