Anti-evolution movie making liberal reviewers furious!

redrumloa said:
I will say one thing though, just looking at the borderline rabid responses in this thread alone, Ben is on to something.

You could say the same thing if he was walking through a maternity ward shooting newborns in the head. "Oh look, he's really making people angry and upset. He must be tapped into some divine truth!"

Does not compute Red. Sometimes the guy that everyone thinks is an ignorant a$$h0le turns out to be just an ignorant a$$h0le, and not the misunderstood intellectual he claims to be.

redrumloa said:
I will say one thing though, just looking at the borderline rabid responses in this thread alone, Ben is on to something.

You could say the same thing if he was walking through a maternity ward shooting newborns in the head. "Oh look, he's really making people angry and upset. He must be tapped into some divine truth!"

Does not compute Red. Sometimes the guy that everyone thinks is an ignorant a$$h0le turns out to be just an ignorant a$$h0le, and not the misunderstood intellectual he claims to be.

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:
Negative, Batman. The "liberal reviewers" are not scientists, I didn't mention anything about scientists.
Sorry to expand my thought --- not all liberals are evolutionists, not all conservatives are creationists. I'm just doubtful that only the liberals were upset.

I think the liberal religious evolutionist has a right to be upset when Ben implies evolution leads to atheism which means Nazi death to jews. And especially more upset that when confronted on his errors Ben fails to accept responsibility. The film makers used it to support a point on how evil evolution must be. If they didn't believe it, it shouldn't have been made by him in the film. If Ben didn't believe it he shouldn't have been part of the project for he knew what this was all about. Of course some people, not all, are furious for his attack on them. I can see why this group may see it as hateful, insulting, and bearing false witness by Ben Stein.. Myself and others? No need for furious. We look and realize Ben's incredibly ignorant about evolution, history, and religion.

redrumloa said:
Negative, Batman. The "liberal reviewers" are not scientists, I didn't mention anything about scientists.
Sorry to expand my thought --- not all liberals are evolutionists, not all conservatives are creationists. I'm just doubtful that only the liberals were upset.

I think the liberal religious evolutionist has a right to be upset when Ben implies evolution leads to atheism which means Nazi death to jews. And especially more upset that when confronted on his errors Ben fails to accept responsibility. The film makers used it to support a point on how evil evolution must be. If they didn't believe it, it shouldn't have been made by him in the film. If Ben didn't believe it he shouldn't have been part of the project for he knew what this was all about. Of course some people, not all, are furious for his attack on them. I can see why this group may see it as hateful, insulting, and bearing false witness by Ben Stein.. Myself and others? No need for furious. We look and realize Ben's incredibly ignorant about evolution, history, and religion.

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

redrumloa said:

Yup the thread resurfaced it's ugly head. :D

Expelled, the Movie opened in Canada last weekend (cuz they hate Florida I guess) out of 27 theatres (if you count showing 3 per day at 3 days = 243 showings) they took in $24,374 or roughly $100 per showing.

Winnipeg had it in 1 theater, Vancouver 5

Expelled, the Movie opened in Canada last weekend (cuz they hate Florida I guess) out of 27 theatres (if you count showing 3 per day at 3 days = 243 showings) they took in $24,374 or roughly $100 per showing.

faethor said:

Wow. that's like 8 paying customers per show. I didn't realize that people were paying yet. I have a friend that went to see it but I guess it was a preview because she and a bunch of her pals scored free passes. She found the whole thing to be inane and insulting to the intelligence and that was the predominant opinion in the theatre by the end - the sense that, even though the pass was free, they'd never have that time back.

faethor said:

Wow. that's like 8 paying customers per show. I didn't realize that people were paying yet. I have a friend that went to see it but I guess it was a preview because she and a bunch of her pals scored free passes. She found the whole thing to be inane and insulting to the intelligence and that was the predominant opinion in the theatre by the end - the sense that, even though the pass was free, they'd never have that time back.

Back