Two explosions went off near the finish line of the Boston Marathon

Lord have mercy... :rolleyes:

What specifically was wrong about the above two points?

Year on year trust in government, both at federal and state seems to be crumbling, especially in the southern US. Katrina was one of dozens of examples that the likes of Alex Jones and Rush have had huge traction with. In Jones case it almost made him respectable outside of conspiracy nut circles.

It also tied Bush specifically to the plight of the Black majority who happened to have bore the brunt of the devastation. Whether you feel it was right or wrong, the GOP had according to some polls less than 1% of the black vote and with the exception of Cubans, lower percentages from minority voters with Katrina being one of the things cited.

To be fair I don't actually think the GOP is racist, any more than the democrats are. They're just slightly more overtly classist then the dems. By that I mean unless you have millions, you're not interesting to them outside of political points scoring.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

Yes we know it's hard to swallow your beliefs when the statistics show how wrong your beliefs are. But," You went full retard, man. Everyone knows you don't go full retard."
the only one retarded is you and your two ass lickers who don't look at the statistics

the only one retarded is you and your two ass lickers who don't look at the statistics
Since you are incapable of providing these statistics let's look again. As a reminder here's what you said
metalman said:
So why do home invasions and car jackings occur so rarely in Texas??
Burglaries: Texas is ranked #2
Car Jackings: The National Insurance Crime Bureau compared states for car theft per 100K population. 2006 Texas ranked 2nd. It still holds as 2011 LoJack ranks Texas 2nd and if you want here are the 2010 FBI crime statistics by State just in case you want to run some numbers and check that out.

I think it may be you that's not looking at the statistics. Second is not second best but second most crimes per capita for those events. Go here if you want to see more Texas Crime Rankings
and, of course, we need to compare gun ownership rates. I'll admit the ranking of 30th in 2007 is a bit old. So here's one newer 2010 Texas is ranked 33rd by gun ownership per capita . Seems some other States are buying guns faster.

What we can see is gun ownership rate does not track crime rates. Texas is in the middle of gun ownership per person and towards the top of crimes per person. You accused me of not reading the stats right. Now to be fair you put up no stats to be read. So go ahead and show your stats and I'll gladly read them.

Surely things like poverty, how many police are available and population density have a far higher impact on crime than anything else? Having guns might reduce younger, more flighty criminals. But for a veteran crim guns or no isn't going to make a lot of difference - it'd just be viewed as an occupational hazard...

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using Tapatalk HD

Since you are incapable of providing these statistics let's look again.
you're the one who went to argument by ad hominem, you must be incapable of understanding these statistics

burglaries and car thefts occur when the owner is not around, even dumb criminals don't want to get shot by their victim

I specifically sited "home invasions" and "car jackings" where the owner is present, and in Texas the odds of the owners being armed is very high

so the question is who is committing the crimes

Indicators of high crime rate are:
  • Urban areas have a much higher crime rate than rural areas
  • black % of population
  • Mexican % of population, Note: NOT Hispanic %, some Hispanic's , e.g. Cuban % indicates a much lower crime rate
  • Higher the % receiving welfare in the area, the higher the crime rate
Statistically Murders are committed by males 16-29 whose biological father lived them less than five years of their childhood and attended a high school with less than 50% graduation rate, which describes inner city males living in homes receiving welfare, e.g Washington DC, Detroit, New Orleans, ...

you have to cross reference crime statistics with demographics and incarceration rate

Texas is a white minority state per 2010 census
2010 census information

Texas
45% white
38% Hispanic ( mostly Mexican )
11% black
4% Asian

I would note that a black living in Minnesota is 31x more likely to be incarcerated than a white, so either the 83% of white Minnesotans are racist bastards, or whites are much more likely to be law abiding

you're the one who went to argument by ad hominem, you must be incapable of understanding these statistics
Using an ad hominem doesn't mean I can't understand statistics. It means I was being a jerk. Two very different things.

burglaries and car thefts occur when the owner is not around, even dumb criminals don't want to get shot by their victim
Ok. So are you charging that Texas high car theft rate is because their criminals are smarter? They just outwit the gun owner, aka gun ownership rate doesn't matter.

I specifically sited "home invasions" and "car jackings" where the owner is present, and in Texas the odds of the owners being armed is very high
Again provide some statistics. What we see here is the gun ownership rate for Texas places them in the lower 1/2 of the US. So where are you getting these odds that the Texas owner being armed is very high?

so the question is who is committing the crimes
No it's not. You stated the car jacking and home invasion rate in Texas was very low due to high gun ownership. Provide for us where you got a low car jacking rate, a low home invasion rate, and a high gun ownership rate. I've provided various statistics that your claim on crime and gun ownership are both wrong. Instead of trying to move your goal post, show us your evidence.

I would note that a black living in Minnesota is 31x more likely to be incarcerated than a white, so either the 83% of white Minnesotans are racist bastards, or whites are much more likely to be law abiding
Do note it's not Minnesotans which are arresting or incarcerating people. That'd be cops, lawyers, and judges. So instead of slagging off the entire State please be sure to limit your slag offs to those that are directly participating. If you want we can talk crime in MN too. Though I'd prefer you stick on the original topic, instead of trying to add or change it.

MN appears to be a better example for your guns lower crime rate than Texas. Using the previous links you can find out MN ranks 22nd in gun ownership and 26th by violent crimes. If you're contending guns prevent violent crimes MN actually shows stats in your favor. Texas does not.

Do note it's not Minnesotans which are arresting or incarcerating people. That'd be cops, lawyers, and judges

racist bastards, and the racists who elected them

MN appears to be a better example for your guns lower crime rate than Texas. Using the previous links you can find out MN ranks 22nd in gun ownership and 26th by violent crimes. If you're contending guns prevent violent crimes MN actually shows stats in your favor. Texas does not.

Laredo TX
3% white
96% mexican hispanic
0% black

Laredo, TX is the car theft capital of the nation
I have had 5 vehicles stolen, 0 were car jacked

Car jackings are very, very common in Nuevo Laredo

1 car jacking occurred in Laredo this year 2013, by a relative of the victim, who was quickly arrested

Guns don't prevent crime, they just allow you to protect yourself, and make the criminal wait until you're not around

Minnesota is an example of the higher % of whites and Asians in the population, the lower the crime rate

Murder rate by state

Washington DC murder rate is twice that of Louisiana’s

FBI hunting “sleeper cell” linked to brothers Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev

Dzhokhar is said to have run his brother over as he escaped in a stolen car while Tamerlan lay handcuffed on the ground. They were carrying six bombs with them at the time, three of which exploded

the F.B.I. disclosed in a statement that in 2011 “a foreign government” — now acknowledged to be Russia — asked for information about Tamerlan.

In January 2011, two counterterrorism agents from the bureau’s Boston field office interviewed Tamerlan and family members, a senior law enforcement official said on Saturday. According to the F.B.I.’s statement, “The F.B.I. did not find any terrorism activity, domestic or foreign,” and conveyed those findings to “the foreign government” by the summer of 2011.

Obama has Big Sis investigating Tea Party members and infiltrating extremist Xtian's bingo parties ...

The US police and legal system's results are racist in so far it's almost always worse for minorities. While sad this is happening in MN it's far from unique. For example, in States with the Death Penalty you're more likely to get a chair if you're a black who kills a white woman than a white who kills a white woman. So what's all this with changing topic? Feeling hurt you can't provide statistics? Texas is in the lower half of gun ownership and at the top of burglary.

So you owning a gun proves this prevented car jacking? Okay we can play with that idea. I've owned a gun since I was about 14. Until about 5 years ago I lived in apartments moving around and kept my guns at my parent's house. So, I never had a gun with me unless I was going to practice or go hunting, which was a couple times a year. I, also, had 0 car jacks but 0 vehicles stolen. If we want to use your logic we can see owning a gun but having it no where near the car prevents car theft. Even though sarcastic this does demonstrate how incredibly worthless you as an individual is useful when discussing crimes as a whole across the State and especially the United States. So again show us the Statistics of Car Jackings per State. Show us the statistics you are using to conclude Texas ranks better than other States.

Minnesota is an example of the higher % of whites and Asians in the population, the lower the crime rate
North Dakota has the lowest crime rate. Followed by Minnesota. ND and MN has a very low minority population. It's mostly Scandanavians and Germans in MN. Like what we find in Europe is indeed the more homogenous the society the lower the crime stats. Though we, as a people, need to figure out how to make the Great American melting pot work equally for everyone.

Laredo TX
3% white
96% mexican hispanic
0% black

Laredo, TX is the car theft capital of the nation

Car jackings are very, very common in Nuevo Laredo

1 car jacking occurred in Laredo this year 2013, by a relative of the victim, who was quickly arrested

Guns don't prevent crime, they just allow you to protect yourself, and make the criminal wait until you're not around

Murder rate by state

Washington DC murder rate is twice that of Louisiana’s

I believe everyone should acknowledge statistics about race and crime. Far too often people who try to discuss it get yelled down as "RACIST!!" for even mentioning race. The problem should be framed properly though, as I'm sure you would agree. The problem is not specifically race as in genetics, the problem is upbringing and political affiliation. Blacks and Mexicans are more likely to be taught by their parents, teachers and more importantly politicians, that they are victims who should not bother try to better themselves. If they commit crime, this is OK because they are victims. The black community is a perfect example of this. When I went to public school in the 70s and early 80's, black kids would intimidate any other black kid who tried to study and get good grades. They "were trying to be white" if they studied and paid attention in school.

I think this is improving as time goes on, but it still goes on to varying extents. Even certain black sports writers have slammed Robert Griffin III for having a white girlfriend and being registered Republican. Race isn't the problem, Democrats are the problem.

The US police and legal system's results are racist in so far it's almost always worse for minorities.
MN is therefore the most racist state

faethor said:
Texas is in the lower half of gun ownership and at the top of burglary.
a gun only stops a burglary if your home at the time, in Texas they wait until no one is around

faethor said:
So you owning a gun proves this prevented car jacking?
strawman :rolleyes: pull your head out of your arse

Criminals don't like their victims to be armed, hence difference between Nuevo Laredo and Laredo car jacking occurrences

Texas is a castle doctrine state, and covers you while your in your car

faethor said:
North Dakota has the lowest crime rate. Followed by Minnesota. ND and MN has a very low minority population. It's mostly Scandanavians and Germans in MN. Like what we find in Europe is indeed the more homogenous the society the lower the crime stats.

Northern European ancestry correlates to lower crime rates, except for Scottish

also Religion: Catholic, Lutheran, lower %, while Baptist is slightly higher %

Texas murder rate is actually much lower than its rate would be statistically projected to be, based on mexican & black %, and urban %

New Mexico is much more rural, which would project to a low rate like North & South Dakota, the biggest city is Albuquerque, and yet the murder rate is 3rd highest on list, what are demographics of New Mexico ?

So the FBI had talked to these boys in the past at the request of Russia - which could justify the father's opinion that they were set up by the FBI. The FBI are currently looking for an associated sleeper cell (if this was a cell set up by the FBI they should have found them by now) but having these "friends" hanging around may have looked to the father like more FBI. As for how this suites Putin, it's probably quite positive and if he can turn this into a further attempt to clean up Chechnya there is probably a core of support he can tap in the US now to deal with those "Moooslamic Terrists".

A proposal to regulate black powder comes forward. Not too surprising.

certain black sports writers have slammed Robert Griffin III for having a white girlfriend and being registered Republican. Race isn't the problem, Democrats are the problem.

RGIII is both talented and has a work ethic

he graduated from high school a semester early, to attend Baylor
he graduated college in 3 years, and was working on a Masters degree in his 4th year
still had 1 year of eligibility left when he turned pro ( was injured 3 game of sophomore year, and given a injury redshirt year)

S As for how this suites Putin, it's probably quite positive and if he can turn this into a further attempt to clean up Chechnya there is probably a core of support he can tap in the US now to deal with those "Moooslamic Terrists".

Why should we care about Chechnya???
Do the Russian's need help bombing it??

The FBI are currently looking for an associated sleeper cell

Has the FBI investigated Noam Chomsky's house yet ?

MN is therefore the most racist state
Again your assertion here is the legal system is the most racist. Though again you are missing statistics. Show us the numbers for the other 49 States so we may see if your assertion is true, or not.

a gun only stops a burglary if your home at the time, in Texas they wait until no one is around
Only in Texas who is middle in the gun ownership rates? In MN the rate of home invasions is lower (26th) versus the rate of gun ownership (22nd). So again if you want a statistic to demonstrate your point MN is a far better example than Texas's burglary rate (2nd) to gun ownership (33rd).

strawman :rolleyes: pull your head out of your arse

Criminals don't like their victims to be armed, hence difference between Nuevo Laredo and Laredo car jacking occurrences

Texas is a castle doctrine state, and covers you while your in your car
And MN is not. Interesting enough the rate of auto theft in MN is lower than Texas. Having that castle law seems to not protect one's vehicle any better. Since gun ownership per capita is higher in MN than Texas and vehicle thefts are much lower perhaps owning guns makes up for not having a castle law. Though again you've yet to demonstrate the Car Jacking rates per state. Until you can show us something solid we don't have anything better here than your opinion.

Northern European ancestry correlates to lower crime rates, except for Scottish

also Religion: Catholic, Lutheran, lower %, while Baptist is higher %
Well those Southern Baptists better be converting to a less violent religion.

Though don't forget there are other statistics - such as MN ranking in the top 10% of States with College Degrees per person. We can't be assuming what everything else we need to view them all and understand if there is, or is not, a relationship.

Texas murder rate is actually much lower than its rate would be statistically projected to be, based on mexican & black %, and urban
We only have your claims until you can show us those numbers and how you derive your opinion. Again please link the statistics so we may review.

Why should we care about Chechnya???
Do the Russian's need help bombing it??
I agree with you. These guys were living in the USA for a decade. They appear to be US Citizens. I think we need to do what we do in these instances. Take the time to build an understanding of why this happened. It could possibly be a Chechnya Terrorist group. Or they could be alone. But, we should do like with Ted K and Tim M investigate their homes, computers, writings, friends, etc.

Back