nCoV2019 Pandimec!

How concerned are you?

• No worse than a typical flu season

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This is the level of tinpot nonsense we have to put with in Scotland now:

Now that is a lot stricter lock down than we are doing in the US. Even Michigan, which has locked down pretty strictly compared to most states, still allows travel to other residences. (Unless she has a full staff at her houses, or something?) We allow visiting parks, boating, and outdoor activities, provided you can keep the 6ft social distance, too.

And no one actually checks who gets deemed "essential." Hell, Gamestop was trying to say they are essential retail, FFS.

I think it's a stretch calling my wife's job "essential." She works at a hospital, which is absolutely essential, but she coordinates insurance, charity, and Medicare paperwork.

And I think it's a stretch calling my company essential. Technically we do produce some parts for mining and transportation, but most of what we are still producing is not essential to those fields. But with manufacturing being so tight of schedule and interconnected, there are loads of companies here that aren't really "essential" but interconnected to things that might be occasionally essential, so everyone has an excuse to call their company essential, and no one wants to shut down. Honestly, in terms of production, most of what Detroit makes, we're still making, aside from the actual UAW, themselves. They forced a shutdown of most UAW plants. But they are the only ones who have the clout to get a shutdown. Everyone else has hopes, prayers, and signs saying to wash their hands. :/

And, because of that, it is likely to still keep getting worse in Michigan.

Even Michigan, which has locked down pretty strictly compared to most states, still allows travel to other residences. (Unless she has a full staff at her houses, or something?)

No, it's an otherwise empty holiday home.
The CMO has been appearing multiple times per day for the last fortnight, on TV and radio public service broadcasts, telling everyone how important it is not to leave your house unless it's absolutely essential.
Then it turns out she's been buggering off to her holiday home every weekend, defying the emergency law which should have seen her fined £60 on each occasion.

Staggering hypocrisy and she wasn't even sacked for it.

-Edit-
She has just resigned. What a shambles.

Last edited:
Make your own reusable virus inhibiting mask!

Universal and reusable virus deactivation system for respiratory protection
(soaked filter in sodium chloride)
https://www.nature.com/articles/srep39956.pdf

"a reusable virus deactivation system by coating the filtration unit of a surgical mask with sodium chloride salt. The salt coating on the fiber surface dissolves upon exposure to virus aerosols and recrystallizes during drying, destroying the pathogens."

It would seem to me after reading, that any brine salt solution would work, using Sea Salt with multiple salts may work even better than just sodium chloride
I used a microfiber towel, which I soaked in a brine solution, dried, then weaved a long shoe lace through

could also be used to soak some cotton gloves, which would stop the spreading of virus with your hands

And, because of that, it is likely to still keep getting worse in Michigan.

It's going to keep getting worse everywhere. The smartest people in the world right now are preppers, who were previously classified as fringe right wing lunatics. This is all scary stuff. US projections of 30-40 percent unemployment? The Great Depression was what? 28%? Combine that with generations that are getting increasingly paper soft, this isn't likely to end well.

Are you all seeing more individual family members, friends and acquaintances absolutely having complete mental breakdowns? We are early in this mess, and it is already starting.

Are you all seeing more individual family members, friends and acquaintances absolutely having complete mental breakdowns? We are early in this mess, and it is already starting.

Well, Detroit is probably a major exception on that front. The coasts seem to be melting down a bunch. But we're just grumbling and moving along. We're a pretty hearty bunch. My wife has a few acquaintances who are of the constant "Help! I'm being repressed!" variety, and they are having meltdowns, of course. But they always do. We ignore them.

My uncle, who is a small business owner, has been loving the time off. I think he was pretty burned out from being at the shop nonstop. A forced closure, and he's been happily working on his house and wrenching on cars like he's been wanting to for quite some time. And he's lucky, being in a non-essential hardware/hobby field, that his stock doesn't depreciate or expire. So, he closed out his normal Friday, washed everything down good, hung a sign, closed and locked up. And will pick it up from there when he can.

Almost all my friends and acquaintances are deemed "essential" and still working along in some fashion, albeit from home or with some new precautions. Pretty much everyone that has a decent job has been deemed essential. Shit, pretty much the only real employment around here is essential employment. You have to go back to the early 90's to find any companies carrying anyone not essential. If you have a real job, you work your ass off. And the people sensible enough to be working their asses off have been saving up. Everyone who has half a brain knew another downturn was coming. It just looks a little different than we were expecting. I never would have guessed it would look like this. But, masks aside, we've been through it all before. What I've learned from my friends down south over the past few years is that a lot of the country hasn't.

And I feel for under 25 crowd of kids. Tough time to be trying to get a start. But they'll be in demand when it finally passes and we start rebuilding. Personally, I don't expect that until mid-2021 or so, though. At least not in the bigger cities.

CBS's Paula Reid questions Trump on his pravda style election advert:
"Your video has a complete gap. What did your administration do in February with the time that your travel ban bought you?"
Trump: "A lot. A lot."
Reid: "The video has a gap."
Trump: "You know you're a fake."

Fantastic entertainment. :p

As if it wasn't already bad enough - it's also airborne AIDS!!

What parts do you take exception to?

Seriously? :lol:
The whole video is a propaganda puff-piece (set to beautifully stirring, "patriotic" music), played at a supposedly serious press conference.

Which ones do you think are fake?
I'm not the one whining "fake" here, you are.
Just like your hero any time he's asked an awkward question.

As if it wasn't already bad enough - it's also airborne AIDS!!
What a thoroughly depressing and alarming video.
The bit explaining some of the reasons "you really don't want to catch this virus" jumped out at me.
At least Trump's video was funny.

The whole video is a propaganda puff-piece (set to beautifully stirring, "patriotic" music), played at a supposedly serious press conference.

Yes, his troll was an epic clap back. He's largely not dealing with media. He's dealing with operatives.

I'm not the one whining "fake" here, you are.
Just like your hero any time he's asked an awkward question.

And still you won't touch the actual content, which was largely pointing out their own statements.

Back