Democrat 2020 candidates.

It's good to see the DNC has finally chosen Biden's successor. Only question is, will she wait until after the election to push him down the stairs?

I am starting to genuinely question if the Dems want to lose! It makes no sense, but their picks of Biden and Harris makes negative sense!

Kamala Harris’s Final Poll Number in Home State of California: 7%

Kamala Harris Plummets to 1% with Black Democrats After 2nd Debate

DONALD HARRIS SLAMS HIS DAUGHTER SENATOR KAMALA HARRIS FOR FRAUDULENTLY STEREOTYPING JAMAICANS AND ACCUSES HER OF PLAYING IDENTITY POLITICS

Reminder :lol:

117393393_10224900904258621_4004382090532279598_o.jpg

Is there anyone here excited about the Biden/Harris ticket? Is there anyone here who truly believes Biden/Harris is a better option to Trump/Pence? My circle of friends and family is pretty diverse. I'm not seeing any full throated endorsement of the Dem ticket. I'm not seeing any endorsement really. All I hear or see is either crickets or Trump support.

-edit-
I am truly starting to believe the Dems want to lose this election. I just have no clue what their long game is. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want. I'm open to hearing the draw of the Biden/harris ticket, if any exists.

-edit #2-
I will not ridicule you if you are excited about Biden/Harris. I am genuinely curious.

Last edited:
Is there anyone here excited about the Biden/Harris ticket?

I can't answer for anyone but myself. And that answer is no. Absolutely not. They're terrible.

Is there anyone here who truly believes Biden/Harris is a better option to Trump/Pence?

Again, this is only myself, but somehow Biden/Harris still appears to be the better option, yes.

Trump's completely botched handling of the current pandemic is a big deciding factor for me on this. I know Trump has downplayed the virus to try to keep markets somewhat steady. But there are times when there are things more important than the stock market. Evidence shows this was absolutely the wrong approach. Both in terms of human life, and the stock market. And I don't think it's an approach Biden/Harris would have taken. Every other President has shown reasonable responses to world health threats.

But, instead, Trump has repeatedly chosen to abuse and disregard Fauci's advice, and duck and dodge responsibility, while blaming the people who have consistently been telling the truth the best they know.

Also, Trump's complete devastation of public education (DeVos), the FCC (Pai), and hell, even the post office.... Inexcusable.

His executive action to defer payroll taxes? WTF is that?! Sure, Social Security is on a path that it'll need to "only" cut benefits to 79% of what they currently are in 15 more years. Let's miss out on a bunch more funding for it! Who needs Social Security, anyhow? Why would I want to collect something from a system I've paid into all my life? Gen X is definitely the generation that is getting fucked here.

And his undermining of the electoral processes, just before the election? If he was truly concerned about this he should have investigated it three years ago. I'd have supported him then. But now? It is completely impossible to justify this as anything other than a scheme to try to cast doubt on results that won't favor him.

There are probably a bunch more I could list here if I wanted, too. I was never a fan of Trump, but I didn't think he'd do this much damage, either.

So no. Absolutely not. I do not want another four years of this.

My circle of friends and family is pretty diverse. I'm not seeing any full throated endorsement of the Dem ticket. I'm not seeing any endorsement really. All I hear or see is either crickets or Trump support.

Well, I've said this from the first page of this thread. I don't think it's possible to be excited about Biden.

And even despite that, I see about even signs around here between Trump and Biden. If the election were today, Biden would carry Michigan, I have no doubt about that, now. Of course, a lot can still change in a few months.

-edit-
I am truly starting to believe the Dems want to lose this election. I just have no clue what their long game is. Call me a conspiracy theorist if you want. I'm open to hearing the draw of the Biden/harris ticket, if any exists.

IS there one? Other than it's four wasted years that might not be quite as bad for the country as four more years of Trump.

Maybe there will be a sensible choice in 2024. If there's still a country by then.

I can't answer for anyone but myself. And that answer is no. Absolutely not. They're terrible.

Again, this is only myself, but somehow Biden/Harris still appears to be the better option, yes.

Trump's completely botched handling of the current pandemic is a big deciding factor for me on this. I know Trump has downplayed the virus to try to keep markets somewhat steady. But there are times when there are things more important than the stock market. Evidence shows this was absolutely the wrong approach. Both in terms of human life, and the stock market. And I don't think it's an approach Biden/Harris would have taken. Every other President has shown reasonable responses to world health threats.

But, instead, Trump has repeatedly chosen to abuse and disregard Fauci's advice, and duck and dodge responsibility, while blaming the people who have consistently been telling the truth the best they know.

Also, Trump's complete devastation of public education (DeVos), the FCC (Pai), and hell, even the post office.... Inexcusable.

His executive action to defer payroll taxes? WTF is that?! Sure, Social Security is on a path that it'll need to "only" cut benefits to 79% of what they currently are in 15 more years. Let's miss out on a bunch more funding for it! Who needs Social Security, anyhow? Why would I want to collect something from a system I've paid into all my life? Gen X is definitely the generation that is getting fucked here.

And his undermining of the electoral processes, just before the election? If he was truly concerned about this he should have investigated it three years ago. I'd have supported him then. But now? It is completely impossible to justify this as anything other than a scheme to try to cast doubt on results that won't favor him.

There are probably a bunch more I could list here if I wanted, too. I was never a fan of Trump, but I didn't think he'd do this much damage, either.

So no. Absolutely not. I do not want another four years of this.

Well, I've said this from the first page of this thread. I don't think it's possible to be excited about Biden.

And even despite that, I see about even signs around here between Trump and Biden. If the election were today, Biden would carry Michigan, I have no doubt about that, now. Of course, a lot can still change in a few months.

IS there one? Other than it's four wasted years that might not be quite as bad for the country as four more years of Trump.

Maybe there will be a sensible choice in 2024. If there's still a country by then.

Thanks for the honest reply. I disagree with your remarks mostly, I see it differently, but to each his own.

I don't know, maybe this should be in the Riddle Me This thread.

Kamala Harris Refused to Prosecute Priests’ Sexual Abuse After Church’s Lawyers Funded Her Campaign

“The numbers are pretty stunning. From 2004 to 2011, Kamala Harris was the San Francisco [district attorney] responsible for all prosecutions and the prosecution team in the San Francisco area. Between 2004 and 2011, she did not prosecute a single case of priests’ sexual abuse–period.”

Schweizer continued, “To put that in the context of how stunning that is, if you look at the top 50 metropolitan areas in the United States at that time, all 50 prosecuted at least one case, the sole exception being Kamala Harris in San Francisco.”

The Dems don't mind Trump. He's doing a lot of things they'd like to do but politically can't.They don't like that he's trying to bring the troops home and they don't like that he's messing with their money fountain (China), but they'd let him have 4 more years. It would give them some time to work out their woke infestation. OTOH the deep state hates him.

Right there's the problem. For way too long the Democratic party has been the party of elite navel gazing over "micro aggressions" and other such nonsense. Everyone's either a victim or a racist! And we don't need a serious platform. It's good enough we're not them! If you're on our side, you're not a racist! Except for all the convicted racists that were on our side, but we won't look at those. For all our contradictions, we can't possibly get anything assembled or done. But here we are! Vote for us, or else you're voting for them, you white privileged bastard!

Meanwhile the Republican party has been highly effective. Unfortunately, they've been highly effective at dismantling every single citizen protection law, consumer protection law, and public institution they can find in order to funnel huge sums of money to their friends, generally breaking capitalism and hurting our country. Personally, that's not a goal I support... But they pretty much are what they say they are, and they've been highly effective at it, nevertheless.

Right there's the problem. For way too long the Democratic party has been the party of elite navel gazing over "micro aggressions" and other such nonsense. Everyone's either a victim or a racist! And we don't need a serious platform. It's good enough we're not them! If you're on our side, you're not a racist! Except for all the convicted racists that were on our side, but we won't look at those. For all our contradictions, we can't possibly get anything assembled or done. But here we are! Vote for us, or else you're voting for them, you white privileged bastard!

Meanwhile the Republican party has been highly effective. Unfortunately, they've been highly effective at dismantling every single citizen protection law, consumer protection law, and public institution they can find in order to funnel huge sums of money to their friends, generally breaking capitalism and hurting our country. Personally, that's not a goal I support... But they pretty much are what they say they are, and they've been highly effective at it, nevertheless.
That sounds remarkably similar to what has happened in the UK over the last decade or so. I think it's symptomatic of what has happened to the traditional left-of-centre parties in both our countries too; they've allowed themselves to be taken over by ever-decreasing circles of perma-offended arseholes who don't actually stand for anything because they're to busy standing against everything.

I usually don't pay any attention or care to who other politicians endorse, but this one caught my eye. Rick Snyder, a lifelong Republican, who was the best governor of Michigan I can remember, on why he's voting for Biden.

I usually don't pay any attention or care to who other politicians endorse, but this one caught my eye. Rick Snyder, a lifelong Republican, who was the best governor of Michigan I can remember, on why he's voting for Biden.

Biden would bring whatever the people with their hands up his backside want him to bring. Joe Biden is no more. The zombie wasps are reanimating and controlling his corpse. If he makes it into the Whitehouse it would be only a coupe of months before the first black woman president of the USA.

Biden would bring whatever the people with their hands up his backside want him to bring. Joe Biden is no more. The zombie wasps are reanimating and controlling his corpse. If he makes it into the Whitehouse it would be only a coupe of months before the first black woman president of the USA.

That's certainly a thought worth considering. It's an especially frightening thought when you consider how many of the checks and balances have been chipped away over the past couple decades. That is a whole lot of Executive power in basically unknown hands. And now you can couple it with a vacuum of power in most of the major government agencies.

And I'm not real happy about Harris, either. I'd feel somewhat better if there was a better-established, stable, and stronger VP.

Make no mistake. I don't want to vote for Joe Biden. Every presidential election in the past two decades I've said we couldn't manage to have a worse pair of candidates from the two big parties. And yet each time I keep getting proved wrong by the selections of the next pair.

Indeed. That does seem to be the backup plan. In no scenario would Joe be the president if he were to win the election. The primary goal seems to be to make Nancy Pelosi president though. The whole unsolicited ballots to every American (including dead ones and family pets) is about creating enough havoc that the election cannot be called in 2020. That would mean the Speaker Of The House would become president. They are pretty open about this. See Hillary Clinton stating that under absolutely no circumstances should Biden concede the election should he lose.

Last edited:
Back