The Muhammad Movie

:rolleyes:

700px-ChristianityBranches.svg.png
Thanks. Though I'd note the diagram is interesting. Assyrian Church claim foundations direct from disciples, as does the Eastern Orthodoxy. (I could probably look up Miaphysites but I don't know much about them.) Whereas the Red break into Western Rites come NOT from a disciple. But someone that was struck by lightning and then was given the ability to speak for God from then on. Less than inspiring that things were unable and not coming from someone that actually claimed to have talked to the Christ. Really not much different from Joseph Smith's claim of running into a couple of angels with a special gold plaque.

Thanks. Though I'd note the diagram is interesting. Assyrian Church claim foundations direct from disciples, as does the Eastern Orthodoxy. (I could probably look up Miaphysites but I don't know much about them.) Whereas the Red break into Western Rites come NOT from a disciple. But someone that was struck by lightning and then was given the ability to speak for God from then on. Less than inspiring that things were unable and not coming from someone that actually claimed to have talked to the Christ. Really not much different from Joseph Smith's claim of running into a couple of angels with a special gold plaque.
Oriental Orthodox include the Coptics, lead by the Bishop of Alexandria

Oriental Orthodox are Churches that recognize only the first three ecumenical councils — the First Council of Nicaea, the First Council of Constantinople and the First Council of Ephesus.

Note the "union" dashed lines, these churches, are in communion with one another, but are hierarchically independent

the four bishops of Rome, Alexandria, Ephesus and Antioch were all given status as Patriarchs, each of the four branches from early Christianity is headed by one of the patriarchs.

godless.jpg

don't forget, people - party next Sunday!!!! WOOT :banana:

don't forget, people - party next Sunday!!!! WOOT :banana:

Wanna bet? Question the Holocaust.
In Saudi Arabia you can't question the Prophet because power is based on the sanctity of the prophet. What you CAN talk about doesn't define your freedom of speech. Map the power by finding out what you can't talk about.

In Saudi Arabia you can't question the Prophet because power is based on the sanctity of the prophet. What you CAN talk about doesn't define your freedom of speech. Map the power by finding out what you can't talk about.
Well in that case, Muslims have an amazing amount of power: Egypt’s President Morsi tells U.N.: Insults to Muhammad ‘unacceptable’

I gotta admit, Arabs are pretty {bleep} stupid. The US bombs the crap out of them and they do nothing. Some wacko American makes a crap movie and they effectively kick the US in it's ass. Perhaps a few more bombs will calm them down? :rolleyes:

In a fear society, where some facts are crimes

Tel Aviv University was built on the ruins of the Palestinian village of Sheikh Muwannis. The university’s faculty lounge is the village mukhtar’s former home. At the corner of Arlosoroff and Ibn Gvirol streets, where the Century Tower skyscraper stands, a Palestinian village named Sommeil used to exist.
When activists from the Israeli group Zochrot set out into the heart of Tel Aviv’s “Independence Day” festivities to educate revelers about these facts, they were accused of engaging in criminal activities.

http://maxblumenthal.com/2012/04/in-a-fear-society-where-some-facts-are-crimes/

Questioning the holocaust is blasphemy?
I was responding to the Free Speech part at the head of the poster. Questioning the holocaust may be bad history but in some parts of the world it is also a crime and in the sense that blasphemy laws criminalize expression of an opinion contrary to the official opinion of the state, yes, it's blasphemy.

Well in that case, Muslims have an amazing amount of power: Egypt’s President Morsi tells U.N.: Insults to Muhammad ‘unacceptable’
Has that stopped us from criticizing Islam? No. It has not because our state authorities don't care if we do.
I gotta admit, Arabs are pretty {bleep} stupid. The US bombs the crap out of them and they do nothing. Some wacko American makes a crap movie and they effectively kick the US in it's ass. Perhaps a few more bombs will calm them down? :rolleyes:
You mean you gotta admit that westerners are pretty stupid to think that the reason for the violence is the movie even though we can see another, more valid reason that there would be violence. Must be pretty stupid to believe that.

Has that stopped us from criticizing Islam? No. It has not because our state authorities don't care if we do.
Has it? That's hard to say. Do you think any mainstream movie company would make a "Life Of Brian" or "Last Temptation of Christ" type of movie depicting Islamic figures? We'll never know, but I'd bet on them never doing so. Hollywood execs, producers and actors love money and are smart enough to know you need to be alive to enjoy it.

You mean you gotta admit that westerners are pretty stupid to think that the reason for the violence is the movie even though we can see another, more valid reason that there would be violence. Must be pretty stupid to believe that.
Well I've said it myself that these attacks on the embassy looked organized. Regardless, my comment was clearly over the top, but I am irked by the fact that the leader of one of the most powerful and influential Arab leaders stands up in front of the UN and tells us all that we shouldn't criticize Islam, or else. Or else what? He didn't say, but it not only lends the faintest of credibility to the most incredulous, it in effect is an escalation of sorts. It would have been no better than for him to go up there and say "I dare you to make another stupid Muhammad video" because you know some fool is gonna take him up on that dare. And then what?

Has it? That's hard to say. Do you think any mainstream movie company would make a "Life Of Brian" or "Last Temptation of Christ" type of movie depicting Islamic figures?
No. There's no money in it. They won't make any positive movies about Islam either because a majority of the worlds Muslims are poor and a pro-Muslim film won't make up the difference playing to western audiences because no-one would care to see it. However, a few caricature jihadis and that's fine.

Regardless, my comment was clearly over the top, but I am irked by the fact that the leader of one of the most powerful and influential Arab leaders stands up in front of the UN and tells us all that we shouldn't criticize Islam, or else. Or else what?
The Muslim Brotherhood doesn't like Islam mocked? Quelle Surprise. And what's he going to do about it? Very little. He's speaking to his own constituents because they expect it. People who want to do business with Egypt will watch their tongues and people who don't won't.

He's speaking to his own constituents because they expect it. People who want to do business with Egypt will watch their tongues and people who don't won't.

apparently, the "pander bear" is the mascot for politicians worldwide... ;)

Wanna bet? Question the Holocaust.
party pooper :D

actually there seems to be places in Europe that felt so embarrassed by WW2 that they made it a no no to "Question the Holocaust".

people do it in the US, however. most famously mel gibson's daddy who is a known anti-Semite and all-around wacka-doodle. people just laugh at these morons.

of course what pisses me off about all the 'Holocaust' talk is that some jews have co-oped the whole thing as if THEY were the ONLY ones who suffered and died.

tell that to the 5 million plus NON-jews who died in that mess.
it's as if those people are invisible

Back