Anti-evolution movie making liberal reviewers furious!

redrumloa

Reaction score
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/entertainme ... 2256.story

"Expelled" relies on the viewer's inability or unwillingness to wrestle with a complex corner of science, double-talking its way toward a "must be a miracle" solution to anything that science may not claim to have an answer for. Dismiss that for having no basis in fact, and you're infringing on "academic freedom."

Can't you just see the froth dripping down the sides of the reviewer's mounth? :lol:

I think I need to see this movie, I like anything that pisses the establishment off.

"Expelled" relies on the viewer's inability or unwillingness to wrestle with a complex corner of science, double-talking its way toward a "must be a miracle" solution to anything that science may not claim to have an answer for. Dismiss that for having no basis in fact, and you're infringing on "academic freedom."

Can't you just see the froth dripping down the sides of the reviewer's mounth? :lol:

I think I need to see this movie, I like anything that pisses the establishment off.

I checked some clips. Saved myself a few bucks by not going to see it. Was initially interested but it's got nothing.

If you are in any sense familiar with the evolution/creation debate (and ID *is* creationism) then you will see that the movie re-vomits all the worst creationist arguments, however, if you haven't followed the debate it would be a quick way to get all the worst of the creationist arguments so that you can go out and get repeatedly cut down for using the arguments against people that have heard them and shown them to be fallacious a thousand times already. In that sense, it does send a lot of fundies stampeding rather entertainingly to the slaughter.

If it gets fundies to run out and throw themselves in front of the train where maybe some real science can run over their silly ideas, then maybe it's a good thing. But for the most part I think it's just a cynical way to pick the pockets of the choir. Turns out it isn't really doing that effectively either. People seem to be staying away in droves.

You should be able to torrent it by now. I'm sure the "evolutionists" have ripped it and posted it by now, just so that more of them can watch it and have a laugh without getting ripped off for the ticket.

I checked some clips. Saved myself a few bucks by not going to see it. Was initially interested but it's got nothing.

If you are in any sense familiar with the evolution/creation debate (and ID *is* creationism) then you will see that the movie re-vomits all the worst creationist arguments, however, if you haven't followed the debate it would be a quick way to get all the worst of the creationist arguments so that you can go out and get repeatedly cut down for using the arguments against people that have heard them and shown them to be fallacious a thousand times already. In that sense, it does send a lot of fundies stampeding rather entertainingly to the slaughter.

If it gets fundies to run out and throw themselves in front of the train where maybe some real science can run over their silly ideas, then maybe it's a good thing. But for the most part I think it's just a cynical way to pick the pockets of the choir. Turns out it isn't really doing that effectively either. People seem to be staying away in droves.

You should be able to torrent it by now. I'm sure the "evolutionists" have ripped it and posted it by now, just so that more of them can watch it and have a laugh without getting ripped off for the ticket.

redrumloa said:

Post Script:
This movie seems to be in support of the oldest establishment there is, the one that got its teeth kicked in by the birth of science in the late 1700s, and has been trying to get back into power ever since.

redrumloa said:

Post Script:
This movie seems to be in support of the oldest establishment there is, the one that got its teeth kicked in by the birth of science in the late 1700s, and has been trying to get back into power ever since.

redrumloa said:

Post Script:

redrumloa said:

Post Script:

redrumloa said:

Post Script:

redrumloa said:

Post Script:

redrumloa said:
I like anything that pisses the establishment off.
Hm, personally I like such too... but I think I'd like this more because of the amazement. Because of the amazement of inbred retards being taken seriously.

redrumloa said:
I like anything that pisses the establishment off.
Hm, personally I like such too... but I think I'd like this more because of the amazement. Because of the amazement of inbred retards being taken seriously.

Back