Suddenly vaccine skepticism has gone mainstream.

strangely enough, this popped up last night on my youtube list:

strangely enough, this popped up last night on my youtube list:

One of my favourite "YouTubers". Consistently good videos for over a decade and one of the few who releases error correcting updates.

Not that she ever planned on having kids again at her age, but that age is no one where it should have just stopped cold like that.
How old are we talking?
My partner was mid 40s. Another close friend was early 40s.
Even late 30s isn't that rare.
If she's 33 or something then yes, that is extremely unusual but even then, correlation != causation.

Last edited:
One of my favourite "YouTubers". Consistently good videos for over a decade and one of the few who releases error correcting updates.
yeah, He's quite good.
And I really enjoyed this particular video because I learned a whole shitload of stuff that really made things clear for me. The guy is gold!

from Governor Cuomo today:
"Today we close out the emergency chapter in the pandemic—effective today, New York's COVID-19 State of Emergency has ended. Federal CDC guidance will remain in place, meaning if you're unvaccinated, you should still wear a mask in public indoors. Masks will also still be required on public transit and certain other settings, like health care facilities. Fighting COVID and vaccinating New Yorkers are still our top priorities but the emergency is over—and that's thanks to the hard work of New Yorkers and especially all our essential workers. We will continue to focus on COVID recovery and reimagining and rebuilding New York."

"
1. COVID hospitalizations are at 442. Of the 113,108 tests reported yesterday, 343, or 0.30 percent, were positive. The 7-day average percent positivity was 0.35 percent. There were 101 patients in ICU yesterday, down one from the previous day. Of them, 60 are intubated. Sadly, we lost 5 New Yorkers to the virus.

2. As of 11am this morning, 71.3 percent of adult New Yorkers have completed at least one vaccine dose, per the CDC. Over the past 24 hours, 56,547 total doses have been administered. To date, New York administered 20,759,365 total doses with 63.5 percent of adult New Yorkers completing their vaccine series."

interesting

in many sources, it's been reported that 99% of covid cases are from unvaccinated persons.

Here's what's happening in states (USA) where the vaccine rates are low

and there's more stories like this:

“A few days later when I call time of death,” continued Cobia on Facebook, “I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.”

“They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t. So they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives.”

To be fair, it would be rather worrying were this not the case.

To be fair, it would be rather worrying were this not the case.
And I'm greatly relieved being many months vaccinated. Fortunately, my area is doing well with vaccinations. When I have a moment I'll post some numbers.

but it's not so good in other parts of the US:

During a press briefing on Friday, White House Coronavirus Response Coordinator Jeffrey Zients said four states accounted for more than 40% of all cases in the past week, with 20% of new cases occurring in Florida alone.

oops!

Back