Anti-evolution movie making liberal reviewers furious!

faethor said:
Yup the thread resurfaced it's ugly head. :D

Expelled, the Movie opened in Canada last weekend (cuz they hate Florida I guess) out of 27 theatres (if you count showing 3 per day at 3 days = 243 showings) they took in $24,374 or roughly $100 per showing.

Winnipeg had it in 1 theater, Vancouver 5
Wow. that's like 8 paying customers per show. I didn't realize that people were paying yet. I have a friend that went to see it but I guess it was a preview because she and a bunch of her pals scored free passes. She found the whole thing to be inane and insulting to the intelligence and that was the predominant opinion in the theatre by the end - the sense that, even though the pass was free, they'd never have that time back.

faethor said:

Expelled, the Movie opened in Canada last weekend (cuz they hate Florida I guess) out of 27 theatres (if you count showing 3 per day at 3 days = 243 showings) they took in $24,374 or roughly $100 per showing.

Wow. that's like 8 paying customers per show. I didn't realize that people were paying yet. I have a friend that went to see it but I guess it was a preview because she and a bunch of her pals scored free passes. She found the whole thing to be inane and insulting to the intelligence and that was the predominant opinion in the theatre by the end - the sense that, even though the pass was free, they'd never have that time back.

faethor said:

faethor said:

It's back!

The movie opened in Canada on June 27, 2008 at 36 theaters and grossed $24,374 with a premier at 20th closely behind Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, a Hindi language film.

RED --
Vivendi Entertainment state Expelled: No Intelligence to DVD on October 12th.

It's back!

The movie opened in Canada on June 27, 2008 at 36 theaters and grossed $24,374 with a premier at 20th closely behind Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic, a Hindi language film.

RED --

It's back!

RED --

It's back!

RED --

It's back!

RED --

It's back!

RED --

faethor said:
Where is the Christian 'thou shall not bear false witness?'

Well, to coin a well known saying, there only ever was one Christian and they nailed him to a cross.

faethor said:
Producer defends movie "The documentary links such scientists to Nazis. The reaction was what one would expect.

"We wanted to generate anger," Ruloff said.

"We always knew we'd get extreme anger on the one side and extreme support on the other. We also think we got extreme interest in the middle."
"

I still have not seen the movie, but the above statement is exactly what I expected. From the beginning I suspected they did it to be the mirror image of Donut Boy (Michael Moron).

redrumloa said:
... I suspected they did it to be the mirror image of Donut Boy (Michael Moron).

No. They did it to overthrow "material science" and "and to replace it with a science consonant with Christian and theistic convictions."

i.e. they want to put god into the science class even if he doesn't fit.

They seem to be of the opinion that science works by coming up with a catchy idea, slapping the word "theory" on it then advertising the heck out of it. They'd like to see "Design Theory" take over in biology but it would stand a better chance if there was such a thing as "Design Theory", but there isn't because they haven't developed one and probably won't ever develop one because it is scientific nonsense.

Current "Design Theory" work has been primarily focused on finding things that are hard to explain and (instead of attempting to explain them in their "framework") asking, "so, how does evolution explain that?". After asking, run away before they hear the explanation so that they can ask the question at a later time claiming they still haven't heard an explanation.

This sort of behaviour is generally considered annoying. That and the lying. That's also considered poor form, especially in science. Hence, the film gets people's hackles up.

FluffyMcDeath said:
redrumloa said:
... I suspected they did it to be the mirror image of Donut Boy (Michael Moron).

No. They did it to overthrow "material science" and "and to replace it with a science consonant with Christian and theistic convictions."
Great piece. I always love the misrepresentation of 'Darwinists'. As if evolutionary understanding has stood still since Darwin. There are a few big findings like... DNA, macro evolution, lots more intermediate fossils .

I'd be surprised if humans don't create cells made of our own designs of DNA that metabolize food, and are as much life as any single or small celled organism within the next 5-10 years. As we unravel more creates DNA we'll undoubtably better understand the patterns and be able to mix our own simple beings.
http://www.physorg.com/news147698448.html

faethor said:
I'd be surprised if humans don't create cells made of our own designs of DNA that metabolize food, and are as much life as any single or small celled organism within the next 5-10 years. As we unravel more creates DNA we'll undoubtably better understand the patterns and be able to mix our own simple beings.

Designer life will serve to strengthen the IDers though.

FluffyMcDeath said:
faethor said:

Designer life will serve to strengthen the IDers though.
Perhaps, but they might want to abandon the ID argument all together once they realize that with their own logic we could then declare ourselves to be gods - the creators of life.

Why are people irritated?

I think this explains why best.

Basically, I don't like being lied to.

Back