Undocumented Immigrants

Toronto Mayor Warns City Cannot Handle Surge in Asylum Seekers Amid Trump Immigration Crackdown

According to Carbone's report, the number of asylum claimants and refugees relying on Toronto's shelter system shot up from just 459 in 2016 to 3,209 as of June 20, 2018—a sixfold increase.

That's a rounding error in the US

The Border Patrol made 310,531 arrests during the fiscal year 2017, 415,816 arrests fiscal year 2016 on the southern border

Canada is for the US having no borders, why doesn't Canada have no borders? Canada can have our Democrats, we don't want them!

Dm5yXLUXoAAzybh.jpg

If they're such hard workers, why are their home nations all shitholes?

After a shooting suspect’s ‘reign of terror,’ a California sheriff blames the state’s sanctuary law

The drive-by shooting of a farm worker in an orchard,
robbing a gas station where he fired shots at the ceiling,
shooting a woman in a parked car near a Motel 6,
firing a volley of bullets into another gas station,
killing a man standing outside yet another gas station,
firing shots while on his ex-girlfriend’s property (with her kids present),
shooting at a police patrol car,
stealing a vehicle at gunpoint,
smashing into several cars while driving at 100 mph to escape the police.

ICE: Man arrested in deadly Tulare County, California rampage was deported twice before

Garcia had been deported twice — first in 2004 and then 2014. Before his second deportation, he had spent 27 months in federal prison for illegally reentering the country. Previously, he had been convicted of armed robbery.

This is beyond parody:
Tommy Robinson appeals for asylum status in United States

You mean this Tommy Robinson?
EDL leader jailed for being illegal immigrant after entering US on friend's passport

Well, he alternately called himself Paul Harris and Stephen Lennon back then but yes, that Tommy Robinson.

You mean the same Tommy Robinson who, when he isn't being convicted for assaulting people can most often be found campaigning against immigration and asylum seekers?

Well, he's also been convicted of various other things and it's his most recent conviction for contempt of court that has prompted the most ironic of tweets but yes, the same Tommy Robinson

From the Judge at his own illegal immigrant trial:
"You knew perfectly well that you were not welcome in the United States.

"You knew that because you tried before and you had not got in, and you knew the reason for that - because, rightly or wrongly, the US authorities do not welcome people in their country who have convictions of the kind that you have.

"What you did went absolutely to the heart of the immigration controls that the United States are entitled to have."
It would be oh, so very zeitgeist if The Donald waived US immigration rules to let him in.
:lol:

This is beyond parody:
Tommy Robinson appeals for asylum status in United States

You mean this Tommy Robinson?
EDL leader jailed for being illegal immigrant after entering US on friend's passport

Well, he alternately called himself Paul Harris and Stephen Lennon back then but yes, that Tommy Robinson.

You mean the same Tommy Robinson who, when he isn't being convicted for assaulting people can most often be found campaigning against immigration and asylum seekers?

Well, he's also been convicted of various other things and it's his most recent conviction for contempt of court that has prompted the most ironic of tweets but yes, the same Tommy Robinson

From the Judge at his own illegal immigrant trial:

It would be oh, so very zeitgeist if The Donald waived US immigration rules to let him in.
:lol:
If you are seeking political asylum the question isn't whether you want to sneak into a country but whether you are being politically persecuted at home. I think it's fairly clear that he hasn't done anything that justifies the jail time and solitary he has received (and the amount of nuisance prosecutions he endures, and the "visitors" he gets) but can he make a solid case that it is directed by his government? I mean, it probably is - not the elected one, but the real one, but can he make that case - especially against a "special relationship" country? Probably not.
Is his life in danger in the UK? Maybe, but I don't think - some people would like to kill you rises to the level required. You have to show that it's the government that wants to kill or jail you for your political views. I haven't looked into the latest ruling but it relates to the reporting ban that saw him locked up the last time and it looks like that really only happened to Tommy (Stephen) because of who he is and "they" don't like him.

If you are seeking political asylum the question isn't whether you want to sneak into a country but whether you are being politically persecuted at home.
Yet Tommy has made a good living while often conflating the two.
Until suddenly it's *him* seeking asylum.

None of the rest of this is relevant to my original point but I'll bite anyway:
I think it's fairly clear that he hasn't done anything that justifies the jail time and solitary he has received.

It's only fairly clear if your confirmation bias tells you it's fairly clear.
For me it's debatable - on the one hand, I would tend to agree that the severity of the initial sentence - for this offence - seemed unduly harsh.
On the other hand, it was within the sentencing guidelines and sometimes examples are made. Moreover, a criminal record, including a previous conviction for the same offence, never goes down well with a judge; didn't learn your lesson last time? Longer sentence this time. Even more than that, he was already serving a 3 month suspended sentence for it, handed out with a warning not to do it again. We still don't know what the sentence will ultimately be - should find out before the end of the week. It could be more lenient or it could be more harsh. However, it's extremely unlikely to be "sentenced to death, in the UK, for journalism" which Tommy claims.
Also on the other hand, he perhaps could have been treated more severely for some of his previous offences, which are numerous and varied, stretching back to before he was a public figure.
Still more on the other hand, why did "they" allow him out for a retrial at all?
And then there's his recent, caught on camera, attack on an England fan. That sort of behaviour often results in gaol time, especially for someone with his record. Now, it happened abroad so he hasn't even been charged but if "they" really were out to get him, don't you think more could have been made of it? Other than some Twitter outrage and his weak excuse, it barely registered. Where was the "nuisance prosecution" for that?
Or maybe "they" don't see persecuting him just for being a violent thug as helpful to their mission to stop him campaigning against asylum seekers and muslims?

I haven't looked into the latest ruling but it relates to the reporting ban that saw him locked up the last time and it looks like that really only happened to Tommy (Stephen) because of who he is and "they" don't like him.

It quite clearly wasn't only that. Sure, who he is made him more of a target but he knew he was on very thin legal ice and what might happen.

-EDIT-
Just been sentenced to 6 months, plus the activation of the 3 months suspended, minus 138 days time served. So should be a total of around 5 months but apparently I got lost somewhere with my arithmetic:
However, Robinson will only have to spend another 9.5 weeks in prison, before being released. And he could be released before that for good behaviour. One aggravating feature was Robinson's previous offending and suspended sentence for contempt. He has 11 convictions, including for violence.

Some of his supporters took the opportunity to pelt the police with milksh... oh, no, actual bottles and cans:
The crowd marched towards the Old Bailey chanting "we want Tommy out" before some began pelting police with drinks bottles and cans.

Officers donned their helmets as violent clashes erupted, reports the Press Association.

I'd expect him to appeal the sentence so probably more to come from this.

Last edited:
Back