#notmywar

Watching that I'm reminded of my initial expectations that Kiev would be taken and Zelensky replaced by a pro-Russia puppet within a fortnight. Quite amazing that 8 months on, not only are they still fighting, but they've been reclaiming some of their lost territory. Of course, the pendulum could easily swing back the other way, but the outcome isn't anywhere near as predictable as I first thought.

And those only sourcing Western MSM could be forgiven for thinking everything is going Ukraine's way at the moment but that's not entirely accurate. This looks like a reasonably important scalp for Russia/DNR:

Old Popey-boy appears to have disappeared down the same "Russia is innocent" rabbit hole as Roger Waters.
Not really Russians that are doing the cruelty because Russians are inherently good guys and would never dream of doing such a thing. Must be, ehh, mercenaries, aye, mercenaries. And even if it is exclusively the work of mercenaries, he doesn't seem to have considered who is paying them.

Old Popey-boy appears to have disappeared down the same "Russia is innocent" rabbit hole as Roger Waters.
Not really Russians that are doing the cruelty because Russians are inherently good guys and would never dream of doing such a thing. Must be, ehh, mercenaries, aye, mercenaries. And even if it is exclusively the work of mercenaries, he doesn't seem to have considered who is paying them.
As you have disappeared down the "'merica din do nuffin'" rabbit hole that the never lying media has marinated you in for the last decade and a half at least.

As you have disappeared down the "'merica din do nuffin'" rabbit hole that the never lying media has marinated you in for the last decade and a half at least.
That is quite the accusation. You seem to be confusing acknowledgment of Russian wrongdoing with absolution of American wrongdoing. Can you point me to any instances of "'merica din do nuffin'" from me?

That is quite the accusation. You seem to be confusing acknowledgment of Russian wrongdoing with absolution of American wrongdoing. Can you point me to any instances of "'merica din do nuffin'" from me?
No more than the one you made about Popey-boy and Roger Waters. It appears to be open season for the uttering of broad but shallow smears.

No more than the one you made about Popey-boy and Roger Waters. It appears to be open season for the uttering of broad but shallow smears.
Roger Waters claimed reports of invading Russian troops committing atrocities were lies by Western media. The "'merica din do nuffin'" equivalent would be me claiming reports of invading US troops committing atrocities were lies. I've never made such a claim. Nor have I even made such a claim about Ukrainian troops. Of course, you already know this. And, of course, you couldn't point to any instances to back up your accusation of "'merica din do nuffin'" because there are none.
Since we're on the subject of rabbit holes, I fondly remember the days when you were not reduced to throwing baseless "broad but shallow smears" at other posters. Still, keep them coming if it makes you feel better.

As an aside, despite my disdain for Waters' current idiocy, I adore his live shows and have just spent a stupid amount of money to see one again next year.

First post from Patrick in 5 days. I might not be a big fan but I'm glad he's OK. I was beginning to worry he'd been drafted.
I just went to check his latest posts and Twitter now has his account with a sensitivity warning, which I've not noticed before. Aside from that it's now a week again since he posted last.
paddy_l.png

weird...I'm not getting that notification on his profile. I wonder why?

More Twitter weirdness
I've noticed other weirdness...and since it's impossible to really see what's going on, or even replicate a weird situation, the few employees left are way too busy to fix these things right now

Back