Suddenly vaccine skepticism has gone mainstream.

Just having kids in school is kind of ridiculous. Here we have vaccine passports for adults if they want to sit in a restaurant but the largest unvaccinated population is forced to sit 30 or more at a time in cramped poorly ventilated rooms for hours at a time - and we've had no mask mandates there though now some school boards are setting them individually since we seem to be having a lot of outbreaks (mostly not reported except in parent run networks).

However, something that has been nagging at me for a while now is how popular the incoherent concept of things being 3x (or whatever number of times) less or fewer things are often described as being these days. It MUST be being used to say a third or that the risks or not masking are 3.5x higher - but you can't have 3.5x less unless you have a standard less that this is 3.5x that. I sometimes wonder how people are able to think at all these days looking at the state of the language they try to think in.

Wales vaccination rate is around 70%.

US seat belt use rate is also around 78%.
More than 50% of people killed in US traffic accidents were wearing their seat belts.

...So what you're actually saying here is the COVID vaccine is more effective than seat belts at saving your life... And that's supposed to be an argument against it? Muh math, indeed.

US seat belt use rate is also around 78%.
More than 50% of people killed in US traffic accidents were wearing their seat belts.

...So what you're actually saying here is the COVID vaccine is more effective than seat belts at saving your life... And that's supposed to be an argument against it? Muh math, indeed.
It's complicated. I don't know of anyone who has actually been killed or disable by putting on their seat belt - even if they had no intention to drive. The vaccine is not without risk and while the risks are low, people react very differently to consciously choosing to take a risk to help against a risk (like covid) they think they can just avoid.

It's complicated. I don't know of anyone who has actually been killed or disable by putting on their seat belt - even if they had no intention to drive. The vaccine is not without risk and while the risks are low, people react very differently to consciously choosing to take a risk to help against a risk (like covid) they think they can just avoid.
You obviously don't remember the automatic seat belts back in the early 90's.

Also, seat belt entanglement.

There are risks to everything.

The fact is the vaccine has extremely low risk of any serious side effect associated with it.

Just having kids in school is kind of ridiculous. Here we have vaccine passports for adults if they want to sit in a restaurant but the largest unvaccinated population is forced to sit 30 or more at a time in cramped poorly ventilated rooms for hours at a time - and we've had no mask mandates there though now some school boards are setting them individually since we seem to be having a lot of outbreaks (mostly not reported except in parent run networks).
Similar disjointed rules over here. I work in a school and there is a mask mandate but it's nigh impossible to enforce and, kids being kids, they're all over each other, fighting or playing, whenever they get the chance. Covid has been rife but I seem to have somehow dodged it so far. Thankfully, despite more people I know catching it, fewer of them seem to be getting as ill. Isolating with a bit of a cold is the most common symptom I hear now.
However, something that has been nagging at me for a while now is how popular the incoherent concept of things being 3x (or whatever number of times) less or fewer things are often described as being these days. It MUST be being used to say a third or that the risks or not masking are 3.5x higher - but you can't have 3.5x less unless you have a standard less that this is 3.5x that. I sometimes wonder how people are able to think at all these days looking at the state of the language they try to think in.
Yes, that niggles me too. Irritatingly clumsy writing like that seems to be more common these days.
Or maybe I'n just getting auld and more cranky. :D

Those 70% vaccinated account for 67% of positive cases. I have a hard time believing you did not see the stupidity in the way they presented the data.

The fact is the vaccine has extremely low risk of any serious side effect associated with it.

Tell that to the people who died from the jab. I know of at least 3 who died same day as getting the jab. These numbers, and side effects in general, are not being collecting and reported.

"Despite positive trial results"

Sanofi halts development of its Covid mRNA vaccine​

The NBA’s Anti-Vaxxers Are Trying to Push Around the League — And It’s Working

Conspiracy theories in the locker room. Mask police in the arena. Superstars trying to avoid the shot.

Politics makes strange bedfellows. Medical decisions should not be political, but Dems have made it political and are weaponizing it. Some of these NBA players are well spoken here. There is redpilling going on, whether they realize it yet or not.

Last edited:
Tell that to the people who died from the jab. I know of at least 3 who died same day as getting the jab. These numbers, and side effects in general, are not being collecting and reported.

People dying from a vaccine is funny to some. That's what we are up against.

Malaria seems to be evolving to hide from rapid tests

Avoiding tests means avoiding treatment, and that means further infections.

Meanwhile over on YouTube:

YouTube bans vaccine nonsense, group led by RFK Jr. among the first to be banned.

YouTube is banning a wide range of anti-vaccine misinformation, saying it will remove videos that falsely claim vaccines cause diseases or alter people's genetic makeup, that vaccines are used to track people, or that vaccines "are part of a depopulation agenda."

.... and finally:

Health workers get panic buttons as COVID deniers get violent

Overworked health workers face jeers, harassment, attacks amid wave of cases.

Last edited:
In hospital? Because that's what matter.
I went to look for the Evidence (because that's all that matters).

"Also, the majority of people in hospital are older.
"This group is more likely to be vaccinated, but also are more likely to be hospitalised because of underlying health conditions, reduced immune response, and because they are more clinically vulnerable."

The hospital admissions rate is 53 per 100,000 of the population in those unvaccinated compared to 32 per 100,000 in those fully vaccinated, in the past month

Broken down, the hospital admissions rate for the under 60s is 3.5 times higher for unvaccinated, compared to those vaccinated. It is also 1.9 times greater for those unvaccinated who are over 60 and those who have been vaccinated.

• Of 19,140 positive tests in the past week, PHW said 33% were among unvaccinated people - that's 6,321 people. 4.5% had one dose and 41.2% two doses, the rest were unknown.
  • The case rate amongst the unvaccinated population is far higher - 1,026 cases per 100,000, compared to 348 cases per 100,000 in those who have been double-dosed with a vaccine. The median age of someone testing positive is 34.

Why are we seeing more COVID cases in fully vaccinated people?

I've also heard there are Israeli studies that show mRNA vaccines actually make the pathway for infection much easier with the Delta Variant. I'm also sure some here will want to argue the math methodology below, but posted for your consumption regardless.

Latest UK Data: Vaccinated People 3-times More Likely To Die From Delta Variant Than Unvaccinated

A report published Friday by the UK government agency Public Health England reveals individuals who received a COVID-19 vaccine are more than three times more likely to die from the Delta variant than unvaccinated people.

A briefing titled, “SARS-CoV-2 variants of concern and variants under investigation in England,” examined all currently known varients of COVID-19.

Regarding the most dangerous variant, the Delta, the UK government admits vaccinated people are 3.25 times more likely to die than those who did not take the experimental shot.

Out of 117 total deaths occurring within 28 days of infection, 44 of them were unvaccinated individuals.

Charts show one of the deceased had received their first vaccine dose within 21 days of dying and 19 of them received one vaccine dose more than 21 days before passing away.

Screen-Shot-2021-06-25-at-12.26.16-PM-1024x682.png

50 people who died from the Delta variant took both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.

In total, 70 out of the 27,192 vaccinated individuals in the study died, which is a 0.26% mortality rate.

Meanwhile, 44 out of the 53,822 unvaccinated people in the paper died, resulting in a 0.08% mortality.

--
A Wall Street Journal article published Friday showing preliminary findings by Israeli health officials revealed more than half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant in Israel received the vaccine.

“About half of adults infected in an outbreak of the Delta variant of Covid-19 in Israel were fully inoculated with the Pfizer Inc. vaccine,” WSJ writes.

Back