Obama will unilaterally attack Syria Thursday

Intelligence on Syria is much like the intelligence on Iraq.
(a cherry pickin' good time)

RT claiming Saudi backed Al Qaeda rebels were responsible for gas attack:

http://rt.com/news/syria-sarin-saudi-provocation-736/
Nice, but if they're so sure I'd love to see any real evidence of this. Considering the delivery method of the gas, the Saudis would need to send many massive trucks deep into Syria to conduct such a raid. And these trucks would need to fire missiles with distinctive design specifications and markings that indicate that they were in fact Syrian. No, not impossible, but pretty far fetched.

If you wanna toss around false flag theories that are actually plausible, here's one: The Russians told the Syrians to use the chemical weapons and they'll do all they can to blame al-Qaeda and the rebels and make them look like they performed a false flag operation thus casting doubt on any further Western intervention. And when Obama starts talking about red lines Syria will volunteer to disarm and thus come out not only unharmed but ahead of the game - the rebels are now more isolated and uncertain of their own future. Chemical weapons after all are a strategic weapon, and in this case the strategy would be to discredit the rebels. You might also think that requires too much brilliance on the part of Putin to come up with such a slick gambit but he gets daily google analytics reports from his RT.com project. He knows there's enough suckers out there that will nourish his seeds of doubt for him, which is all this plan would need.

If you wanna toss around false flag theories that are actually plausible, here's one: The Russians told the Syrians to use the chemical weapons and they'll do all they can to blame al-Qaeda and the rebels and make them look like they performed a false flag operation thus casting doubt on any further Western intervention....

Okaaaaay..... However, I'm not sure what makes you think that's any more plausible than the reported story, other than your transparent desire for it to be so.

Nah, it's plenty more plausible. Both sides have fired rockets at each other but I'd be surprised if the rebels had anything the size of what the UN inspectors found in the debris of the chemical attacks. Some of the rockets used are commonly mounted on the back of a pickup truck, but these things require a lorry. And they were many of these spent rockets found, so the rebels would need a fleet of them, all maintained and fueled and combat ready. So far Syria hasn't presented us with any evidence of a captured or destroyed rocket launch system of that caliber. You'd think with an air force and radar systems they'd have been able to at least photograph one.

The other thing to remember is that most rebel fighters, even Hezbollah fighters on Assad's side, are not very sophisticated. Like I said above, both sides have tube rockets mounted on trucks that can easily range over a kilometer but for some reason they tend to get nice and close to their enemy and fire those things almost completely horizontally. The reason is, if you wanna fire those things at range you need proper gear and proper training. A bunch of guys firing rockets from a truck don't have much chance of actually hitting anything with real precision at a reasonable range. To do that, you need proper gear and proper training and as far as I can tell only the Syrian army has that capability. The Syrian rebels came under a sustained attack with both conventional and chemical weapons which proved to be very effective. That strongly points the finger at the Syrian army.

During the Iraq war, quite the big stink was made when the US used cluster munitions against Saddam loyalists in the early days of the war. There are many reasons to oppose these weapons and people were right to voice their concern. However, we now see them being used in Syria so where's the outrage from those who opposed their use?

Big {bleep} secret, Israel wants Assad gone. Wow, what an eye opener. What's next? Saudi Arabia wants to get rid of Assad? Actually, what might be more interesting might be what nation in the region, aside from Iran, actually backs Assad?

Actually, what might be more interesting might be what nation in the region, aside from Iran, actually backs Assad?
And that's the point really. Syria is all about Iran. Israel and Saudi Arabia want to topple Iran. Syria is just a proxy war.

It's all about how you report it.

When terrorists blow up a hospital we are told that they captured a ruined hospital ... so long as they are terrorists we support. By the same logic, Timothy McVeigh captured a ruined federal building.

Wow, that article is spot on. It really is all about how you report it. After reading that you'd think al-Qaeda is backed by NATO. Also, it really helps if you believe every single lie the Assad regime puts out there. Western journalists - a pack of liers. Assad - he's a good guy to be trusted. Thanks Fluffy, but can you answer me this? When did you become such a fool?

Speaking of al-Qaeda, those actually backed by some Western nations (not NATO actually) are taking on al-Qaeda head on: 34 jihadists dead after rebel clashes in Syria's Idlib: NGO

As I've said before, there are more than two sides to this war. No reason to help Assad or al-Qaeda. By us not doing anything we are only helping both Assad and al-Qaeda.

Irony_Iron_by_Pauhx.jpg

Western journalists - a pack of liers. Assad - he's a good guy to be trusted. Thanks Fluffy, but can you answer me this? When did you become such a fool?

You Saddam apologist. How you seem to love putting words in my mouth. Build a strawman, knock it down. Big whoop.
Speaking of al-Qaeda, those actually backed by some Western nations (not NATO actually) are taking on al-Qaeda head on: 34 jihadists dead after rebel clashes in Syria's Idlib: NGO
And some FSA are joining up with the government forces. Shifting sands. in fact, killing jihadists merely strengthens Assad's hand. You should be upset the jihadists are getting killed. After all, you are willing to sacrifice a lot of Syrians to get rid of a guy that a large percentage of Syrians still support. It's not a country full of religious loonies that hate each other ... yet.
As I've said before, there are more than two sides to this war. No reason to help Assad or al-Qaeda. By us not doing anything we are only helping both Assad and al-Qaeda.
Assad is destroying his chemical weapons. Al-Qaeda have made no such promises to destroy theirs.

Back