These two things can be true.

To me, Trump caused a National embarrassment with his little party,

I think there's where our perspective is overwhelmingly different, and what's prompting my visceral responses. The word "his".

Yes. Trump believes that the election was stolen from him, as did Hillary before that, but you give him too much credit for this stuff. January 6th was NOT an insurrection. If it were, why have NONE of the participants, nee, legal sacrifice victims -- including Trump -- been charged with sedition and/or insurrection. None of them. Not a single one...

How can Trump be forcibly removed from an election ballot for a crime he has never even been charged with, let alone convicted of?

The more simple truth is, you get 20,000 pissed off Americans in one spot, stupid shit happens, and it doesn't matter whether they're Democrat or Republican, and stupidity happens with or without Trump's input. Yes, he invited them to PEACEFULLY protest, but it's kinda like a 15-year-old who throws a house party while the parents are away and it gets totally out of control.

January 6th was a clusterfuck of people, a tiny percentage of whom did the stupid thing where they went to the Capitol building and "took a self-guided tour" (with Police assistance). Most of whom probably didn't realize that what they were doing was illegal, especially since the DC Police physically opened and held the door for them as they entered.

This tiny cadre of stupid people's only crime is giving Democrats an excuse to come after Trump, and, yes, both interrupting Congress and trespassing...

"Insurrection" is simply bullshit, and any idea that Trump somehow was a mastermind/ringleader is simply politics and really beyond the realm of possibility. After all, is he a mastermind, or a moron? Can't have it both ways.

Trump isn't big, bad, or scary. He is a revolting parasite feasting himself on the festering wounds in our country.
That's as good a description as any I've seen. I've always called him a tantruming toddler because he's a big baby who whines when he doesn't get his way. And having been spoilt his entire life, he expects to be pampered 100% of the time. Being held accountable right now must be driving him insane. Which is a "Short trip" as the saying goes.

He has absolutely No skills in diplomacy. He just slobbers over putin like a teenage girl. And that's because putin is WAY smarter and knows how to flatter donnie. It's been obvious to anyone watching that putin got donnie to agree that NATO needs to be weakened. ANd putin wanted that so he could waltz into Ukraine with no objections. As soon as We The People kicked donnie to the curb in 2020, putin realized his puppy dog was now useless and immediately invaded Ukraine because 'time was a wasting'.

There's a million reasons to never vote for donnie and I am at work so I'm not listing them. I just hope enough people get out to vote in Nov and prevent a disaster.

There's a million reasons to never vote for donnie and I am at work so I'm not listing them. I just hope enough people get out to vote in Nov and prevent a disaster.
If you're going to vote, the way the American system is currently broken and used like a high-school popularity contest, you have your choice of a doddering invalid, or a braggart asshole. Taking personalities out of the mix, I have absolutely no choice except 1) vote for the policies that I support or 2) don't bother voting at all. You could, of course, vote for a third-party, but that would be a waste of gas to get to the polling station...

You could, of course, vote for a third-party, but that would be a waste of gas to get to the polling station...
I do think that is a very undemocratic idea. I think it is your duty to vote what you really want to vote.

I do think that is a very undemocratic idea. I think it is your duty to vote what you really want to vote.
I don't disagree and I'm not suggesting she do otherwise. I'm just pointing out that -- with the system we've got here in America and I suspect other countries -- voting for a third-party candidate while the Uniparty is in play would be a waste of gas to do so as they have 0.0 chance of actually making any difference whatsoever.

I think there's where our perspective is overwhelmingly different, and what's prompting my visceral responses. The word "his".
They are his, though. He publicly supported both ideas, and never admonished the people involved. If they're not his, whose are they?

And that is part of an even larger problem Trump presents. He wants all of the power without any of the responsibility. He repeatedly wanders off without shouldering any of the burden of his own actions. There is a trail of this throughout all of his dealings over the decades. It was the primary reason I finally chose not to vote for him the first time.

Party of responsibility and law and order, indeed. I'm absolutely nauseated by the number of people willing to line up behind him yet again. If you haven't seen Trump for what he is by now, you're willfully looking away.

If they're not his, whose are they?
Trump's words were to come and protest PEACEFULLY.

You want to attribute Trump with far too much credit here, and I guess that's fine. You accuse me of "willfully looking away", and I would suggest evenly that you are doing the exact same when it comes to ignoring the fact that Biden is a incompetent puppet serving out Obama's third (and possibly fourth) term..

January 6th was not an insurrection. No one. Not a SINGLE PERSON, of the dozens of scapegoats being charged with crimes over January 6th, including Trump, have been charged with "insurrection" or even "sedition". I do NOT agree with the actions of the people on January 6th, but January 6th was simply a few hundred angry Americans accompanied by maybe a couple of thousand interested Americans who wanted to show up and support their shared belief that the election was stolen.. We could probably talk for months about that, but neither you, nor I know whether that's actually true, any more than we know if the 2016 election was "stolen by the Russians"...

The actions of those disgruntled Americans were the same thing all those "peaceful protesters" did when Clinton lost in 2016, but 1) those protests continued for four years and 2) they just didn't give the Washington Elite an excuse by trespassing through the Capitol building.

(Hmmm I wonder what would have happened if Washington DC were invaded by Soros-funded, democrat-sponsored "peaceful protesters" burning down buildings and looting stores.... My guess is that Nancy would have spun it until it didn't matter, or kneeled to them, or found a way to blame Trump for it anyway...)

Party of responsibility and law and order, indeed. I'm absolutely nauseated by the number of people willing to line up behind him yet again. If you haven't seen Trump for what he is by now, you're willfully looking away.

Again. Since apparently I'm not clear enough, I'm not a fan of the personality, I'm a strong supporter of his policies. Nothing more. That being said, we are once again being given the choice between a giant, divisive narcissist and a befuddled puppet who frankly isn't going to last another four years on this Earth.

Given those only two choices, I have to disqualify personality for BOTH of them and err on the side of the policies I like better, which means my only choice is Trump. Besides, when Biden dies suddenly in about 2026, we'll be left with the likes of Harris and that simply scares the shit out of me.

Biden is actively destroying this country on the evening news (all of it now) and Trump is too divisive a personality to help turn the country around now. I'm thinking more and more about retiring to a so-called third-world country with a better standard of living than America has right now...

Last edited:
Trump's words were to come and protest PEACEFULLY.
And did he denounce the people who didn't stay peaceful?

You want to attribute Trump with far too much credit here, and I guess that's fine. You accuse me of "willfully looking away", and I would suggest evenly that you are doing the exact same when it comes to ignoring the fact that Biden is a incompetent puppet serving out Obama's third (and possibly fourth) term..
Quite frankly, Obama's 3rd and 4th terms are probably a best-case scenario here. It is very troubling who is pulling Biden's strings.

January 6th was not an insurrection. No one. Not a SINGLE PERSON, of the dozens of scapegoats being charged with crimes over January 6th, including Trump, have been charged with "insurrection" or even "sedition". I do NOT agree with the actions of the people on January 6th, but January 6th was simply a few hundred angry Americans accompanied by maybe a couple of thousand interested Americans who wanted to show up and support their shared belief that the election was stolen.. We could probably talk for months about that, but neither you, nor I know whether that's actually true, any more than we know if the 2016 election was "stolen by the Russians"...
Well, we can dance around forever trying to say if something is or isn't a particular word. What it clearly was, was an action taken from selfish wants to hurt the country out of petty revenge for not getting his way. I have no place for that.

Again. Since apparently I'm not clear enough, I'm not a fan of the personality, I'm a strong supporter of his policies. Nothing more. That being said, we are once again being given the choice between a giant, divisive narcissist and a befuddled puppet who frankly isn't going to last another four years on this Earth.
The only policy Trump has consistently demonstrated is that he's in this for himself. Throughout history, we've had a lot of bad presidents who have made bad decisions. But they always made them with the thought of their country first. I've never gotten that feeling from Trump. His actions and arguments always reflect a self-first attitude that is incredibly dangerous at this level. Trump's "policy" is his personality.

Given those only two choices, I have to disqualify personality for BOTH of them and err on the side of the policies I like better, which means my only choice is Trump.
You keep saying policy, yet when presented with the best border solution we've had, Trump drummed up support to vote against it in favor of doing nothing. So that he can be the one who presents a border solution. The only policy or platform Trump has is himself.

Besides, when Biden dies suddenly in about 2026, we'll be left with the likes of Harris and that simply scares the shit out of me.
How is it worse? Biden is incompetent and incapable now? What changes?

Biden is actively destroying this country on the evening news (all of it now) and Trump is too divisive a personality to help turn the country around now. I'm thinking more and more about retiring to a so-called third-world country with a better standard of living than America has right now...
I think this comes around to the problem we can't agree on the basic facts anymore.

This entire thread really does nothing besides illustrate that fact. I've debated if I should actually just delete my comments. They get accidentally inflammatory. I apologize. This one probably did, as well. I'll pre-emptively apologize there, as well.

I've decided to leave it as illustration, but say now that I shall not engage with it any further. Where this discussion went isn't benefiting anyone except people and causes we should be agreeing we don't need to be benefitting.

My original question was "what of Trump's policy do you support?" The answer to that question appears to be that there is a complete fissure of factual information separating us.

We're really not that far apart. You think the Country's worst two problems are Democrats, then Republicans. I think they're Republicans, then Democrats. But, yet, here we are, so twisted up by inconsistent information sources that we're blinded by rage over the color of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

What a way to sink a country.

It's been real.

Quite frankly, Obama's 3rd and 4th terms are probably a best-case scenario here. It is very troubling who is pulling Biden's strings.
I've been seeing this "Obama really running the show" stuff a lot more lately. The sudden uptick seems to conveniently coincide with Trump repeatedly confusing Obama and Biden. Sort of a, "no, our guy isn't befuddled and losing it. He's just pulling the curtain back. But your guy...."

And did he denounce the people who didn't stay peaceful?

So, in your head, not coming out and saying "bad puppy!" then smacking the proverbial dog after the fact is the same thing as encouraging an angry mob?

Agreed.

Well, we can dance around forever trying to say if something is or isn't a particular word. What it clearly was, was an action taken from selfish wants to hurt the country out of petty revenge for not getting his way. I have no place for that.

Again, I'm not supporting Trump here. I just don't believe he's solely responsible for the whole incident as you seem to...

The only policy Trump has consistently demonstrated is that he's in this for himself.

I would counter that the exact same could be said about the Biden crime family.

You keep saying policy, yet when presented with the best border solution we've had, Trump drummed up support to vote against it in favor of doing nothing. So that he can be the one who presents a border solution. The only policy or platform Trump has is himself.

The only "solution" I've seen being presented is to add billions more in expenditure towards PROCESSING the illegal aliens, not preventing them from entering in the first place.

The stance of the Biden Administration seems to be (and to some extent, I agree with this) that it's the policies that are broken so they/he refuses to close the border trying to force Congress to fix the policies. That's not something that's being overly reported, just my thoughts on the matter.

Meanwhile -- it seems -- that the vast, overwhelming number of Americans in this country (including legal immigrants) are angry because the Biden Administration is allowing an open border and encouraging millions of people to illegally enter the United States...

I tend to fall into the latter, and if it were up to me, I would put the National Guard on the border with open kill orders while the border wall is rebuilt and guarded.... Then again, I don't like people, so there's that.

I think this comes around to the problem we can't agree on the basic facts anymore.

Agreed, but I would further suggest that there are NO "facts" any more. "Facts" as they are now called, are 100% open to interpretation and spin. What you might consider a fact, I simply don't see, and visa-versa.

Don't give up on the conversation though. Though it might get heated, it's still a valuable tool for helping to understand different viewpoints.

So let's see where we do agree on things and go from there?

1) America is fucked.
2) ...
My original question was "what of Trump's policy do you support?" The answer to that question appears to be that there is a complete fissure of factual information separating us.

Circling back:

a) Closed borders
b) Energy independence
c) Taking a more leading stance in world politics (such as demanding NATO members pay their agreed upon share).
d) No unnecessary wars, and American lives not being placed in harms way..

What is it about the Democrats -- aside from "They're not Trump" do you support?

We're really not that far apart. You think the Country's worst two problems are Democrats, then Republicans. I think they're Republicans, then Democrats. But, yet, here we are, so twisted up by inconsistent information sources that we're blinded by rage over the color of the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Democrats, Republicans, two faces of the same party... I simply believe that we, as a country, are headed in the wrong direction and we're pretty much fucked when the only candidates either party can come up with are entirely unacceptable and divisive to the nation...

Trump needs to stop trying to get back what he believes was stolen (his second term, and to be absolutely transparent, I'm not convinced he's wrong about that)..

Biden just needs to retire and take Harris with him. Nothing more I can say about that.

Hopefully this is a bit more enlightening..

Wayne

I've been seeing this "Obama really running the show" stuff a lot more lately. The sudden uptick seems to conveniently coincide with Trump repeatedly confusing Obama and Biden. Sort of a, "no, our guy isn't befuddled and losing it. He's just pulling the curtain back. But your guy...."
Well, it looks a lot like both of the guys are pretty lost out there. They're old and tired, and making old and tired mistakes. But if the carefully curated public appearances look that bad, what is getting past them? And who is handling what gets past them. It is a fair question. It turned out it was a whole lot getting past Reagan his 2nd term, and he didn't look as befuddled as either of these two.

I would counter that the exact same could be said about the Biden crime family.
I'm not interested in what-about-ism here. That's why I deleted a whole bunch of this thread. I'd just say that the credible court-admitted evidence surely doesn't point that direction. If we're trying to cut to facts and not spin, that's as close to a fact as we can get.

Agreed, but I would further suggest that there are NO "facts" any more. "Facts" as they are now called, are 100% open to interpretation and spin. What you might consider a fact, I simply don't see, and visa-versa.
This is a really big problem. There is no information source above reproach, anymore. Even "first-hand" evidence such as quotes and video can be and readily is faked. (For illustration purposes, of course. [eyeroll])

With AI and other technologies where they are, there is nothing to stand in the way of profits from the mighty hate impression. You hardly even need people to write this crap anymore.

How do we stop misinformation when we have no source for information? And how do we vet information when we have no one we can agree to trust?

Don't give up on the conversation though. Though it might get heated, it's still a valuable tool for helping to understand different viewpoints.
Is that what is being accomplished, though? I may give a few more parts the benefit of the doubt.

So let's see where we do agree on things and go from there?

1) America is fucked.
2) ...
Yeah. We agree on 1. What else is left to agree on? I might put forward :
2) If there is any chance of us coming together, I think we need a trustworthy independent information source.

Circling back:

a) Closed borders
b) Energy independence
c) Taking a more leading stance in world politics (such as demanding NATO members pay their agreed upon share).
d) No unnecessary wars, and American lives not being placed in harms way..
I debated if I should skip/delete this, but against my judgement, I'll answer.

a) If having a true border line is a fundamental issue, I get this one.
b) I'd say Trump is on the wrong side of this one. We need the renewables he wants to cut. And we need the elephant no one wants to address. If we want actual energy independence, we need nuclear. I do appreciate neither party wants nuclear, but if you truly want energy... Its the only way you're getting it. "Drill, baby drill!" is only going to {bleep} us over more. Even if you don't believe the climate change (which there is pretty damning evidence in favor of) you're still creating tons of problems from heavy metals, fucked up water tables from fracking, and loads of other things.
c) and d) I'd argue Trump has demonstrably made more unstable.

What is it about the Democrats -- aside from "They're not Trump" do you support?
Well. I asked you. I'm not sure it's the right question for me to have asked, anymore. But turnabout is fair play, and I'll answer.

And that answer is honestly, very little. I think the Democrats are on the right side of the issue on women's rights, birth control, and healthcare. I was impressed Biden showed up for the UAW. Granted, it was a publicity thing, but still, it's that much more support than any former president has ever given organized labor.

But yeah, most of it is that they're not Trump. The Democrats are currently still the garden variety of terrible we've endured for decades. While I do truly believe that Trumpism is an immediate problem that could be destabilizing to the US and all of our allies. Throughout history, countries that have turned sharply inward and focused on a cult of personality like Trump have not fared well. Trump himself has said he wants his re-election to be a vengeance tour. I have absolutely no reason to believe he won't make it one, at the expense of all of us. He has already demonstrated he has no problem with hurting US interests in his own. He has no reason not to continue that.

I'm quite without party. I looked back over my presidential voting history.
I have voted Republican once. (2000, George W Bush 1st term) His trigger-happy nonsense pushed me out of the party back then.
I have voted Independent 5 times. (1992, 1996, 2004, 2012, 2016)
I voted Democrat twice. (2008 Obama 1st, 2020 Biden 1st) And the absolute only reason I voted for Biden was Trump was way more disastrous than I expected him to be, and I wanted to make sure he was out. Otherwise it would have been another vote for Independent. I have no problem with voting to show my disgust. The point isn't to vote for a winner. The point is to make your voice heard. Hell, I voted "Democrat/Uncommitted" in the Michigan primary a couple weeks ago. Which sounds like the dumbest vote ever, except it was the only way to register discontent with the choices in front of me.

I deleted the rest. I don't think there's anything to be gained going there. I'm still not convinced there is anything of value in this entire reply for that matter, but I spent a while typing it. Might as well hit post.

If we want actual energy independence, we need nuclear.
See, another thing we agree on.. :D

As for women's rights, I tend to agree with you believe it or not, BUT, I also agree with the idea that it should not be the FEDERAL government's position to guarantee such rights. It should IMHO be up to the respective States.

I don't believe in abortion, but I don't believe anyone should stand in the way of a woman's right to choose to have one. She, not me, not we, have to live with that decision. Eliminating Roe v Wade didn't outlaw abortions. It simply returned control of that question back to the States. If you live in a State where they have now outlawed it, then you have every right to either 1) move, or 2) crusade against the State law to get it changed.

What I do NOT agree with is what I understand certain states have tried to do (Texas maybe? I don't remember the story well, so don't quote me???) is where the state is going after women who are forced to leave their state to obtain an abortion...

Whether we believe "orange man bad" or "old man bad" is kinda not even the bigger picture here. To me, the worst problem we have is the growing chasm between the two "sides". I can remember a time before Obama where this country wasn't so divided and broken and to see the collective Americans like this now hurts my soul...

To admit my shame. I voted for Obama the first time because of his charisma and I bought into his bullshit. I forget who he was running against, but vaguely remember that I didn't like the guy. Against him for his second term. For Trump because I LOATHE Hillary Clinton with every fiber of my being. Again for Trump in 2020 because I liked the direction the country was going in (save for the women's reproductive rights argument)... As I've said, if I have no other choice but Biden or Trump, I will either go for Trump, or just stay home honestly.

I am ANGRY at all these "peaceful protesters" burning down cities. I am ANGRY at the lawlessness and liberalism in places where "it's ok to rob a store blind as long as it's not over $$$". I am ANGRY at the open borders and amused at the self-proclaimed sanctuary cities crying fowl when they end up with 1/10th of the illegals delivered to them.

I am laughably amused where anyone even gives the time of day to Newsom who has completely destroyed California to the point where anyone who can leave, is leaving (or already has) to include multi-billion-dollar companies who hire tens of thousands of high-skill workers.. If Apple hadn't invested over a billion in their "spaceship" HQ, I'm not sure they'd even be there because they simply can't afford to be giving their money away to prop up the State...

Meanwhile, with open borders and millions of illegal aliens walking around America, I cant even visit my dad in a small town like Scottsboro, Alabama (2020 census of 15.8k people) and walk into a Walmart without encountering a vast majority of the customers and employees don't even speak English any more... THAT triggers me..

Rhetoric aside, this has been a good conversation on my end. I'm -- like you -- just a little prone to being button-pushed on different subjects because as open-minded as I strive to be, there are certain subjects where I cannot see the other side...

Civil War II anyone?

What I do NOT agree with is what I understand certain states have tried to do (Texas maybe? I don't remember the story well, so don't quote me???) is where the state is going after women who are forced to leave their state to obtain an abortion...
Hey, we're finding all sorts of common ground. Yeah, "you can't leave the state to do this" is a terrible thing to try to get into a law. That can start to leak into all sorts of things. We're not supposed to be patrolling these things between states. It's part of the United part.

Whether we believe "orange man bad" or "old man bad" is kinda not even the bigger picture here. To me, the worst problem we have is the growing chasm between the two "sides". I can remember a time before Obama where this country wasn't so divided and broken and to see the collective Americans like this now hurts my soul...
I'm not sure Obama had anything to do with it. I think it's all a result of a lack of value being placed on actual facts and expert opinions combined with technology algorithms and profit goals that are driving people further and further into camps. Quick hit 15 second soundbites and memes don't allow any nuance or room. There is no profit in understanding. The only profit is in hate clicks.

To admit my shame. I voted for Obama the first time because of his charisma and I bought into his bullshit. I forget who he was running against, but vaguely remember that I didn't like the guy.
There's no shame there. I did, too. Hope and Change was the right message at the right time. I really had hopes for the guy. He just never really was able to deliver. He stepped in a deep one on his first statement (I'm going to close Guantanamo!) and just never really pulled things together. He made some minor incremental improvements on a few things. Pointlessly walked us through a few other manure patches, too, though.

Against him for his second term. For Trump because I LOATHE Hillary Clinton with every fiber of my being.
Yeah. Some people really underestimate how toxic Hillary is. My goodness. Has there ever been a worse candidate? And at a worse time? Run the most toxic and establishment candidate possible at the moment when people are angriest that the establishment "Hope and Change" candidate delivered on neither? I went Independent to voice my disgust. But I totally get why people would go Trump for that one.

Again for Trump in 2020 because I liked the direction the country was going in (save for the women's reproductive rights argument)... As I've said, if I have no other choice but Biden or Trump, I will either go for Trump, or just stay home honestly.
I can't say we were seeing the same things here. The country was decidedly NOT going where I'd want most points during Trump's administration. Even when the economics were still good, the decisions weren't.

I am ANGRY at all these "peaceful protesters" burning down cities. I am ANGRY at the lawlessness and liberalism in places where "it's ok to rob a store blind as long as it's not over $$$".
ARE there really protesters doing this? What cities have been burnt down? I'm not interested in what-about-isms... But isn't it likely this is _at least_ as overblown as a certain January party?

I am ANGRY at the open borders and amused at the self-proclaimed sanctuary cities crying fowl when they end up with 1/10th of the illegals delivered to them.
My god man. They're people. Desperate people. They're not knock-off watches and handbags. They shouldn't be treated or named as such.

Yes, we do need immigration reform. I do realize that we can't just open door accept everyone like we're back in the 1800's again. And that is something that as a country we absolutely MUST address. But holy hell. Blatant cruelty to them is not the way.

Meanwhile, with open borders and millions of illegal aliens walking around America, I cant even visit my dad in a small town like Scottsboro, Alabama (2020 census of 15.8k people) and walk into a Walmart without encountering a vast majority of the customers and employees don't even speak English any more... THAT triggers me..
Yeah. English is a big one for me, too. But, it has always been an issue. When I was a kid, it was routine that my friends grandparents only spoke Polish or German...

Now we post all the shop rules in English and Arabic because most of the operators have pretty limited English. But they are trying. Most of the people are either old, or trying to learn as they go. Demographics change over time.

ARE there really protesters doing this? What cities have been burnt down?
Ummm... Seattle?

My god man. They're people. Desperate people. They're not knock-off watches and handbags. They shouldn't be treated or named as such.
I really couldn't give a shit less about the people themselves. I have nothing for, or against any human being. I simply have a differing viewpoint.

1) They are in this country ILLEGALLY
2) They are being actively granted benefits that American citizens are not (free housing, food, pre-paid VISAs, phones, etc.
3) This expenditure takes away from causes I believe in, such as the support for American Military Veterans (remember where I work)
4) The costs being incurred to support these illegal aliens could solve both homelessness, education, and other major issues several times over.
5) Their collective violation of American law is completely overtaxing key parts of our society such as the school system, the medical system, and others.

This is not "what-if-ism", these are documented issues.

I understand that they are "desperate" (your word), but my stance is that if things are such shit in their own respective country, then instead of behaving like an invasive species towards America, they should, I dunno, work to fix their own damned country instead of destroying ours???

In the meanwhile, you have over 300,000 illegal aliens simply walking into this country every month, compounding the problems that we are facing as a nation. Top into that that now said 300,000+ are comprised of many people from many countries other than South American ones (people from the 'stans, China, and other countries who actively plot against America) and yeah, I'm a bit hard-line on the subject.

THE LAW states that the American President will uphold the laws on the books. Some of those he is actively ignoring include securing the borders of this country. Instead, he's trying to force a long-term fix through the system which doesn't address the issues, while being blatantly in violation of his Oath of Office.

Do I agree that the immigration system is broken? Yeah, probably but I'm not 100% on how it all works. I just know that pretending that there is no border and inviting an invasion to occur openly is NOT the answer.

Yeah. English is a big one for me, too. But, it has always been an issue. When I was a kid, it was routine that my friends grandparents only spoke Polish or German...
I understand that, and I don't actually mind that at all. It's a huge peeve of mine however that when I go into a store (in this case Walmart) in Scottsboro, Alabama (population 16k) and cannot find a single person in the store to communicate with, that's a problem.

Another example is a large country flea market near my dad (in Alabama) that I've gone to since I was 5-years old -- some 52-odd years -- is now 95% Spanish-speaking only, and has had several instances of violence with people disagreeing over transactions. All of whom seem to be actively employed by the Tyson Chicken processing plant, a vast majority of them here illegally, while the local law-enforcement seems to be powerless to do anything about it since the Biden Administration actively prohibits their detainment and deportation...

Yes, I admit. A lot of my rant is hyperbole, but I grew up in what has become a bygone America, and I am mourning the loss of it. Maybe I'm in the anger stage of my grieving, but... well, simply put, I don't know what, but I do know the open borders and illegal aliens who are violating American law are at the core of the largest issues we face...

Back