George Zimmerman found not guilty

@Fluffy
Congrats on coming around to the truth.

So are you saying that you have changed your views on this case?

point is ...hes in texas...which is a "whole nother country". tho presumably not the austin area... ;)... hes an armed man (scary) known to be hair trigger (even scarier) and make bad judgement calls due to mental health issues and prescription drug use/possible abuse(this guy is off the reservation). id shoot that rabid prick on sight. dsaf. hmm... that was almost too easy... sucks when a human life comes to that... :(

So are you saying that you have changed your views on this case?
No, not really. It matters not what Trayvon was like, what other things he had done etc. Zimmerman was guilty of not realizing that carrying a pistol penis doesn't turn you into a tough guy and doesn't let you get out of you vehicle and confront people with immunity. Zimmerman is at the least guilty of being a dumbass and should have been charged with some variation on manslaughter - murder was probably always the wrong thing to focus on because murder involves premeditation. What I found interesting is the involvement of a PR company. PR companies are often involved in starting wars. The Zimmerman/Martin case never deserved national attention - it wasn't really a national level big deal (then again, most of the national news isn't).

The jury decided what they decided based on what was presented in court. Zimmerman still provoked an unnecessary situation and precipitated an unnecessary death. There should have been some sanction but the prosecution was going after the wrong things and fighting for things they should have known they couldn't get. I don't base any of this on what I think of Trayvon because that is not relevant. However, I can see how the involvement of a PR company specifically playing on emotions has caused a small picture tragedy to become some anthem of the race war.

When you are the worlds only super-power and you are so concerned about making sure that no-one can ever rise to challenge to your dominance you spend all your time, as they said of the immediate military response to the hijacked aircraft of 9/11, looking outward at external threats and forgetting about the threats within. The US is every bit as divided as the Sunni/Shia middle east and it's exploitable by enemies especially when those in power don't give a damn about social justice. I'm thinking I just might live long enough to see this empire fall. Interesting times.

Fluffy, when this entire thing happened the big controversy was that Zimmerman didn't get charged. The demand at the time was that a trial was needed to get all the facts and to properly decide if Zimmerman acted correctly. For me that was the bare minimum, not so much a conviction and I understand that how the Florida laws are written a conviction was unlikely.

I also understand how a minority, especially a disadvantaged one, can fan it's own flames of rage when this sort of thing happens. There is also the social media aspect to take into consideration. Stories like this can quickly become international news, just look at the Rehtaeh Parsons tragedy. That story had no real internal significance but it made the international press. And who fanned those flames? Was there a PR group behind it? Only Anonymous from what I can tell.

Zimmerman was guilty of not realizing that carrying a pistol penis doesn't turn you into a tough guy and doesn't let you get out of you vehicle and confront people with immunity.

Do we live in a drive through Safari Park??

The Safari Principle” i.e. George Zimmerman should not have gotten out of his car.
So your saying that a prudent citizen should know to remain in their vehicle, doors locked, windows up, when there are young black males in the vicinity, because if we get out of our vehicles, we deserve whatever happens, and we shouldn’t blame the animals who act on instinct and are unable to reason, and certainly not shoot them in self-defense if attacked

just look at the Rehtaeh Parsons tragedy. That story had no real internal significance but it made the international press.

Kids get bullied all the time, kids kill themselves. We have seen those stories before but this case is an abomination (though it wasn't really a national impacting case on its own) because there was no way she had to go through all of that if the EXISTING LAWS HAD BEEN ENFORCED! The abject failure of law enforcement to enforce the law was a wonderful platform for Harper government to tack "cyber" onto the front of a bunch of crimes so he could look tough on a whole new crime class AND get through legislation that helps to make sure that the intelligence services can snoop on the internet whenever they want. No new laws were necessary BUT what a great opportunity. She died and Harper got an excuse to spy on us all. If the police had done their job it likely would have ended differently.

Adding news laws will just make things worse - enforce the laws we have and excuse the cops from busting kids for smoking reefer and increasing small town revenues with traffic tickets and get back to stopping people who are hurting other people.

So your saying that a prudent citizen should know to remain in their vehicle, doors locked, windows up, when there are young black males in the vicinity, because if we get out of our vehicles, we deserve whatever happens, and we shouldn’t blame the animals who act on instinct and are unable to reason, and certainly not shoot them in self-defense if attacked
Perhaps not everyone would know that, but a person with neighbourhood watch training who had already notified the police of a suspicious person would certainly know that.

No, not really. It matters not what Trayvon was like, what other things he had done etc. Zimmerman was guilty of not realizing that carrying a pistol penis doesn't turn you into a tough guy and doesn't let you get out of you vehicle and confront people with immunity. Zimmerman is at the least guilty of being a dumbass and should have been charged with some variation on manslaughter - murder was probably always the wrong thing to focus on because murder involves premeditation. What I found interesting is the involvement of a PR company. PR companies are often involved in starting wars. The Zimmerman/Martin case never deserved national attention - it wasn't really a national level big deal (then again, most of the national news isn't).

The jury decided what they decided based on what was presented in court. Zimmerman still provoked an unnecessary situation and precipitated an unnecessary death. There should have been some sanction but the prosecution was going after the wrong things and fighting for things they should have known they couldn't get. I don't base any of this on what I think of Trayvon because that is not relevant. However, I can see how the involvement of a PR company specifically playing on emotions has caused a small picture tragedy to become some anthem of the race war.

Congrats! It only took you 5 months to come around to my original opinion which is much different than your first opinion.

Perhaps not everyone would know that, but a person with neighbourhood watch training who had already notified the police of a suspicious person would certainly know that.
We know he knew not to get out of the car because we heard the 911 call where he was told not to.

Back