Home fruit & vegetable garden anyone?

You going to water daily or twice daily until we get some rain?

Probably twice daily, but I will monitor soil moisture. I put some grass clippings in the box to help retain moisture.

Yeah that is what I read, but I threw caution to the wind and planted Beefsteak Tomatoes, Green Bell Peppers and Sweet Banana Peppers today.

LOL at least plant the colored (red,yellow,orange) Bell Peppers!!

Pepper Seeds

you should also plant Serrano and Jalapeno

They even offer Bhut (naga) Jolokia

@Argo

Sounds great! Aren't you in Texas? Isn't most of Texas zone 11? I am surprised to see you have an apple tree. Do you get a lot of apples?

I'm up in the great white North of Northern NY on the Canadian Border on the shores of the Great St. Lawrence River. Really, I can see Canada from here!

Wow. Just... wow. Still, how much money was wasted bringing this to court in the first place?

I don't think there was any over time involved so there was no waste. Government employees are paid by a preapproved budget funded by tax payers and special use fees so it's a question of them doing work for or not doing any work for their pay checks. Best use of the government employee's idle time is to have them look for additional revenue generation (fines and such) or enhancement. It's a question of "low hanging fruit" from the pockets of the citizens that the governments feels they are entitled to, by law or regulations.

You don't want to eat too many of those...
:lol:
As our resident expert on Bhut (naga) Jolokia, is too many ... 1 or 2?

It should require a Warning Label
The intensity of the Bhut Jolokia may create a very strong pain sensation lasting up to 30 minutes, one should eat the Bhut Jolokia pepper with extreme caution!

Its main use has to be as a mammal repellent (police pepper spray)

All charges dismissed. Fortunately, in this case, sanity prevails. Outrage and publicity still work!
yes, charges were dismissed, but they didn't go into much detail in this article, but code enforcement actually climbed her backyard fence then issued tickets for having unlicensed dogs, (the dogs were licensed) after the first story was published. The cases were, "dismissal without prejudice" which is a dismissal that allows for re-filing of the case in the future, when there is less attention.

We have two gardens. Lets see.... I have potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, onions(two varieties), Zucchini, sweet potatoes and corn in both gardens. One garden has the strawberry patch. The other has garlic and a arbor for the beans, peas, cucumbers and concord grapes. Oh, that one also has pumpkins, radishes and carrots. Plus two large pots and a hanger of strawberries.
We just harvested the garlic and radishes. Been picking strawberries the last few weeks.
Then in the back of the large yard is the large apple tree.
Yes, it's better fresh from the garden. Much more flavor.

https://plus.google.com/photos/112054552333449054421/albums/5635700584709727921
IMG_0096.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

:lol:
As our resident expert on Bhut (naga) Jolokia, is too many ... 1 or 2?

Ooh, I'd say one is enough, for sure :)

It should require a Warning Label
Its main use has to be as a mammal repellent (police pepper spray)

Funny you should say that, but mammals tend to destroy the seeds (by chewing) such that they don't germinate. Birds, on the other hand, tend not to damage the seeds nor do they have the pain response to capsaicin, lacking the binding receptors or it. It has been suggested that the plant evolved using capsaicin as a survival strategy in order to deter mammals from eating it's fruit and relying instead on birds to spread their seeds.

And yet here we are, eating them specifically for the burn they developed to prevent it. It's only a shame they lack the capacity to appreciate irony :)

Back