Trayvon Martin killing: The media -vs- reality

Oh, and the desperation to justify the murder of an unarmed boy is oozing out of this thread.
You're very fond of posting things like, "Whyzzat thinks it's OK to murder children."
I'm guessing this thread isn't quite what you had in mind.

So Zimmerman should have just allowed Trayvon kill him. Interesting concept, but I don't think you would have allowed yourself to be killed either. Don't be a hypocrite.

I know it's a rather tender issue over there, and I don't know much about the case but I think, if Red's posted pictures are genuine, those eyes look eerily druggy.
But I'm sure the court will take all the aspects of racism and "gangsta culture" into consideration. Move on and let the law do it's work properly.

By the way, to all of you going into a trance about how this is a race issue. Zimmerman is HISPANIC, not WHITE. Of course the media is reporting what his parents are saying.

"They killed my son and now they're trying to kill his reputation," Fulton told reporters.

Who are "they"? Oh right, white people. Only one problem here, Zimmerman is a MINORITY, not WHITE.

Go ahead, glaze your eyes over and froth at the mouth a bit telling me how I am wrong and this is a racially charged killing and how the country is so damn racist.

I know it's a rather tender issue over there, and I don't know much about the case but I think, if Red's posted pictures are genuine, those eyes look eerily druggy.
But I'm sure the court will take all the aspects of racism and "gangsta culture" into consideration. Move on and let the law do it's work properly.

It's going through a second review by Florida Dept of Law Enforcement and the US Dept of Justice (why, the US DoJ is involved, I haven't a clue). First one was via Sanford Police Dept (and I'm guessing the Asst. State Attorney's Office) which found no wrong doing on Zimmerman's part. Having your head repeatedly slammed into the concrete walkway is use of deadly force, equal force (lethal) can be used in response. In Florida, you have every right to fight back to save yourself (or another person).

Trayvon approached and sucker punched Zimmerman. Zimmerman fell to the ground. Trayvon pounded Zimmerman's head into the pavement repeatedly. Zimmerman yelled for help over and over. Trayvon went for the Zimmerman's gun but Zimmerman was able to shoot Trayvon. Police show up to find the Zimmerman battered and bloody with witnesses corroborating the Zimmerman's story.

I assume you can back this up with something more convincing than the lead homicide investigator, who supposedly didn't believe Zimmerman?

Or that
Zimmerman supposedly ignored the advice from a 911 dispatcher that he stop following Martin, left his truck and went to look for Martin?

http://abcnews.go.com/US/trayvon-ma...n-manslaughter/story?id=16011674#.T3Ip1uxSSZZ

And once you back it up, perhaps you'd like to explain why the dead kid's tattoos, drug habits, online chat and profile pictures are all more important to you than the (alleged) fact that Zimmerman is the innocent here?

So Zimmerman should have just allowed Trayvon kill him. Interesting concept, but I don't think you would have allowed yourself to be killed either. Don't be a hypocrite.
I think you should take your head out of your ass. Zimmerman is the one who started the confrontation to begin with. If someone decided to harass me for no reason I might be tempted to pound their {bleep} head in as well. By the sounds of it Zimmerman deserved the head kick in. And even if he didn't deserve a pounding, Martin would have been guilty of assault. Shooting someone because you're losing a fight isn't justifiable murder in my books.

By the way, to all of you going into a trance about how this is a race issue. Zimmerman is HISPANIC, not WHITE. Of course the media is reporting what his parents are saying.

Who are "they"? Oh right, white people. Only one problem here, Zimmerman is a MINORITY, not WHITE.

Go ahead, glaze your eyes over and froth at the mouth a bit telling me how I am wrong and this is a racially charged killing and how the country is so damn racist.

Where did I put that facepalm meme? This has to be one of the silliest things I've read on here for at least...... oh, at least five minutes.

Perhaps you should go and lie down for a little while in a darkened room.

Hopefully not for too long a time, but at least long enough to realise that there is a possibility of a race issue between a black person and a Hispanic person.

The thing is Jim, I wouldn't have started it in the first place. As far as I can tell, that's what happened.

You make out the kid started it but have yet to demonstrate this.

And even if he did, it's a red herring - I'm more concerned that your opening post was 100% focused on the kid's character.
If you'd opened this thread with a post about how the kid started it and the wannabe cop was innocent, it might not look so glaringly like you are trying to justify murder.

it's clear that this neighborhood has a serious bigotry problem as this police chief was installed After other incidents which indicated things were not being handled properly.

Sanford (city), Florida

White persons, percent, 2010 (a) 57.3%
Black persons, percent, 2010 (a) 30.5%
American Indian and Alaska Native persons, percent, 2010 (a) 0.5%
Asian persons, percent, 2010 (a) 2.8%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander, percent, 2010 (a) 0.1%
Persons reporting two or more races, percent, 2010 3.3%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2010 (b) 20.2%
White persons not Hispanic, percent, 2010 45.0%

seriously, what would YOU do if some stranger is following YOU?????

A security guard following me? Gee, I don't think assault would be the first thing on mind.

If anyone's character should be questioned, it's the one who pulled the trigger. He's the one who's had prior altercations with police officers and even had a restraining order placed against him due to domestic violence.

The thing is Jim, I wouldn't have started it in the first place. As far as I can tell, that's what happened.

You make out the kid started it but have yet to demonstrate this.

Witness reportedly saw Trayvon Martin beating George Zimmerman before shooting

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)
UNIDENTIFIED MAN: The guy on the bottom who I believe had a red sweater on was yelling to me help, help, and I told him to stop and I was calling 911. I got upstairs and looked down, the person that was on top beating up the other guy was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point.

If you'd opened this thread with a post about how the kid started it and the wannabe cop was innocent, it might not look so glaringly like you are trying to justify murder.

You keep attacking Zimmerman and calling this murder when it is clearly self defense. Whyzzat? My post was about how the media twists a story, but I can't help you if you have comprehension problems and/or are brainwashed by the media.

He helped create it in this instance. By the way, Zimmerman is not white.
They call him "white"-hispanic. Obviously he is "white" on his father's side because Zimmerman is a "white" name.

So Zimmerman was over zealous, no argument here. Does that give Trayvon the right to murder him?
Zimmerman was overzealous. Does that give Zimmerman the right to approach Trayvon and does than remove Trayvon's right to use force on a stranger who insists on following him? What about if it were all the other way around?

Zimmerman was overzealous. Does that give Zimmerman the right to approach Trayvon and does than remove Trayvon's right to use force on a stranger who insists on following him? What about if it were all the other way around?

Zimmerman did not approach Trayvon.

Zimmerman did not approach Trayvon.
Following is a lot like approaching. One person goes away, the other person must then approach to maintain the distance. Trayvon shouldn't have punched him? OK, but he shouldn't have been able to either. Zimmerman SHOULD be arrested and tried just to discourage other vigilante types. You can stand your ground to defend your home but standing your ground after you've chased someone down is kind of stretching the definition.

Back