Limbaugh: Contraception advocate should post online sex videos

If subjected to the same standard applied to Rush Limbaugh this week, not one libtalker would still be on their air.

I'm not a fan of that end of his speech - however, there is a huge difference between the situations that is getting glossed over here. Palin et al are PUBLIC figures. Public figures generally do not have the protections of private citizens when it comes to criticism and ridicule. Fluke is not in that category.

Secondly Rush grossly mischaracterised (perhaps actually lied about, at the very least riffed off of very inadequate information that he neglected to verify) what Fluke's testimony was and effectively levelled false charges at her which were defamatory.

The right probably understands this but they also live by the philosophy that the best defence is offence. They aren't very concerned about making sense, just making threats and noise.

The right probably understands this but they also live by the philosophy that the best defence is offence. They aren't very concerned about making sense, just making threats and noise.

Threats and noise that is repeated ad nauseum with equal disregard for the facts.

I never thought Bill Maher was funny, but since you have actually laughed at Bill Maher, that is a sign that you probably would enjoy it. I would personally recommend you avoid both, but I'm not someone who actually has to try something myself to decide its distasteful, but if you were to try it and recommend it, ... well then bon appetit

Hahaha.... touché! :pint:

Whoosh! Maher objectified Palin and Bachman, calling them MILFs and remaking about their breasts. Strangely this is OK with you and obviously Cecilia.
Whoosh yourself. We know what Maher did. You just can't seem to see how it is not the same as what Rush did.

Miss Fluke doesn’t have enough money to buy birth control pills, but she’s currently on spring break in California with her boyfriend, ...

you just had the neture of her testimony presented to you and you go straight back to Rush's mischaracterisation. Can it be that you lack short term memory or is it just very selective?

Because if this nobody (Limbaugh is known, as is John Stewart, Maher on the other hand isn't even a blip over here) is the best you can come up with, you're in big trouble fellas.

The latest "progressive" OUTRAGE rings hollow, because they've never complained about the "progressive" name calling that libtalk hosts routinely engage in.

If you don't know who the "progressive" libtalkers are, e.g. Maher, Letterman, Olbermann, Shultz, Rhodes, Taibbi, Malloy you have understanding of the current controversy.

The latest "progressive" OUTRAGE rings hollow, because they've never complained about the "progressive" name calling that libtalk hosts routinely engage in.

You say it rings hollow because that is what you want to believe but you cannot draw a convincing parallel between what Rush did and what these other people did. You fail to grasp the essential differences or understand the moral outrage either because you don't inherently feel morals but use them as ideological weapons (as if only the right has them though you don't seem to be really sure what they are), or because you choose not to know what the situation truly is or you are not in the loop as to what the information is. The latter excuse you can no longer truthfully claim as it has been explained to you in this forum. It is possible that you are still wilfully or otherwise preventing the circumstances from entering your brain.

Can you say what was the nature of Ms Fluke's testimony?

by the time limbaugh is done a republican will need an occupy demonstrator as a wingman with signed notes from liberals saying he's not one o them kinda republicans just to have sex with an underage same sex meth addict....

by the time limbaugh is done a republican will need an occupy demonstrator as a wingman with signed notes from liberals saying he's not one o them kinda republicans just to have sex with an underage same sex meth addict....

Huh? You've been slipping lately RLB.

So she's asking that insurance cover gender reassignment... Ok...

Given that maybe 1% of the population are LGBT, of which only a fraction make up transgenders, why would having it available on insurance as an option be an issue? From the article it seems some insurers already do offer it.

Perhaps being English, and therefore according to Hollywood an evil genius, I'm missing something, but I just really can't see the controversy here in attempting to encourage more insurers to cover it.

Perhaps being English, and therefore according to Hollywood an evil genius, I'm missing something, but I just really can't see the controversy here in attempting to encourage more insurers to cover it.
What you are missing, not being from America, is the small mindset that believe America is going to hell because of the 1%. That's not the 1% that are rich, no sir. That's the 1% that are sexually questionable. I'd wish the Purtains came back. It'd be nice to see some liberal right-wingers in the race.

http://www.teapartysolutions.org/all_laws_apply_to_all_people.html
Seems to me the right-wing tries to argue laws should apply equally. It appears that 'equally' now means with exception to whatever their bosses want to do as long as they site whatever version of Sky Daddy as the exception. This is known as the 'all animals are equal but some animals are more equal than others' clause.

Limbaugh blames the incident on Obama.
Watch as another Repube slips into paranoidland.

Of course, by now most everyone is aware that Bain Capital – where Romney made hundreds of millions of dollars and from which he still receives millions – is co-owner of the company, Clear Channel, that pays Limbaugh his reported salary of $400 million dollars over eight years. Limbaugh even acknowledged this on his program, according to the conservative website “Daily Caller”
http://thepoliticalcarnival.net/201...ain-capital-owns-half-of-rush-limbaughs-butt/

lol

Funny part is Limbaugh is not overly excited about Mitt. So Mitt who owns a portion of Bain Capital who co-owns Clear Channel with another investment group isn't getting that much support from Limbaugh. Out of the four candidates, Limbaugh has been more positive for Rick then the other three candidates. So your point is again?

Back