Democrat 2020 candidates.

redrumloa

Reaction score
Who is going to step forward and be a real threat to Trump? Honestly the bench does not look deep. Yes, I have an obvious bias, but I am hearing similar things from left leaning friends. One person who is toast but doesn't know they are toast, is Elizabeth Warren. Even her home town paper is rolling their eyes at her.

Elizabeth Warren racks up another Dukakis moment

0102-NWS-BHR-L-warren98.jpg

With the beer vid — trying to sell herself as your average beer-swigging multimillionaire former Harvard Law prof who’s a champion of the middle class — Warren has racked up two strikes in short order. Three strikes and … it could be just Beto O’Rourke vs. Kamala Harris on the left side of the Democrats’ debate stage.

President Trump will undoubtedly enjoy tweeting jibes at any of them, but he has a special place in his heart for Warren … an easy target. You can say what you like about Trump, but he never pretends to be anything but himself — that’s what people either love or hate about him.

If Warren wants to survive 2019 as a candidate, she may want to find some better advisers who will encourage her to be natural and herself. The only problem with that? Pushing frauds and tall tales actually seems to be who she is.

Who is going to step forward and be a real threat to Trump? Honestly the bench does not look deep. Yes, I have an obvious bias, but I am hearing similar things from left leaning friends. One person who is toast but doesn't know they are toast, is Elizabeth Warren. Even her home town paper is rolling their eyes at her..

No, it's not your bias, it's been a really quiet field for the Dems so far. A lot of people have been keeping their heads down.
1) Bernie.
His "Lightning in a bottle" moment was stolen from him in 2016, and while he's been active since then doing necessary work, he hasn't been actively building his chances. I seriously question whether he's able to catch and resonate with people like he did in 2016. Unclear how he'd stand up to a direct Trump attack. It seems as if Trump has always been quite wary of Bernie, and was probably glad he didn't have to risk kicking that hornet's nest in the general election.

2) Smilin' Joe Biden.
He's a pretty safe establishment choice. He'd be rollin' in the big corporate money. Not exactly an exciting choice for voters, though. I don't think this is the cycle you want to run an unexciting candidate, but I could totally see it happening that way. Not the best public speaker either, though. But he might be able stand up adequately, especially if he sticks to the moral high road. As crazy as it sounds, at this point, he kind of looks like the most likely choice.

3) Elizabeth Warren.
Often outspoken to the point of absurd. Doubles down on bad positions as much as Hillary did. Would get picked apart and destroyed by Trump. She is generally as unliked by corporate donors as Bernie, but doesn't carry the charm and solid populist record of Bernie to get the common voter excited without big money. She'd likely be an unmitigated disaster.

4) Beto O'Rourke.
Sounds great, until you actually look a little deeper at him. To me, he looks like he's been lined up and poised to get the Ocasio-Cortez treatment. Before a vote, though. Can't see him going anywhere, yet. But he's the perfect token populist Democrat to push forward just enough to be destroyed by the establishment Democrat in the primary. Thus ensuring the establishment choice skates through.

5) Cory Booker.
Could be a strong dark horse. Poised to pull in big corporate money, for all the good and bad that does for him. Younger, and has potential to be more exciting to voters than Biden. Sound public speaker. Has kept very low profile so far, which probably is a pretty sound strategy.

6) Kamala Harris.
Honestly, I don't know much about her, so I'll reserve judgement. Has been keeping fairly quiet. Might be another dark horse?

No, it's not your bias, it's been a really quiet field for the Dems so far. A lot of people have been keeping their heads down.
1) Bernie.
His "Lightning in a bottle" moment was stolen from him in 2016, and while he's been active since then doing necessary work, he hasn't been actively building his chances. I seriously question whether he's able to catch and resonate with people like he did in 2016. Unclear how he'd stand up to a direct Trump attack. It seems as if Trump has always been quite wary of Bernie, and was probably glad he didn't have to risk kicking that hornet's nest in the general election.

2) Smilin' Joe Biden.
He's a pretty safe establishment choice. He'd be rollin' in the big corporate money. Not exactly an exciting choice for voters, though. I don't think this is the cycle you want to run an unexciting candidate, but I could totally see it happening that way. Not the best public speaker either, though. But he might be able stand up adequately, especially if he sticks to the moral high road. As crazy as it sounds, at this point, he kind of looks like the most likely choice.

3) Elizabeth Warren.
Often outspoken to the point of absurd. Doubles down on bad positions as much as Hillary did. Would get picked apart and destroyed by Trump. She is generally as unliked by corporate donors as Bernie, but doesn't carry the charm and solid populist record of Bernie to get the common voter excited without big money. She'd likely be an unmitigated disaster.

4) Beto O'Rourke.
Sounds great, until you actually look a little deeper at him. To me, he looks like he's been lined up and poised to get the Ocasio-Cortez treatment. Before a vote, though. Can't see him going anywhere, yet. But he's the perfect token populist Democrat to push forward just enough to be destroyed by the establishment Democrat in the primary. Thus ensuring the establishment choice skates through.

5) Cory Booker.
Could be a strong dark horse. Poised to pull in big corporate money, for all the good and bad that does for him. Younger, and has potential to be more exciting to voters than Biden. Sound public speaker. Has kept very low profile so far, which probably is a pretty sound strategy.

6) Kamala Harris.
Honestly, I don't know much about her, so I'll reserve judgement. Has been keeping fairly quiet. Might be another dark horse?

7) Hillary Clinton.
She simply refuses to accept her window of opportunity has slammed shut, yet is openly talking about another run. Would be an unmitigated disaster.

4) Beto O'Rourke.
Sounds great, until you actually look a little deeper at him. To me, he looks like he's been lined up and poised to get the Ocasio-Cortez treatment. Before a vote, though. Can't see him going anywhere, yet. But he's the perfect token populist Democrat to push forward just enough to be destroyed by the establishment Democrat in the primary. Thus ensuring the establishment choice skates through

I don't know a ton about him, but what little I've seen has not impressed me. Putting that aside, he has his own fairly cringe video.

Middle aged and can still ride a skateboard somewhat, begging for it to go viral. These politicians doing these "viral" videos are trying too damn hard. Do they really think millennials will be impressed? More likely they will see this instead.

0cf9c1f320c8327ce274a3038bb372de--simpsons-funny-los-simpsons.jpg

:rolleyes:

AKA, as described in Essence:

Whether it’s your mom, an aunt, a friend or yourself, chances are you know someone in your sister circle who is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated. Founded in 1908 at Howard University Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority was the first African-American organization of it’s kind. Notable members include Phylicia Rashad, Toni Morrison, Maya Angelou and Alicia Keys — just to name a few. There are over 290,000 women who make up the organization and the sorority recently celebrated its 109th anniversary.

The "Skee Wee" sound is a registered trademark of the AKA sorority.

I don't know a ton about him, but what little I've seen has not impressed me. Putting that aside, he has his own fairly cringe video.

Middle aged and can still ride a skateboard somewhat, begging for it to go viral. These politicians doing these "viral" videos are trying too damn hard. Do they really think millennials will be impressed? More likely they will see this instead.

This video was taken at the Whataburger at the intersection of San Bernardo & Calton Rd in Laredo during his TX Senate campaign against Ted Cruz last year

This video was taken at the Whataburger at the intersection of San Bernardo & Calton Rd in Laredo during his TX Senate campaign against Ted Cruz last year

All of those videos still make me think he is the perfect decoy candidate to be built up and then crushed by an establishment candidate. I'd bet that would be the path for Biden or Booker, should it go that way.

All of those videos still make me think he is the perfect decoy candidate to be built up and then crushed by an establishment candidate. I'd bet that would be the path for Biden or Booker, should it go that way.

That might be a mistake. The establishment media and both major political parties tried this with Trump, and it backfired. That backfire is largely why we see such extreme trump Derangement Syndrome.

That might be a mistake. The establishment media and both major political parties tried this with Trump, and it backfired. That backfire is largely why we see such extreme trump Derangement Syndrome.

Yeah, but Beto is way more cringe-worthy and easier to attack on nonsense, and way easier to attack on records and issues, than either Trump or Bernie were. I think they learned their lesson well.

Yeah, but Beto is way more cringe-worthy and easier to attack on nonsense, and way easier to attack on records and issues, than either Trump or Bernie were. I think they learned their lesson well.

Trump was extremely raw at first. I initially didn't trust him (I was a Rand Paul guy) and some of his faux pas were cringe. His such extreme exposure helped win me over since after dismissing bluster, there was substance to him. I personally feel vindicated for voting for him.

What I worry is others getting the same feeling for someone with no real convictions, pushing a dangerous idealism. Voter IQ is looking pretty awful at the moment.

Elizabeth Warren Claimed Native American Heritage On Texas Bar Application

Warren-620x363.jpg

The main issue has been her use of the heritage in furthering her professional life. The question (largely unproven) has been whether Warren benefitted in ways by being regarded as a minority. At Harvard, the school touted Warren as a Native American, and she declared this was a result of her attributing herself in that way in official forms.

Well that didn't take long. Democrats do nothing but pander to black voters, usually in extremely embarrassing ways like this.

Kamala Harris’ Claims Of Smoking Weed In College While Listening To ‘Snoop, Tupac’ Backfire Hilariously

There was only one small problem with this answer. A quick google search tells us that Harris graduated from Howard University in 1986 and University of California Law School in 1989. Snoop and Tupac weren’t making music back then.

Tupac released his debut album 2Pacalypse Now in late 1991 and Snoop Dogg’s first studio album, Doggystyle, was released on November 23, 1993. According to Wikipedia, Snoop made an appearance on Dr. Dre‘s debut solo album The Chronic in 1992.

By the time the two artists began recording, Harris was working as a deputy district attorney.

Ilhan Omar Says She’s Fully Reformed: ‘I Learned’ How Antisemitism Hurts

Omar’s remarks came only after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and other House Democrats Leadership members condemned her the tweets and urged her to apologize. “Congresswoman Omar’s use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters is deeply offensive.” the lawmakers said. “We condemn these remarks and we call upon Congresswoman Omar to immediately apologize for these hurtful comments.”

Nonetheless, House Democrat Leadership decided to keep the anti-Israel lawmaker on the highly-influential Foreign Affairs panel.

-edit-
She's not declared as a 2020 candidate. I'd bet she would have been before this snafu.

Omar’s remarks came only after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and other House Democrats Leadership members condemned her the tweets and urged her to apologize.
The Dems are just as owned by AIPAC as the Republicans are. Israel has bought the US government with US taxpayers money.

Back