nCoV2019 Pandimec!

How concerned are you?

• No worse than a typical flu season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
And still you won't touch the actual content, which was largely pointing out their own statements.

The content was largely propaganda; stooge after stooge, gushing about how wonderful the president is.
In fact scratch largely; it was entirely propaganda. Effectively a campaign advert.

You're quite happy for such absurd, Pravda-flavoured pantomime to be part of a presidential press conference and so am I, albeit for completely different reasons. You find it edifying. I find it entertaining.

As if it wasn't already bad enough - it's also airborne AIDS!!
The Covid Toe story is now on the BBC:
Asymmetrical, chilblain-like legions around the hands and feet, which could be itchy or painful. Generally found in younger patients, lasted on average 12 days, appeared later on in the course of the disease, and were associated with mild infections. Accounted for 19% of cases.

while some people are acting like idiots, others are actually doing something useful

How to Help Your Hospital (Fight COVID-19 Locally)

As if it wasn't already bad enough - it's also airborne AIDS!!
It's not AIDS and it's not really airborne, it can only travel along with (microdrops of) saliva. And AIDS uses the immune system to procreate, it doesn't just defend against it (which all infections do, otherwise we wouldn't even call it an infection). It's a flu which is different enough from the flu to be 2 to 3 times as deadly as the normal flu, about 3.5% IIRC, which is a far cry from the 99.999% death rate of AIDS (if untreated). Mind you the flu is a NASTY disease if you look closely to it. Native Americans didn't have the immunity to the flu the Europeans had when they came in contact with them, which decimated the population in a fairly short period. Unlike the native Americans back then, our immune system is well adapted against the flu and all it's mutations, but this mutation is just so different it makes it deadly again.
But if you're healthy (not overworked, eating healthy and not being too fat or skinny), your immune system is more likely be able to adapt.
And the poor nurses and docters DO get overworked, and are therefore much more at risk getting killed by this virus. Therefore, these doctors and nurses need all the help they can get so they can have a good night's sleep, and no (financial) worries or other burdens outside of their vital tasks, no Google hearts and thankyous, but actual structural, physical and financial HELP.
Regarding the risk of recurring, it might very well recur 5 times, and the most positive estimations expect this to go on for about 2 years. But over time it may very well become just another flu. Recurring, but not having a greater kill ratio than normal flus.
Sorry my sources are only in Dutch (NRC Handelsblad).

Last edited:
while some people are acting like idiots, others are actually doing something useful

How to Help Your Hospital (Fight COVID-19 Locally)
Those face shields seem to me to be far far more efficient than face masks, as it also protect the eyes (so the virus can't enter via the lachrymal duct) and it can be cleaned easily. Also, something not to be underestimated, it's a LOT less dehumanizing, something that's important for the patients as they are going through a lot of stress already, and if there's something deadly for ill people, it's stress.

Last edited:
Yes, his troll was an epic clap back. He's largely not dealing with media. He's dealing with operatives.
Regardless of your political beliefs, don't you think it's extremely wrong if the PRESIDENT is TROLLING the press? That kind of childish behaviour isn't even acceptable for a 4 year old toddler, let alone the PRESIDENT! Especially in this time! And if he thinks the press is crooked (I don't argue with that), he should be straightforward about that, neutral and able to put under concise words exactly what his problem is with them. THAT is an honest and professional attitude that you as a taxpayer should expect from a president, as he OWES you that.

Last edited:
That kind of childish behaviour isn't even acceptable for a 4 year old toddler, let alone the PRESIDENT!

The sad thing is, it is acceptable now. Not only acceptable but praised, heralded and trumpeted as some weird form of genius.

The sad thing is, it is acceptable now. Not only acceptable but praised, heralded and trumpeted as some weird form of genius.

You guys aren't here in the US and haven't seen the daily barrage. Early on in the plague, he actually did deflect the attacks and stayed pretty stoic. Day after day I watched and was pretty impressed how he kept deflecting. The attacks continued. It was unprecedented attacks and grandstanding, so Trump went back to being Trump.

I wish Trump would present himself as Reagan would, but I also wish the media would not be known hostile opposition and foreign actors.

What is China covering up about the coronavirus?

Shi Zhengli, the virologist known as China’s “batwoman” for her work with bat coronaviruses, directed ( bio now scrubbed from Center ) the WIV’s Center for Emerging Infectious Diseases and is listed as the primary database contact.

Substantial alterations to the WIV database on the evening of Dec. 30, the day before the World Health Organization was alerted to the outbreak

At some point while she was on that Dec. 30th train ride to Wuhan, alterations were made to her database, which contained records of bat viruses transmitted to other wild animals.

Most of the changes were to delete the keywords “wildlife” or “wild animals.” This is significant, because global health researchers say the virus jumped from bats to humans via another wild animal — the crucial “missing link” in the COVID-19 transmission chain.

Shi used to boast that her bat-virus database was unique because it included data on virus variants in other wild animals.

Was her database censored to keep prying eyes away from references to cross-species transmission of viruses in wild animals?

This is Barstool Sports president. He makes a really good point. The curve was flattened long ago.

There should be a place (like out in the country somewhere) where people can go and voluntarily catch COVID19 and come back to civilisation when they get three clear tests in a row. Some people will die. Some people will have health issues for life. Some will get the sickest they've ever been and will recover. And some will get lucky. There will be lots of people to take that chance. Mostly men, probably. I'll hold their beer.

Back