Paris attackers motive is unknown

tumblr_no9x72WOQT1tb3eifo1_1280.jpg

Indeed, what now

I suspect things will be quiet for a while on the street level until things calm down, but that governments will be only too happy to push whatever unpopular measures they can in the interests of "national security".

Iraqi Intelligence informed France before the attacks. France remains vague about what they were told but sounds like there was some specific information handed over.

Which would explain why there was such a rapid and all encompassing response by the Authorities.

@metalman

Thanks for sharing some of those pictures, I'd not seen a lot of them.

The lack of integration is a problem. Most countries in Europe have some of the same problem, and so does the US. They have populations that have not been integrated for over a hundred years.
On the other hand, France has a problem in that they have been providing a lot of the fighters who go to Syria (and Africa as well) and they have political ambitions in those areas too. When those guys come back home they are radicalised and trained and they radicalise and train others. Some of this is blowback.

The lack of integration is a problem. Most countries in Europe have some of the same problem, and so does the US. They have populations that have not been integrated for over a hundred years.
On the other hand, France has a problem in that they have been providing a lot of the fighters who go to Syria (and Africa as well) and they have political ambitions in those areas too. When those guys come back home they are radicalised and trained and they radicalise and train others. Some of this is blowback.
Companies here wanted cheap labour. So they dragged countless uneducated people here, in poor housing, keeping them poor. People who warned for social problems were shunned and called nazis and xenophobes. Now, with all these problems, are these companies being held responsible? No.

I've seen rather threatening and violent chants more often. Like the hissing sound of the gas of gas chambers when one club was playing against an originally Jewish club. Or jungle sounds when a black player is playing. Football/soccer does not show the prettiest of mankind, far, far from it.

Happens every November in Scotland during the minute's silence in football grounds for Remembrance weekend. (To be fair, it's generally only the fans of one club who seem to think it's a reasonable way to air their disapproval. You can Google it if you care which one.)

Football/soccer does not show the prettiest of mankind, far, far from it.

For some reason I absolutely love the game. Still, aherm, play* it and still regularly attend matches but you're absolutely right; it tends to attract some right arseholes, regardless of the team/country.

*I say I still play football but I was never particularly good and now, at 43, I'm gradually becoming a shadow of that formerly mediocre player.

*I say I still play football but I was never particularly good and now, at 43, I'm gradually becoming a shadow of that formerly mediocre player.

I think they make the pitches bigger now. Running from one end to the other seems to take much more out of a chap than back in the day on the old pitches.

Back