#notmywar

Ukrainian MOD's turn to spout lies. This is actually Ukrainian soldiers surrendering to Russia. First casualty of war, etc..
F7H41UcWgAAzaIp

It's remarkable how global this seems to be. I heard they were saying "gas the Jews" while they were marching in Australia and nothing happened.
Indeed. There have been multiple rallies in my home town since October 7th where some of the anti-Jewish sentiment has been alarming. "Pro-Palestine" is increasingly being hi-jacked Jew haters.

Getting back to the Russians, Putin blames Ukraine for the increasing anti-Jewish sentiment. That "Jewish Nazi" Zelensky is supposedly organising mobs looking for Jews to kill. “The events in Makhachkala last night were instigated through social networks, not least from Ukraine..."
So nothing to do with Putin's own anti-Jewish statements, but rather the fault of his Jewish enemy.

"Admit" strikes me as an odd word to describe something I don't see many on either side denying.
As for the decade, it's arguably even longer.
The current conflict started in 2014 after the coup and the attempt to suppress the Russian speaking populations of Eastern Ukraine. Over in the US it's customary to ignore that bit and pretend that the war started in February of 2022.

The current conflict started in 2014 after the coup and the attempt to suppress the Russian speaking populations of Eastern Ukraine.
Oh, we're playing this game?
Again? OK...
The current conflict started in 2014 after Russia illegally invaded and occupied sovereign Ukrainian territory under pretence of protecting Russian speakers. This was compounded in February 2022 when Russia launched a full scale invasion and unsuccessfully tried to take over the entire country.

We've all heard of false flag but this is taking things a bit literally.
GB7AwaNXUAAn7L0

Everyone ready for denazifying Moldova to protect Transnistrian Russian speakers?
Moscow laying groundwork for Moldova invasion
The Kremlin is using “very similar” rhetoric towards Moldova as it did before its invasion of Ukraine, the Institute for the Study of War reported.
The think tanks says Moscow’s methods are “likely” designed “to set conditions to justify possible future Russian escalation against Moldova”.
Addressing the Transnistria conflict, yesterday, Sergei Lavrov, the Russian Foreign Minister, made a series of allegations that mirror those directed at Ukraine ahead of Russia’s annexation of Crimea and its full-scale invasion.
His allegations included falsely claiming that the US and EU control the Moldovan government. He also claimed that there are about 200,000 Russian citizens in Transnistria, and that Russia is “concerned about their fate” and “will not allow them to become victims of another Western adventure.”
The Kremlin has used the idea of protecting its “compatriots abroad” to justify Russian occupation of Transnistria since 1992 as well as its full-scale invasion of Ukraine, the ISW reported.
“The timing of a possible Russian hybrid operation in Moldova is unclear, but the Kremlin is setting informational conditions to make it possible soon,” it said.

Is this the most drawn out Darwin award in history? Going back to Russia after being poisoned. Whether through bravery, stupidity or a mixture both, whatever way you slice it, his eventual, "accidental" death was practically guaranteed.
Perhaps once Carlson has regained his composure after being blown away by the new-fangled-futuristic Russian technology of coin-return shopping trollies, he can ask some probing questions.

Pro-Russian social media in love with the Pope again for saying you should surrender if you get invaded.
If they had concluded negotiations back when they were talking there would be more Ukrainians alive today than there currently are and Ukraine would be in less debt to Europe and the US. However, Boris told Zelensky not to negotiate and the UK would back them and now here we are.

If they had concluded negotiations back when they were talking
Like the MInsk Accords?
there would be more Ukrainians alive today than there currently are
And a lot more Russians.
Add to that those that remained would be forever subservient to Russia.
The only conclusion that Putin would've accepted was Ukraine surrendering to his land grab. I know you're in favour of that, along with the Pope, but I don't blame them for wanting to fight to hold onto their territory. Just like I never blamed Iraqis for fighting back against US/UK invaders. By your (and the Pope's) logic, they should all have just hoisted the white flag as that would have meant less of them dead.
In the face of adversity - surrender!
Related - an interesting clip recently appeared on Reddit of a call between Macron and Putin from a couple of days before the full scale invasion.

Last edited:
Back