President Elect Trump watch

Technically they are coming from "Donald Trump" either by his hand or by his handlers. At least he isn't sending tweets from the POTUS. However, since he holds that office you object that he still messages in the same manner that he messaged before he was elected.
I guess I could go along with that to a certain extent but that wall is down and the horse has bolted. Obama was cool and hip with his tweets which is unpresidential in another way arguably. However, the Donald is only giving as good as he gets. You'd like him to fight with one arm behind his back but it's plainly a mud slinging competition and I don't see his enemies ready to act similarly professional. Innuendo, smears and outrage are the currency of the current battle and there are no wins to be found on the high ground in such things. All the self-horn-tooting and slagging off the other guy - it's kind of like watching the Apprentice.
In the face of the extremely paranoid and groundless accusations about Russia and Putin and Manchurian candidates, keeping the focus on petty and occasionally hilarious tweets eating up the news cycle is perhaps less offensive than continued misstatements about all 17 branches of US intelligence agreeing on such and such.

they can keep talking about how Putin manipulated the elections but they were manipulated by the same Republican machine that fiddled the election for Bush. The Republican party didn't want Trump, but once they were stuck with him they still wanted to win the election so they scrubbed the voter rolls of black and hispanic people as usual but the Democrats would never dare (as Gore didn't) to undermine faith in the electoral system by pointing out the domestic fraud and cheating that goes on. I'm not sure how much less damage they think they do by blaming Russia, but they hate Russia and they hate Trump so might as well wrap them all up together I guess.

Right. Robert stated right off the bat he doesn't like Trump simply because he's a blowhard. Everyone knows Trump likes to run his mouth, but that doesn't mean he is always wrong. The attacks against him are pretty unprecedented. Bush II got some of this, but as soon as he would roll over like a turtle on it's back, they'd back off some. Trump doesn't back down so the level of "fake news" propaganda against him is staggering. He keeps hitting back and they keep escalating their lies. How long until CNN releases a photoshopped image of Trump in a Klan outfit eating a kitten as real is what I want to know?

Pointing out this scumbag's daily arseholery became so tedious that for awhile I really couldn't be bothered anymore but his latest trick tickled me enough to mention it.

Time to take out some more families.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "not really up to him" and "not really his fault" etc, etc, etc.

How long until CNN releases a photoshopped image of Trump in a Klan outfit eating a kitten as real is what I want to know?

Do I predict these things or not? The mouth breathing idiot Libertards are spreading tons of Photoshopped images of Trump in Klan garb. When you call them out they claim it is real, when you point out it is clearly photoshopped, they say they don't care it is real. CNN themselves are now claiming Trump is a KKK member.

Only thing left is for them to claim is he ate a live kitten.

Pointing out this scumbag's daily arseholery became so tedious that for awhile I really couldn't be bothered anymore but his latest trick tickled me enough to mention it.

Time to take out some more families.

Yeah, yeah, I know, "not really up to him" and "not really his fault" etc, etc, etc.

Troubling but also remember that Bannon was trying to get the Afghan war contracted out to Erik Prince. So far Trump is following a very similar path to the Obama path in Afghanistan - he says he doesn't want to send more troops but does it anyway.
On Syria Trump is more successfully pushing for less involvement and letting the Russians and Iranians clean up their backyard. Even though Obama seemed to be trying to hold back the neocons on that he still ended up having to sign off on putting troops in, and Trump hasn't been able to get them out. This is US foreign policy as usual. No president is allowed to mess with it to any great degree. One wonders if Hillary, the architect of the glorious victory in Libya, would fare better.

Troubling but also remember that Bannon was trying to get the Afghan war contracted out to Erik Prince. So far Trump is following a very similar path to the Obama path in Afghanistan - he says he doesn't want to send more troops but does it anyway.
On Syria Trump is more successfully pushing for less involvement and letting the Russians and Iranians clean up their backyard. Even though Obama seemed to be trying to hold back the neocons on that he still ended up having to sign off on putting troops in, and Trump hasn't been able to get them out. This is US foreign policy as usual. No president is allowed to mess with it to any great degree. One wonders if Hillary, the architect of the glorious victory in Libya, would fare better.

She bragged about how she would invade North Korea, so I think not.

So far Trump is following a very similar path to the Obama path in Afghanistan - he says he doesn't want to send more troops but does it anyway.

You say that as though it should be seen as some sort of surprise; "Man who struggles to complete a sentence without lying caught lying."

You say that as though it should be seen as some sort of surprise; "Man who struggles to complete a sentence without lying caught lying."
No, I say that as someone who finds it not surprising at all that when a president says he intends a thing there is no great expectation that he will do it - especially where there is a history of presidents who also couldn't.
We can assume that Trump was lying when he said that he didn't want to put more troops and Obama was telling the truth - either way it doesn't really matter. Obama could have been lying (we don't really know for sure) and Trump could have been telling the truth and the outcome would still be the same. Presidents can't just do what they want. The state is it's own machine. A president can either be sand in the gears or grease - but he can't really change the machine.

Good to see him start getting the band back together.

What's Wolfowitz up to these days?

Can Coe-lin be coaxed out of retirement?

Condi?

Is Rumsfeld still alive?

So many known unknowns...

Donald Trump likely to scrap Iran deal amid 'insane' changes of stance, says Macron
Emmanuel Macron conceded he had probably failed in his attempt during a three-day trip to Washington to persuade Donald Trump to stay in the Iran nuclear deal, describing US flip-flopping on international agreements as “insane”.

The French president had hoped to convince Trump to continue to waive sanctions on Iran, as agreed by the 2015 nuclear deal, in which Iran agreed to accept strict curbs on its nuclear activities. Macron offered Trump the prospect of negotiations on a new complementary deal that would address Iranian missile development and Tehran’s military intervention in the Middle East.

But speaking to US reporters before leaving Washington, Macron said: “My view – I don’t know what your president will decide – is that he will get rid of this deal on his own, for domestic reasons.”

I'm no fan of Macron and none of this is remotely surprising but I still find myself, perhaps bizarrely given the last two years, feeling a little disappointed when reading things like this.

Need some more McCain-type Barbara-Ann comedy to cheer me up Mr. Trump:

I'm no fan of Macron and none of this is remotely surprising but I still find myself, perhaps bizarrely given the last two years, feeling a little disappointed when reading things like this.
So ... what was traded in the missile strike on Syria? What designs of France are impacted by the Iran deal? (Or more specifically what interests of the French ruling class are served by the deal) and what is the downside of abrogating the deal? Does it signal a return to the US taking the lead in the middle east and north Africa and cutting out the French again who were getting more of a share of the action lately?
Of course, Trump isn't alone in calling for a reworking of the agreement (or ripping up the agreement) - there are a lot of neo-cons pushing for him to do just that.

Not just neocons, but the entire Deep State.

1946 Trump was born.
All through his life and through his campaigning he was a dove. For 70 years he was a vocal dove.
Beginning of his presidency in 2016 and early 2017 he continues to be a dove.
April 9, 2018 Trump Lawyer's office is raided by the FBI.
The following week Trump becomes a hawk, authorizing bombing of Syria.

There are no coincidences in life. They have something on him and are forcing his hand.

Back